• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Loosing batery @ 1%.H when powered down

Search This thread

observingi

Mar 19, 2011
My device is draining battery at almost 1%/h when it is powered down i.e. complete shutdown. Isn't that abnormal?
I went to the service center, but they are not ready to accept it is a defect!!
What should I do?
The model is SM G920I S6 Flat

sofir786

My device is draining battery at almost 1%/h when it is powered down i.e. complete shutdown. Isn't that abnormal?
I went to the service center, but they are not ready to accept it is a defect!!
What should I do?
The model is SM G920I S6 Flat
Sounds like the phone is not going into deepsleep, it could be an app you have installed which is causing this, if you are not sure which app try a factory reset in the 1st instance and see if you get the same issue

observingi

Mar 19, 2011
Sounds like the phone is not going into deepsleep, it could be an app you have installed which is causing this, if you are not sure which app try a factory reset in the 1st instance and see if you get the same issue
Thanks for your reply.
It's loosing charge @ 1% per hour when the phone is POWERED OFF. I am not talking about screen off.

observingi

Mar 19, 2011
Definitely a hardware or wiring problem.
Even I have the same opinion, but the service center is turning a deaf ear :mad:
In fact they are clueless and are not able to comprehend the matter. They are constantly assessing the device as in ON state and throwing baseless arguments.:mad:

Yuge

Jul 1, 2012
So if you are at 100% and you leave the phone off for 20 hours it will be 80% when you turn it on again? Thats stuffed for sure. Probably a current leak or bad battery.

observingi

Mar 19, 2011
Samsung agreed to accept the phone for repairs.
They changed the motherboard, battery and the display too.
The battery performance is top notch now.