Looking to buy Moto Z Play. PLease help out with some queries.

Search This thread
i am shocked many people say it doesn't support wireless display/mirroring/miracast . Is it true ?! And is it a good buy after htc one m8 gold (with the jbl mod) in performance/multitasking ?!

It doesnt support Miracast. as far as performance goes, most have given it rave reviews except the average camera. Never used HTC phones due to their pathetic batteries, so cannot comment on that. However as advised, you can use the allcast app and pay for it, if you are going to use it for mirroring on a smart TV regularly.

turkobr

Dec 30, 2011
It doesnt support Miracast. as far as performance goes, most have given it rave reviews except the average camera. Never used HTC phones due to their pathetic batteries, so cannot comment on that. However as advised, you can use the allcast app and pay for it, if you are going to use it for mirroring on a smart TV regularly.
You can make miracast work if you root your phone. Just posted a how-to on the miracast thread.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was having the same debate - moto z play vs OP3T. I don't game at all, so the battery life + expandable storage trumps the top end performance and slightly better camera for me. Don't have it yet, but ordered a Z play yesterday. I'm seeing some pretty impressive battery numbers reported on the OP3T as well, so it's no slouch - solid for one day of heavy use

Dev support seems to be at about the same level on both devices at the moment, though if I had to guess, the OP3T will probably win out there in the end - only because in my experience most devs tend to purchase devices with higher end specs.
    I've never been a big gamer but in normal everyday use the Z play is faster and smoother than my past few nexus phones. After using the phone for a few weeks the last thing I'm worried about is performance. Dropping it before I get a case is my biggest concern. Get a case or a bumper for this one
    I would say go for the Z Play. I have had mine for over a month and it has truly impressed me. I have thought about exchanging for the regular Z but it's insane battery is not worth the extra performance I won't notice. The thing that impressed me most was even though I use it for intense games I have never noticed it struggle. It's mainly because the Z is such a well optimized phone. I think you will be very happy with your purchase.
    Best regards
    Good day bros.

I was asking the exact same question for the past week. Got rid of my Mi 5 due to its inability to make the NFC transit card work. Non-gamer mostly social media, surfing on my phone use. Was tempted by the great 'bang for the buck' offered by 3T, but I got the Z play in the end because, among other things, the one and only oneplus service centre in my country has closed down.

Not regretting it. No need to root, etc, everything NFC transport sim, fingerprint login with bank apps, Android Pay, it all just works. No hardcore gaming but regular apps work. No annoying china brand UI to deal with.

Oh and the battery life. Insane. I didn't even bring my USB-C wire to the office :)
    Tried the Moto G Plus and returned it due to inadequate performance and ghost touch. Tried the Pixel XL but returned it because overpriced and not perfect. Tried the Moto Z Play and love it. Surprisingly haven't noticed any performance issues aside from the mediocre camera. The UI is very snappy. However the battery will change your life.