Looking for Samsung Galaxy On5 SM-G550T1 Stock ROM Please Help!

Search This thread

FannyPackMan

Sep 8, 2016
I just ended up completing following steps:

1 odin full metro pcs firmware
2 use root junky universal frp bypass
3 oem unlock
4 odin twrp
5 restore tmo twrp backup
6 optional to odin back stock recovery.. i just left twrp

of course you can back up efs but i simply didnt restore it and all is good!

The only problem is, if you didn't back up the EFS files to restore later, your baseband is missing.

elliwigy

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
XDA App Taskforce
The only problem is, if you didn't back up the EFS files to restore later, your baseband is missing.

the twrp backup had the baseband and technically the metro and tmo firmwares were the same except the branding.

everything wasput onto tmo including baseband.. i even updated it onceflashed backto tmo

FannyPackMan

Sep 8, 2016
the twrp backup had the baseband and technically the metro and tmo firmwares were the same except the branding.

everything wasput onto tmo including baseband.. i even updated it onceflashed backto tmo

I see. Well, when I flashed the TWRP backup to my phone (T-Mobile), my baseband is missing. What do I do to fix this? RE-flash the EFS files? If I were to do this, what method would I use?

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
I see. Well, when I flashed the TWRP backup to my phone (T-Mobile), my baseband is missing. What do I do to fix this? RE-flash the EFS files? If I were to do this, what method would I use?

the modem is in the backup..your efs is unique to your device and contains information specific to your phone such as imei, mac etc. so you cant use someone elses efs, you needed to have a backup..

i do not know of a way to fix that issue to be honest lol

majority of time efs gets messed up the device typically will no longer be seen by the carrier at all as allthe unique related info has been modified or deleted

FannyPackMan

Sep 8, 2016
the modem is in the backup..your efs is unique to your device and contains information specific to your phone such as imei, mac etc. so you cant use someone elses efs, you needed to have a backup..

i do not know of a way to fix that issue to be honest lol

majority of time efs gets messed up the device typically will no longer be seen by the carrier at all as allthe unique related info has been modified or deleted

SO I likely need to take my phone to T-Mobile, tell them about what happened, and see if they can restore my phone to factory settings?

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
SO I likely need to take my phone to T-Mobile, tell them about what happened, and see if they can restore my phone to factory settings?

unless you have insurance or within 15days you can sayitwas doa/defective.. they might check to see if know was tripped and possibly go through samsung for warranty..

typically messin with your phone voids warranty so if they can determine that youre sol.. then again store reps arent very knowledgeable usually lol

FannyPackMan

Sep 8, 2016
unless you have insurance or within 15days you can sayitwas doa/defective.. they might check to see if know was tripped and possibly go through samsung for warranty..

typically messin with your phone voids warranty so if they can determine that youre sol.. then again store reps arent very knowledgeable usually lol

I see. Suppose they found out my warranty is tripped. Could I just re-buy the warranty, and then have them fix it?

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 AM ----------

I have a favor for you guys. This guy on youtube says he has flashable ODIN files for the t-mobile version of the galaxy on 5. I don't have the money right now, but I was wondering if someone would like to pay the $10 for the files, and then upload it here for distribution? Comments on youtube suggest that it is a legitimate set of files that work, according to some who bought the files and tested it. This would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGZ4ElBV_N0

Last edited:

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
I see. Suppose they found out my warranty is tripped. Could I just re-buy the warranty, and then have them fix it?

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 AM ----------

I have a favor for you guys. This guy on youtube says he has flashable ODIN files for the t-mobile version of the galaxy on 5. I don't have the money right now, but I was wondering if someone would like to pay the $10 for the files, and then upload it here for distribution? Comments on youtube suggest that it is a legitimate set of files that work, according to some who bought the files and tested it. This would be greatly appreciated.

lol.. thats not how things work on here.. you shouldnt have to pay for free odin files. And you are not allowed to ask for money on here.. only donations are accepted and xda users cant ask for money for their work.

why dont u just download thetmo odinfiles already posted inthe forums? Lighthammer already has them posted..

Also, you cannot "rebuy" a warranty. onceits lost itslost,your only hope wouldbe insurance replcement ifyou have insurance.

not tobe rude oraything but you shouldnt mess with stuff you dont understand in order to avoid messing things up

kevo150

Sep 10, 2016
POSSIBLE EFS FIX HERE!!!!!!! again.... POSSIBLE EFS FIX HERE!!!!

Thank you for your comment about the EFS. I installed supersu, then downloaded a root explorer and extracted the efs and cefs .tar files from the twrp recovery folder available at the twrp website. The files extracted I pasted into EFS adn CEFS in the phone and i rebooted. Then it said password was incorrect, so I installed a stock rom someone posted earlier for tmobile version, but unchecked EFS and modem, and now phone is working again! Yay. Thanks everyone for your help.

Does anyone know what Bjonsonforeva is talking about here? I need help with what Bjohnsonforeva did to fix his EFS issues with his T-Mobile phone.

1. He said he installed Supersu and downloaded a root explorer. WHICH ROOT EXPLORER? STEPS???
2. He extracted the EFS and CEFS.TAR files from the twrp website. WHERE DO YOU FIND THESE TWO FILES???
3. He extacted and pasted EFS and CEFS in the phone and rebooted. WHERE IS THE DIRECTORY LOCATED AND HOW DO I PUT THESE FILES IN THE PHONE????
4. He said the password was incorrect, so he installed a stock rom someone posted earlier for the t-mobile version, unchecked EFS and Modem and his phone is working correctly again.. WHERE IS THIS STOCK ROM HE IS TALKING ABOUT AND HOW DO YOU PERFORM THIS STEP???

I've been trying to fix my T-mobile EFS for two weeks with no avail.. Can someone try this method or give step by step on how this was performed??? Getting a little desperate here to fix this phone I need for work.

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

lol.. thats not how things work on here.. you shouldnt have to pay for free odin files. And you are not allowed to ask for money on here.. only donations are accepted and xda users cant ask for money for their work.

why dont u just download thetmo odinfiles already posted inthe forums? Lighthammer already has them posted..

Because Lighthammerx's tmo odin files is missing the BL and won't flash. Also, it differs from the one on the video. The one lighthammer posted has AP, CP, *OPT*, and a PIT file. No BL. It differs from the normal AP, CP, CSC, and a BL with no PIT file which the MetroPCS version has....

My previous post before this one has someone that fixed his EFS but nobody has commented on the details of how he accomplished the fix, nor a reply from "Bgjohnsonforeva" on the details of how he did it.

Why won't Samsung or T-mobile just release the firmware for this cheap phone? Also why won't Samsung allow this phone to be fixed via Smartswitch?? This is so stupid in my opinion...

Last edited:

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
POSSIBLE EFS FIX HERE!!!!!!! again.... POSSIBLE EFS FIX HERE!!!!

Does anyone know what Bjonsonforeva is talking about here? I need help with what Bjohnsonforeva did to fix his EFS issues with his T-Mobile phone.

1. He said he installed Supersu and downloaded a root explorer. WHICH ROOT EXPLORER? STEPS???
2. He extracted the EFS and CEFS.TAR files from the twrp website. WHERE DO YOU FIND THESE TWO FILES???
3. He extacted and pasted EFS and CEFS in the phone and rebooted. WHERE IS THE DIRECTORY LOCATED AND HOW DO I PUT THESE FILES IN THE PHONE????
4. He said the password was incorrect, so he installed a stock rom someone posted earlier for the t-mobile version, unchecked EFS and Modem and his phone is working correctly again.. WHERE IS THIS STOCK ROM HE IS TALKING ABOUT AND HOW DO YOU PERFORM THIS STEP???

I've been trying to fix my T-mobile EFS for two weeks with no avail.. Can someone try this method or give step by step on how this was performed??? Getting a little desperate here to fix this phone I need for work.

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

Because Lighthammerx's tmo odin files is missing the BL and won't flash. Also, it differs from the one on the video. The one lighthammer posted has AP, CP, *OPT*, and a PIT file. No BL. It differs from the normal AP, CP, CSC, and a BL with no PIT file which the MetroPCS version has....

My previous post before this one has someone that fixed his EFS but nobody has commented on the details of how he accomplished the fix, nor a reply from "Bgjohnsonforeva" on the details of how he did it.

Why won't Samsung or T-mobile just release the firmware for this cheap phone? Also why won't Samsung allow this phone to be fixed via Smartswitch?? This is so stupid in my opinion...

it doesnt change te fact your not allowed to ask for money for someone to provide odin files or roms on this site..

heck, even saying youll give a rom to those who donate is against rules.

and again, im sure its fixable somehow but first you must understand what EFS actually is.. its UNIQUE information pertaining to a particular device that is in a protected partition on the phone... Why should Samsung fix something that users went out of their way to bypass security and break it? without samsung knowing exactly what phone it is or what was broken they dont allow smartswitch to simply flash anything to any device a user puts in their as it can cause more issues.. this is why modifying your phone breaks the warranty and if this is done, samsung will not help you and arent required to help you.

on a side note, the one who supposedly fixed it told u in his post what he did lol

to add

1) theres only one supersu...
2) any root explorer should work, search the play store after you obtain root...
3) clearly the stock tmo rom was a twrp backup that was posted and probably the same i used...
4) you know its a twrp backup because he unchecks efs and modem which cannot be dont in odin, so it had to be twrp backup that he restored to the phone...

so that should get your foot in the door but good luck with the rest.. hope it all works out and it doesnt get further messed up

Last edited:

kevo150

Sep 10, 2016
it doesnt change te fact your not allowed to ask for money for someone to provide odin files or roms on this site..

heck, even saying youll give a rom to those who donate is against rules.

and again, im sure its fixable somehow but first you must understand what EFS actually is.. its UNIQUE information pertaining to a particular device that is in a protected partition on the phone... Why should Samsung fix something that users went out of their way to bypass security and break it? without samsung knowing exactly what phone it is or what was broken they dont allow smartswitch to simply flash anything to any device a user puts in their as it can cause more issues.. this is why modifying your phone breaks the warranty and if this is done, samsung will not help you and arent required to help you.

on a side note, the one who supposedly fixed it told u in his post what he did lol

to add

1) theres only one supersu...
2) any root explorer should work, search the play store after you obtain root...
3) clearly the stock tmo rom was a twrp backup that was posted and probably the same i used...
4) you know its a twrp backup because he unchecks efs and modem which cannot be dont in odin, so it had to be twrp backup that he restored to the phone...

so that should get your foot in the door but good luck with the rest.. hope it all works out and it doesnt get further messed up

1. Fannypackman asked someone to pay for it. not me.
2. I replied to your response to him about "why don't you use Lighthammer's Odin file", and gave you the reason. It is missing the bootloader. I wasn't arguing with you about paying the youtube guy. I did however say I would donate to someone who would try.
3. Thanks for explaining the EFS. I understand. However, I still think the firmware should be easily available.
4. The guy who explained what he did to fix it. I wanted specifics on how. I first used this forum when I preordered a T-Mobile G1 and rooted it many years ago. I even remember Cyanogen starting his builds for the G1.... anyways... I forgot a lot about android because I went to the iPhone for work purposes and used it for many years.
5. Thank you for trying to help.

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
1. Fannypackman asked someone to pay for it. not me.
2. I replied to your response to him about "why don't you use Lighthammer's Odin file", and gave you the reason. It is missing the bootloader. I wasn't arguing with you about paying the youtube guy. I did however say I would donate to someone who would try.
3. Thanks for explaining the EFS. I understand. However, I still think the firmware should be easily available.
4. The guy who explained what he did to fix it. I wanted specifics on how. I first used this forum when I preordered a T-Mobile G1 and rooted it many years ago. I even remember Cyanogen starting his builds for the G1.... anyways... I forgot a lot about android because I went to the iPhone for work purposes and used it for many years.
5. Thank you for trying to help.

yea i kno it was the other guy askin for money to pay a random youtuber who "looks legit" lol when odin tars are essentially free..

an odin tar would be nice but what i tried to tell him is the twrp backup has everything including the BL backed up.. when i used it in twrp minus the efs option, it loaded up as a full tmo device which i even updated to the latest tmo firmware on the device. even booting into dl mode, recovery mode, system settings everything was set back to tmo..

it wasnt the rom however that was messed up, its the efs so he cant simply fix it unfortunately.. many dont even touch the efs at all for that exact reason lol

FannyPackMan

Sep 8, 2016

Also, you cannot "rebuy" a warranty. onceits lost itslost,your only hope wouldbe insurance replcement ifyou have insurance.

not tobe rude oraything but you shouldnt mess with stuff you dont understand in order to avoid messing things up

Did I ever once ask for money? I seem to recall asking anyone if they're willing to make a small monetary purchase to get files that are other wise difficult to get and distribute it to anyone. I would do it myself, but for the time being I don't have the money. I am not in any ways affiliated with this guy nor support his selfish and exploitive decision. Is that difficult to understand? And you're right that someone shouldn't have to pay for free odin files, COPYRIGHTED software illegally being sold and distributed in such a way. Look in the comments section and I, FannyPackMan, even told him this myself. But that clearly got me nowhere. Sometimes in life, you have to do things you don't want to do in order to progress forward. I don't care if I end up paying for something that should be free, as long as I get what I desperately need. Then, when the files are acquired by whomever, they can distribute them amongst all of us freely.

No offense, but I think you yourself need to learn how sentences and syntax work before you speak of not messing with things you don't understand.

And I wasn't aware someone posted the odin files for t mobile. As long as they're complete and work without issue, I will give them a try.

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
Did I ever once ask for money? I seem to recall asking anyone if they're willing to make a small monetary purchase to get files that are other wise difficult to get and distribute it to anyone. I would do it myself, but for the time being I don't have the money. I am not in any ways affiliated with this guy nor support his selfish and exploitive decision. Is that difficult to understand? And you're right that someone shouldn't have to pay for free odin files, COPYRIGHTED software illegally being sold and distributed in such a way. Look in the comments section and I, FannyPackMan, even told him this myself. But that clearly got me nowhere. Sometimes in life, you have to do things you don't want to do in order to progress forward. I don't care if I end up paying for something that should be free, as long as I get what I desperately need. Then, when the files are acquired by whomever, they can distribute them amongst all of us freely.

No offense, but I think you yourself need to learn how sentences and syntax work before you speak of not messing with things you don't understand.

And I wasn't aware someone posted the odin files for t mobile. As long as they're complete and work without issue, I will give them a try.

lol a "monetary purchase" for files regardless of where they are from or for what is asking if someone will buy them.

i was just trying to help you out by letting you know the rule on here as i have seen this happen in the past where users actually recieved an infraction

FannyPackMan

Sep 8, 2016
lol a "monetary purchase" for files regardless of where they are from or for what is asking if someone will buy them.

i was just trying to help you out by letting you know the rule on here as i have seen this happen in the past where users actually recieved an infraction

OK I appreciate your assistance and attempt to clarify the rules. And yes, I WAS asking if someone is willing to buy them. I wouldn't do this otherwise If I didn't need them. Nobody has to do this. I won't profit from this, other than me and many others having the complete odin files necessary to fully restore my device. It's anyone's decision if they want to buy those files or not. Eventually I myself will buy them if no one else does, or if no one can produce a working set of odin files, and distribute them to everyone.

Some one here posted earlier (I can't remember whom) a response to a comment made saying that they flashed a twrp t mobile backup to their device, but their baseband was missing. They posted a CP odin t-mobile file. I tried flashing this, but get an error; "SECURE CHECK FAIL: RADIO". I'm at a loss for what this means.

yurais

Feb 10, 2008
It means just that, because of security checks failing, radio cant be written.
another CP / Radio file should be used or is there a way to rite it via twrp?

FannyPackMan

Sep 8, 2016
they need to b signed and match checks on the phone and in odin

Is there a way to do this?

By the way, I also have the CP file for metro PCS as well. When I boot the phone into ODIN mode, it says that the product name is SM_G550T1 (Metro PCS), despite the fact that I flashed the phone using t mobile's twrp recovery file, and when I flash the metro pcs CP file, it actually passes in odin, but still won't fix the baseband issue.

Also, I was wondering that if I reflash the phone with metro pcs, and take it in to a metro pcs store, they could somehow fix the baseband issue? I doubt it though since they aren't my carrier.

Top Liked Posts