Looking for root for tab s2

Search This thread

suzook

Jan 25, 2010
Wondering when xda will have section for s2???? Also hoping a dev can come up with a root method. I can test as I have a sm-t810.

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
looks like the superuser app in system app doesnt have correc permisions???

Shouldn't need to install the superuser app. It should already be installed.
Root again and watch the process. Particularly watch to see if the system and cache partition successfully mount or fail.

This is why I need screen shots and vids.

suzook

Jan 25, 2010
Shouldn't need to install the superuser app. It should already be installed.
Root again and watch the process. Particularly watch to see if the system and cache partition successfully mount or fail.

This is why I need screen shots and vids.

OK, i will try again with pics.....they do mount, but the superuser app in /sytem/app doesnt have proper permisions...that make sense?

suzook

Jan 25, 2010
Here it is

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-23-19-29-39.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-08-23-19-29-39.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 497

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
OK, i will try again with pics.....they do mount, but the superuser app in /sytem/app doesnt have proper permisions...that make sense?

Can you post a screen shot of root validator so I can see what got installed.
If the partitions mount as you say then there may be a problem with the supersu script.
You should not have to install any superuser app or update the binary as the exploit uses the latest binaries.

I will be turning in for tonight so if you can get the screen shots of the process where it mounts the partitions and where it installs the supersu files and a screen shot from root validator that will give me something to look at tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

Ok the supersu script didn't run. I will fix that tomorrow.

Good night.

suzook

Jan 25, 2010
Can you post a screen shot of root validator so I can see what got installed.
If the partitions mount as you say then there may be a problem with the supersu script.
You should not have to install any superuser app or update the binary as the exploit uses the latest binaries.

I will be turning in for tonight so if you can get the screen shots of the process where it mounts the partitions and where it installs the supersu files and a screen shot from root validator that will give me something to look at tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

Ok the supersu script didn't run. I will fix that tomorrow.

Good night.

Great, thanks. Have a great night.

ashyx

Oct 14, 2012
If and when I get root working for the sm-t810 I will look at root for you guys.

suzook

Jan 25, 2010
Test 2.
Watch for the supersu script running in the process. You should see the supersu installer script run after the partitions get mounted.

smt810_cf-autoroot_v2

Check with root validator for root.

nope, same as build 1. no superuser app, script does not run. Will be away from a computer in a half hour till later on today, won't be able to test for about 11 hrs from now. Thanks, I'm sure we(you) will get it.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts