Looking to Root my Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G950F safely

Search This thread

4ramsayc

May 23, 2022
I am looking to root my Samsung Galaxy S8 so I can access deleted camera and video files accidentally deleted. Was looking to restore via EaseUS Mobile Recovery software and it calls for the phone to be rooted first.

Any helps on best method is much appreciated.

Thanks.

PhotonIce

Jan 23, 2022
If you want to root without unlocking the bootloader then you can try using KingoRoot's (not to be confused with KingRoot) one-click root app.
It's the simplest way and doesn't onvolve any major risks (other than those of rooting of course). If it can't root your device then it won't try, so there is no risk of bricking your device by rooting via its app. You can also remove root easily using it.

4ramsayc

May 23, 2022
I tried KingoRoot initially first the app version and it states if that doesn't work to try the PC version, however I cannot find a download for the PC version anywhere. It seems even on KingoRoot's website the download for Windows has been removed and the download page says for information purposes only.

If you know of another place I can get the download for KingoRoot?

PhotonIce

Jan 23, 2022
I wouldn't recommend the pc app. It's probably better if you do it yourself via magisk and twrp.

LR7875

Jun 25, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad
Wait you can't root without unlock bootloader, which in the process, will wipe your phone clean, so it kind of defeats the purpose.
Kingoroot and those stiff doesn't work since Android 6 (those are tech one thousand years ago)

PhotonIce

Jan 23, 2022
I am looking to root my Samsung Galaxy S8 so I can access deleted camera and video files accidentally deleted. Was looking to restore via EaseUS Mobile Recovery software and it calls for the phone to be rooted first.

Any helps on best method is much appreciated.

Thanks.
There are apps which can get deleted photos back without root. Also if deleted with google photos then you can get them back from the bin. If you're data is being backed up to any cloud storage service then you can most likely get it back from the bin.