• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Looking for stock rom for Onn 8 surf gen 2 100011885

Search This thread

DarkUmbre

Jan 6, 2021
I'm currently dealing with a totally bricked tablet and have not been able to find any roms for the 100011885 onn 8 gen 2. Any help would be greatly appreciated

netninja2001

May 13, 2007
I dumped my images earlier today trying to root it. Just uploaded to my google drive for you if it helps. I tried patching magisk, but alas got in a boot loop. Luckily I had backed up boot.img so it was trivial to flash it back and get it to start again.
100011885 Images: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/17LtLtjKg4JJU9EJdIXPsyNjen0H-ilMX?usp=sharing
I was working on a rooting guide for these things (with more detail than the other threads have). The last thing I rooted was a Galaxy S3 back in the day, lol. It's been interesting catching up with all the new rooting things out there.

DarkUmbre

Jan 6, 2021
I dumped my images earlier today trying to root it. Just uploaded to my google drive for you if it helps. I tried patching magisk, but alas got in a boot loop. Luckily I had backed up boot.img so it was trivial to flash it back and get it to start again.
100011885 Images: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/17LtLtjKg4JJU9EJdIXPsyNjen0H-ilMX?usp=sharing
I was working on a rooting guide for these things (with more detail than the other threads have). The last thing I rooted was a Galaxy S3 back in the day, lol. It's been interesting catching up with all the new rooting things out there.
Thank you very much! I'm very thankful for your help! When I get time I'm going to try this out and see what happens! :giggle:

RyuRaiko

Feb 10, 2021
Thank you so much for hosting these images, I accidentally soft bricked my onn. tablet by flashing a bad twrp image, and using the stock recovery image you have hosted I was able to restore it to full functionality.

Ankylo'sburner

Mar 13, 2021
Absolute lifesaver, I restored my recovery and boot.img with your dumps, however.. the file you uploaded to Google drive containing the rest of the system images doesn't have a file extension, and I don't exactly know what I'm supposed to do in order to access them. Changing the extension to .zip, .img, .iso, ect, opens in 7zip and shows the different images, however when I try to extract it, 7zip throws errors about unexpected endings of files.

Question is, how do I actually use the "ROM" file you've uploaded?

Thanks so much!!
-layla

appleknight

Absolute lifesaver, I restored my recovery and boot.img with your dumps, however.. the file you uploaded to Google drive containing the rest of the system images doesn't have a file extension, and I don't exactly know what I'm supposed to do in order to access them. Changing the extension to .zip, .img, .iso, ect, opens in 7zip and shows the different images, however when I try to extract it, 7zip throws errors about unexpected endings of files.

Question is, how do I actually use the "ROM" file you've uploaded?

Thanks so much!!
-layla
i need this as well

Valiante

Jul 7, 2013

Did you manage to figure out the root situation with these?

Top Liked Posts