Looks like we're getting Android Lollipop after all

Search This thread

daniel06gt

Jul 20, 2010
Miami, FL
Yes this is great news. I'm very happy with my tablet. no need to ditch it, and with Lollipop i'm sure it'll run that much smoother.

FletchF

Aug 15, 2010
I wonder if we'll get a preview tomorrow, or just the final release when it comes out.

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
Awesome. I still may upgrade to the nexus 9 but for now I'll stick with this. I'm not sure whether I want the nexus 9 or z3 tablet compact yet. I'll probably keep this with android L until around December when both have been out for a while and reviewed well.

And maybe if android L is built really well it can give this tablet a complete refresh and just hang on to it without an upgrade for even longer. The specs are still holding up since this was pretty amazing at release

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Free mobile app

knoxploration

Apr 23, 2011
Here's hoping this isn't screwed up as badly as the last update (which has caused major problems for many, many people with not a word of response from Google to the bug reports), and isn't crippled with disabled features like previous updates.

I'm not holding my breath, though. After months of my tablet being barely usable due to continuous random reboots, app crashes and lag (sometimes multiple seconds to respond to a simple keypress or other screen touch), I'm just about over it.

fillyo

Aug 18, 2010
Here's hoping this isn't screwed up as badly as the last update (which has caused major problems for many, many people with not a word of response from Google to the bug reports), and isn't crippled with disabled features like previous updates.

I'm not holding my breath, though. After months of my tablet being barely usable due to continuous random reboots, app crashes and lag (sometimes multiple seconds to respond to a simple keypress or other screen touch), I'm just about over it.
I bought one for my daughter for Christmas last year, been running ThunderKat, it has been rock solid, so smooth and fast. It's night and day in regards to speed compared with the other cheaper tablets in our house. Lillipop should make it even better.

vpraveenis

Jun 25, 2010
the N10 is still a very good tablet with a beautiful screen. I have latest L preview on my Nexus 5 and if it is any indication, it is going to run absolutely smoothly on Nexus 10. I feel its now good for another year or maybe even more!!!

knoxploration

Apr 23, 2011
I bought one for my daughter for Christmas last year, been running ThunderKat, it has been rock solid, so smooth and fast. It's night and day in regards to speed compared with the other cheaper tablets in our house. Lillipop should make it even better.

Thanks for the tip. Shame that you have to rely on third-party devs to provide a stable ROM though -- Google's own work should be the most rock-solid available, but for the Nexus 10 it's not even close.

BackDaws

Oct 19, 2011
England
KitKat killed this tablet for me, im hoping that Lollipop will sort out the horrible battery drain and slow game performance, games ive played perfect on Jellybean became laggy and unplayable on kitkat and still are now :(

i suppose i should of tried a 3rd party rom.

Top Liked Posts