• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Looking to buy a headunit

Search This thread

Ghsucre

Feb 23, 2021
Hi
I'm looking into buying an android head unit for the first time :)
My main option is to buy from Aliexpress, so i looked for options there and I would love some recommendations.

I don't have many requirements, i think that I can assemble it myself, but a few things I care about:
1. Waze, Spotify, Google Maps, and general android apps (I know every android head unit supports it, that's why I want one :) )
2. phone calls quality (road noise reduction and clear voice capture)
3. radio reception. my car currently has a head unit by jvc and the reception isn't great.

The main unit that caught my eye is TEYES CC3 (new unit to my understanding), it seems good but a bit pricey than others.
Another unit that have high sals is Junsun V1 pro, but I saw some bad reviews here.
other models i've seen are: Youmecity TS10, Aycenty PX6, AutoTop PX5, and LEHX (no model name)

I would love to hear recommendations / warnings / heads up
thank you!

EDIT: I don't have external amplifiers or subwoofer, just the regular OEM speaker array.

Last edited:

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
wombleton
Hi
I'm looking into buying an android head unit for the first time :)
My main option is to buy from Aliexpress, so i looked for options there and I would love some recommendations.

I don't have many requirements, i think that I can assemble it myself, but a few things I care about:
1. Waze, Spotify, Google Maps, and general android apps (I know every android head unit supports it, that's why I want one :) )
2. phone calls quality (road noise reduction and clear voice capture)
3. radio reception. my car currently has a head unit by jvc and the reception isn't great.

The main unit that caught my eye is TEYES CC3 (new unit to my understanding), it seems good but a bit pricey than others.
Another unit that have high sals is Junsun V1 pro, but I saw some bad reviews here.
other models i've seen are: Youmecity TS10, Aycenty PX6, AutoTop PX5, and LEHX (no model name)

I would love to hear recommendations / warnings / heads up
thank you!

Suggest avoid all of the obscure types and look to an MTCD/E type, Dasaita sell these.

If you're not comfortable with quirks and bugs, problems, avoid these completely and look for a suitable genuine/branded Android Auto unit. You won't find Android Auto on on Aliexpress however - regardless of the wild claims.

Ghsucre

Feb 23, 2021
Suggest avoid all of the obscure types and look to an MTCD/E type, Dasaita sell these.

If you're not comfortable with quirks and bugs, problems, avoid these completely and look for a suitable genuine/branded Android Auto unit. You won't find Android Auto on on Aliexpress however - regardless of the wild claims.

I'm not afraid of bugs and quirks, i'm pretty capable of researching for solutions, but that means that I need a "popular" model, so I could find help within communities like this.

I will read more about what you suggested. to my understanding the TEYES ones aren't in this category, is that right?
what do you think of them anyway?
from the little I have read it seems to me that they are developing their own firmware, rom, and apps to work with these units, so I would like to think that they are doing a good job (are they?). furthermore I saw that they are releasing updates from time to time to fix bugs.

I'm not looking for a lot of customizability or frequent updates, after the installation and hopefully short debugging my intention is to enjoy it for several years without changes.

thank you very much!

Ghsucre

Feb 23, 2021
Hi !
I ended up buying:
I didn't want to wait for PX6, and didn't see much choices for PX5.
Initially my favorite was the TEYES, but my gf rolled it out (based on aesthetics and higher price)
My next choice was PX6 but I didn't find a good seller.
the product I ended up buying was from "Youmecity Car Multimedia Store", the seller was very nice and responsive, and has a lot of good reviews.
downsides for my unit: it isn't much configurable, the internal mic isn't working (and you can't connect external one), I didn't find (although I didn't spend a lot of time searching) different roms.
Overall I'm pleased with my unit (except the mic), its very responsive and works well, worked out-of-the-box, no cable soldering. even compatible with the rear cam I have installed.
Note - don't buy the OBD from them, it's huge, and it uses WiFi (can't connect in the same time with phone hotspot).
Note 2 - If you buy from his, ask for the new software version, they update it once in a few months.
If you have more questions feel free to ask here