Looking to bypass t-mobile hotspot throttling

Search This thread

Sporos

Jan 6, 2020
My device is an HD1907 T-mobile variant, running global firmware with magisk root and bluspark kernel on OxygenOS. Tethering is my only way of getting my laptop connected while at work, and on my old razer phone I got around this issue with settings put global tether_dun_required 0 in ADB. This doesn't seem to work on the OP7T, Even after setting the TTL on my laptop to 65.

I tried the command adb settings put global tether_dun_apn tethering,fast.t-mobile.com,,,,,,,,,310,260,,dun as described in another post, and now my hotspot isn't working (nbd, I'll just keep using PDAnet for now.)

Does anybody have more information on how this all works in android 10 and how we could get around T-mobile's artificially imposed, unusable tethering speeds? PDAnet works good for me however some of the linux apps I use don't work behind a proxy and I'd like to use the built in hotspot.

Also, could somebody ADB to their phone and enter: settings get global tether_dun_apn and give me the output so I can set mine back to default? (should've done it first myself, I know.) Any help or information is appreciated, thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: L2_n19h7m4r3

yaaria

Aug 2, 2017
attached the result from my device.

my device is OP7T, GLOBAL, not locked for tethering.

Attachments

• af6b7ffb-ab2a-4955-bde7-e3e87e9bfb2b.jpg
    af6b7ffb-ab2a-4955-bde7-e3e87e9bfb2b.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 751
Reactions: Sporos

ecompton59

Jan 9, 2015
Lexington,sc
OnePlus 8T
trying to find a away to mod product apn files new to phone so ill keep trying if someone finds a way to write to system dont know maybe super.img also ill fix a way and that setting tether dun 0 dont work as good terminal settings put net.tethering.noprovisioning=true idk if it works but a better option for now

Last edited:

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN
trying to find a away to mod product apn files new to phone so ill keep trying if someone finds a way to write to system dont know maybe super.img also ill fix a way and that setting tether dun 0 dont work as good terminal settings put net.tethering.noprovisioning=true idk if it works but a better option for now

System-less as a magisk module isn't holding?

ecompton59

Jan 9, 2015
Lexington,sc
OnePlus 8T
i fixed it thought it wasn't that hard testing had to do different then i did the 7 pro but it sticks. but that enable_dun global wont work past Android 8. its also in system table and usb is secure table if you want global try net.tethering.noprovisioning 0 may help once i test ill post apn is<apn carrier="T-Mobile Tethering" apn="pcweb.tmobile.com" is apn information

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200329-234735.jpg
    Screenshot_20200329-234735.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:

GuyInDogSuit

Jan 4, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Connected Home
OnePlus 7T
i fixed it thought it wasn't that hard testing had to do different then i did the 7 pro but it sticks. but that enable_dun global wont work past Android 8. its also in system table and usb is secure table if you want global try net.tethering.noprovisioning 0 may help once i test ill post apn is<apn carrier="T-Mobile Tethering" apn="pcweb.tmobile.com" is apn information

What

ecompton59

Jan 9, 2015
Lexington,sc
OnePlus 8T
My device is an HD1907 T-mobile variant, running global firmware with magisk root and bluspark kernel on OxygenOS. Tethering is my only way of getting my laptop connected while at work, and on my old razer phone I got around this issue with settings put global tether_dun_required 0 in ADB. This doesn't seem to work on the OP7T, Even after setting the TTL on my laptop to 65.

I tried the command adb settings put global tether_dun_apn tethering,fast.t-mobile.com,,,,,,,,,310,260,,dun as described in another post, and now my hotspot isn't working (nbd, I'll just keep using PDAnet for now.)

Does anybody have more information on how this all works in android 10 and how we could get around T-mobile's artificially imposed, unusable tethering speeds? PDAnet works good for me however some of the linux apps I use don't work behind a proxy and I'd like to use the built in hotspot.

Also, could somebody ADB to their phone and enter: settings get global tether_dun_apn and give me the output so I can set mine back to default? (should've done it first myself, I know.) Any help or information is appreciated, thank you.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-7t/how-to/easy-tether-fix-magisk-mod-t4075639 theres the fix i put it up working great

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

attached the result from my device.

my device is OP7T, GLOBAL, not locked for tethering.
    From the OnePlus 7 Pro forum: https://forum.xda-developers.com/on...aight-talk-t4035813/post81503219#post81503219

Only thing stopping us is mounting as rw
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone