Looks like I'm the first moron to get their S-pen stuck. Yay.

Search This thread

sourabh.note

Aug 19, 2016
Pune
This sucks. I hope it is just yours (sorry, I'm not sorry) and not a wide spread issue. One way to avoid this issue is to click the top of the spen before inserting it into the device. I know you shouldn't have to, but its just a suggestion.

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

wut? I use it all the time. Its better than your finger for almost anything. I find it more comfortable than my finger, even when swiping.

I haven't had a Note since my N3. Have the capacitive buttons always been responsive to the SPen or is this new? I dont think my N2 or N3 were.
The capacitive buttons are responsive to the Spen since Note 4.

n_boy86

Jul 9, 2009
haha , i just say haha, cause it´s only stupidity to even test to put in something backwards i dont know why even try, i´m sure im not alone, to asking why. I would never try anyway :=) people suit them self if the phone or s pen is broken, when do something like this. think about the warranty if the rubber sealing is brooken no warranty. :/

Medtactics

Aug 27, 2016
Seem to have fixed mine after it sticked a couple times. I applied pressure sideways to the button at various angles and exercised the clicker for a few minutes to simulate a week's worth of heavy use. I think there is a plastic burr, from the molding process, catching the clicker/button at a specific angle of pressure or when pushed in rather hard.

sonhy

Apr 23, 2006
mine has a spring issue, maybe after being under water for hours, and having inox and wd40 sprayed in it.
its a shame all the good working s pens from returned unit might get dumped into the samy bin... has anyone gone to a Samsung store and asked for a pen replacement only?
anyway this is what ive done as a work around... very thin fishing line and a few knots for grip to pull it out.

Attachments

• 20161013_165526.jpg
    20161013_165526.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 98
Reactions: bignibb

bignibb

Jul 14, 2010
mine has a spring issue, maybe after being under water for hours, and having inox and wd40 sprayed in it.
its a shame all the good working s pens from returned unit might get dumped into the samy bin... has anyone gone to a Samsung store and asked for a pen replacement only?
anyway this is what ive done as a work around... very thin fishing line and a few knots for grip to pull it out.
I went two Sprint stores, one was a corporate store and other was an authorized dealer and I went to Best Buy as well. The Best Buy said there was nothing they could do since it was physical damage not a manufacturing issue. The Authorized Dealer said basically the same thing, i asked did they have any recalled one that they were going to ship back that hadn't been boxed up yet, the sales rep comes back after a few minutes and hands me a black Spen i have a coral blue note 7 but a working Spen is a working Spen. I then went to the corporate store asked the same question and managed to wrangle a coral blue one so now i have two working one and a broken one that i took apart to see what the issue was to which i couldn't........lol

Sent from my SM-N930P using XDA-Developers mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Note to everyone,

that was the worst pun I've seen on XDA in a while :D
    No idea what happened. I just slid my s-pen into the body, no problem, but the cap didn't click back out past the o-ring to be flush with the body. It now sits in the body just past the o-ring/seal and will not come out. No idea WTF to do, but this is WAY worse of an issue than people putting the pen in backward on the 5. This wasn't avoidable. Pushing it in further, there's no feedback click and there's not enough force in the spring action to move it back out past the o-ring/seal. Not fun. Kinda pissed.

Any idea on how to coax it back out without scratching or gouging the finish anywhere?

*Update*
    Using a thumbtack I very carefully poked the seal all the way around with the side of the point and was able to lightly pry it in a corner to get the end of the pen past the seal. Everything is fine now. Everything still works.

Note to everyone, it takes almost no pressure at all to get the pen seated properly, if you push it in too far (because you have fat fingers and you can't tell how far you're going past your case, like me) it can get stuck on the seal. Lightly press the pen back in and when it clicks, it's seated, stop pushing.
    One phone does not make an "issue." If it's an issue you'll by joined by others in short order. Until then your phone or S Pen has a singular defect. But thanks for queuing the OMG! crowd so this thread can grow needlessly to multiple pages like the RAM and glass scratching threads.

By worse of an issue I meant that putting then s-pen in backwards problem with the Note 5 was as simple as not putting the s-pen in backwards... That's a user error situation. If more people start having the same issue as I had with the Note 7, during normal use, that's an absolutely true statement for me to have made. And 3 people have apparently had the same thing happen to them thus-far. Maybe it's not something that will effect everyone. Just sharing my personal experience.

I apologize if it seemed I was aiming at stirring things up, as tone isn't something one can convey well using text. That was not my intent. I just suspected that this might be something we see start popping up a bit in the forum. For $850+ USD it's not something I expected to happen and my initial shock may have weighted my words/tone incorrectly.
    No idea WTF to do, but this is WAY worse of an issue than people putting the pen in backward on the 5.

One phone does not make an "issue." If it's an issue you'll by joined by others in short order. Until then your phone or S Pen has a singular defect. But thanks for queuing the OMG! crowd so this thread can grow needlessly to multiple pages like the RAM and glass scratching threads.
    too be honest people hardly use the s pen

Speak for yourself... Most people I know bought the note specifically for the S-pen... Once they started using it it became second nature.
    Just because you don't use it much does not a mean others don't...
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone