• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Looking for front screen protector...

Search This thread

millertimefl

Mar 29, 2010
Tampa, FL
Anyone find a front film screen protector for the front screen of the fold? I saw some for folding screen on eBay...I know that is a no no but not much for front. Share link if you bought one!
Thanks

millertimefl

Mar 29, 2010
Tampa, FL
That's a skin not a screen protector. And it has a cut section to help peel the screen bit off of the rest so no good as a screen protector

yeah that is a skin...strange no clear film for front (small screen) for this device anywhere. I like the look of the front with no case and back with case when closed. Maybe I'll try to cut my own...

vivek 8

Aug 2, 2016
just applied the matte naked skin from slickwrap. the front has option to leave front screen skin on. works well. looks good too

---------- Post added at 04:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 AM ----------

another advantage is that there are no smudges or finger prints residue on front screen once you apply this

---------- Post added at 05:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 AM ----------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjYNWqVIUp8

evoguru

Aug 30, 2010
tacoma wa
I'm using an inside screen protector found on ebay. I remember seeing a set for the all the surfaces including the hinge on there. It's a softer self healing material. But man does it help save the inside screen from and nasty little scratches or finger nail marks. Just give it a quick search on ebay

---------- Post added at 07:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 AM ----------

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com.au/ulk/itm/143440462692

millertimefl

Mar 29, 2010
Tampa, FL
Is it safe to put a screen protector on the inside screen and the hinge?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seems to not be a good idea to put inside screen protector. I think most i see will go on ok and will bend fine but when you eventually remove it it will pull on the soft stock screen and pull it away from the internal screen components. If it is fragile putting pressure on it probably worse pulling on it!

_sC

Aug 29, 2016
How about the hinge?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i am looking to purchase a skin for the hinge as well

so far i have only seen that one "healing screen protector" from korea come with a hinge skin.

are there any other links anyone knows about?

bogdi1988

Mar 16, 2007
Seattle, WA
I just put the ebay one on the outside and inner screen. Application is... a b*tch. Lots of patience and do/redo. However, the screen feels REALLY nice now with it on. That + the leather case from Samsung is an awesome combo now!

Jeshter2000

Aug 24, 2010
I just put the ebay one on the outside and inner screen. Application is... a b*tch. Lots of patience and do/redo. However, the screen feels REALLY nice now with it on. That + the leather case from Samsung is an awesome combo now!

Could you please post pictures.... And a link to which screenprotector you bought...

jutley

Mar 23, 2006
UK
i am looking to purchase a skin for the hinge as well

so far i have only seen that one "healing screen protector" from korea come with a hinge skin.

are there any other links anyone knows about?

You can make your own i did simply cut out some unused zagg shield protector with a sharp exo knife and ruler perfect fit looks great.