Looking to buy a headunit

Ghsucre

Feb 23, 2021
Hi
I'm looking into buying an android head unit for the first time :)
My main option is to buy from Aliexpress, so i looked for options there and I would love some recommendations.

I don't have many requirements, i think that I can assemble it myself, but a few things I care about:
1. Waze, Spotify, Google Maps, and general android apps (I know every android head unit supports it, that's why I want one :) )
2. phone calls quality (road noise reduction and clear voice capture)
3. radio reception. my car currently has a head unit by jvc and the reception isn't great.

The main unit that caught my eye is TEYES CC3 (new unit to my understanding), it seems good but a bit pricey than others.
Another unit that have high sals is Junsun V1 pro, but I saw some bad reviews here.
other models i've seen are: Youmecity TS10, Aycenty PX6, AutoTop PX5, and LEHX (no model name)

I would love to hear recommendations / warnings / heads up
thank you!

EDIT: I don't have external amplifiers or subwoofer, just the regular OEM speaker array.

Last edited:

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
wombleton
Hi
I'm looking into buying an android head unit for the first time :)
My main option is to buy from Aliexpress, so i looked for options there and I would love some recommendations.

I don't have many requirements, i think that I can assemble it myself, but a few things I care about:
1. Waze, Spotify, Google Maps, and general android apps (I know every android head unit supports it, that's why I want one :) )
2. phone calls quality (road noise reduction and clear voice capture)
3. radio reception. my car currently has a head unit by jvc and the reception isn't great.

The main unit that caught my eye is TEYES CC3 (new unit to my understanding), it seems good but a bit pricey than others.
Another unit that have high sals is Junsun V1 pro, but I saw some bad reviews here.
other models i've seen are: Youmecity TS10, Aycenty PX6, AutoTop PX5, and LEHX (no model name)

I would love to hear recommendations / warnings / heads up
thank you!
Suggest avoid all of the obscure types and look to an MTCD/E type, Dasaita sell these.

If you're not comfortable with quirks and bugs, problems, avoid these completely and look for a suitable genuine/branded Android Auto unit. You won't find Android Auto on on Aliexpress however - regardless of the wild claims.

Ghsucre

Feb 23, 2021
Suggest avoid all of the obscure types and look to an MTCD/E type, Dasaita sell these.

If you're not comfortable with quirks and bugs, problems, avoid these completely and look for a suitable genuine/branded Android Auto unit. You won't find Android Auto on on Aliexpress however - regardless of the wild claims.
I'm not afraid of bugs and quirks, i'm pretty capable of researching for solutions, but that means that I need a "popular" model, so I could find help within communities like this.

I will read more about what you suggested. to my understanding the TEYES ones aren't in this category, is that right?
what do you think of them anyway?
from the little I have read it seems to me that they are developing their own firmware, rom, and apps to work with these units, so I would like to think that they are doing a good job (are they?). furthermore I saw that they are releasing updates from time to time to fix bugs.

I'm not looking for a lot of customizability or frequent updates, after the installation and hopefully short debugging my intention is to enjoy it for several years without changes.

thank you very much!