LOS 15.1 INFO

Search This thread

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
  • Feb 3, 2010
    Paris
    Hi,

I'll keep this thread for future reference about Android Oreo 8.1

LineageOS 15.1 running on my Huawei P9 Lite ( VNS-L31 )

I'll keep update the second post with working list/features !

Screenshots:

Screenshot-20210409-223707-Settings.png

Screenshot-20210409-225347-DRM-Info.png

Screenshot-20210409-225356-DRM-Info.png

Screenshot-20210409-225315-CPU-Z.png

Screenshot-20210409-225305-CPU-Z.png

Screenshot-20210409-225254-CPU-Z.png

Last edited:

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
  • Feb 3, 2010
    Paris
    LOS 15.1 for VENUS devices ( Huawei P9 Lite )

Currently working :
    • touchscreen
    • audio & headphones
    • video & screen recorder
    • sensors
    • lights & notification light
    • adb/usb/mtp
    • internal/external storage
    • hardware video decoder ( including 60fps on YouTube )
    • hardware composer ( means that there is no issue regarding graphics , it's running as smooth as on stock EMUI firmware )
    • Wi-Fi
    • GPS
    • Dual SIM with LTE data connectivity
    • DRM enabled - only L3 level
    • NFC ( thanks to A2L5E0X1 )
    • Fingerprint
    • BT
    • Offline charging

Not Working Yet :
    • USB-OTG
    • USB tethering
    • Camera & Flash

Will not be Fixed :
    • Selinux security - permissive
    • Encryption device
    • FM Radio

Last edited:

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
  • Feb 3, 2010
    Paris
    Hello, looks interesting! I wanted to ask if the sources are public or not.
    Thanks !
    The kernel source will be public of course ... the rest of the source is my property, and I'll see in the future if it will be or not published !

Anyway I created my source from scratch having nothing in common with the previous developers ... as you can see there is no custom ROM with hwcomposer enabled !

But why are you interested in the source, are you a developer ? Thanks !

A2L5E0X1

Oct 25, 2020
    Thanks !
    The kernel source will be public of course ... the rest of the source is my property, and I'll see in the future if it will be or not published !

Anyway I created my source from scratch having nothing in common with the previous developers ... as you can see there is no custom ROM with hwcomposer enabled !

But why are you interested in the source, are you a developer ? Thanks !
    Well i recently started a scratch tree for venus too, but its incomplete. I was interested on what sources your rom is based. If you need help with something i could look at it and try to help.

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
  • Feb 3, 2010
    Paris
    Well i recently started a scratch tree for venus too, but its incomplete. I was interested on what sources your rom is based. If you need help with something i could look at it and try to help.
    Thanks !

At this time I use a source ( device tree & vendor blobs ) based on my own implementation !

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
  • Feb 3, 2010
    Paris
    So far in the short time. Impressive! I'm already looking forward to the first public rom. Gladly also to test.
    Sure, don't worry ... I'll need some beta testers before first Beta Release of LOS 15.1 !

Please, stay tuned and follow this thread ... it takes some time until I choose a few who want to test the new custom ROM !

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
  • Feb 3, 2010
    Paris
    Hi !

Today I made a new TWRP 3.2.3-0 needed for LOS 15.1 - It not has decrypt data support because LOS 15.1 will not enabled such things , instead I fixed CPU temperature patch & also LED is enabled while USB connected !

This new TWRP is supposed to be used ONLY with LineageOS 15.1 Android Oreo 8.1 !

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
  • Feb 3, 2010
    Paris
    Nice! Looking forward for BT compatibility. Did someone test it with VNS-L23 devices?

Thanks for the work!
    Please, can you send me via PM these two INFO from your device ?

adb shell cat proc/cmdline > cmdline_L23.txt

and also

adb shell getprop > getprop_L23.txt

You must be on EMUI 5.x Android Nougat with root enabled !

If previously commands not working , please try in this way :

adb shell
    su
    cat proc/cmdline > data/local/tmp/cmdline_L23.txt
    getprop > data/local/tmp/getprop_L23.txt
    exit
    exit
    adb pull data/local/tmp

And upload somewhere in order to send me the link via PM ! Thanks !

A2L5E0X1

Oct 25, 2020
    Hello again. Talking about nfc, i recently fixed it on my own trees. Feel free to pick my commits:

Reactions: surdu_petru

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
  • Feb 3, 2010
    Paris
    Hello again. Talking about nfc, i recently fixed it on my own trees. Feel free to pick my commits:

Thanks !

Do you know something about Bluetooth ? I didn't managed to enable it ... even if I already checked logcat & dmesg .... nothing really specifically about bluetooth !

Also you can cherry-pick the fix on TWRP for CPU temperature ... from here for your officially TWRP !

EDIT :

I guess we need also :

on init
    # NXP HAL expects /dev/nq-nci
    symlink /dev/pn544 /dev/nq-nci

on post-fs-data
    mkdir /data/nfc 0755 nfc nfc
    mkdir /data/vendor/nfc 0777 nfc nfc
    mkdir /data/vendor/nfc/param 0777 nfc nfc

EDIT II:

Enabled , Thanks ! -

Screenshot-20210413-214433-Settings.png

( unfortunately it still doesn't work, but I think it's pretty easy to fix ) - tomorrow if I have a little more free time I'll try to fix this !

Screenshot-20210413-220216-Gallery.png

Last edited:

A2L5E0X1

Oct 25, 2020
    Thanks !

Do you know something about Bluetooth ? I didn't managed to enable it ... even if I already checked logcat & dmesg .... nothing really specifically about bluetooth !

Also you can cherry-pick the fix on TWRP for CPU temperature ... from here for your officially TWRP !

EDIT :

I guess we need also :

EDIT II:

Enabled , Thanks ! -

Screenshot-20210413-214433-Settings.png

( unfortunately it still doesn't work, but I think it's pretty easy to fix ) - tomorrow if I have a little more free time I'll try to fix this !

Screenshot-20210413-220216-Gallery.png
    Np.

No idea about bt.. Only thing i fixed is the BT crash by building the bcm hal and adding the bt_vendor config but here it fails loading the hci_module. About nfc you dont need the nq-nfc symlink because its already correct in the nfc config. And my device detects my nfc tag without problems. I can even write it..
    Oh and thanks for the twrp fix!

apex39

Jul 13, 2014
    Great news, I am really looking forward to installing it on my VNS-L21 with EMUI 5.0.4 and Android 7.0, as more and more apps stop supporting Android 7.0

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
  • Feb 3, 2010
    Paris
    Np.

No idea about bt.. Only thing i fixed is the BT crash by building the bcm hal and adding the bt_vendor config but here it fails loading the hci_module. About nfc you dont need the nq-nfc symlink because its already correct in the nfc config. And my device detects my nfc tag without problems. I can even write it..
    Oh and thanks for the twrp fix!
    Glad to hear that it's working well on your device. I guess that I did something wrong on my build, I'll check today later, thanks !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Hi !

For moment I have finished updating the kernel part with what I set out to do, so the LOS 15.1 will running on the new upgrade kernel version 4.4.130 !

Bluetooth was also fixed ... unfortunately it doesn't work very well, so there is some more work to do.

I hope to release a first beta test in a week or so ...

Regards,

Screenshot-20210425-180826-Settings.png

Screenshot-20210425-181327-Settings.png
      Fingerprint Fixed !

I just managed to fix the fingerprint ( it will working only to unlock your device and there will be no gesture functions like on stock EMUI ) .

Screenshot-20210415-091659-Settings.png

EDIT:

As soon as I'll fix Bluetooth there will be out the first BETA release of LOS 15.1
      Hi !

Today I made a new TWRP 3.2.3-0 needed for LOS 15.1 - It not has decrypt data support because LOS 15.1 will not enabled such things , instead I fixed CPU temperature patch & also LED is enabled while USB connected !

This new TWRP is supposed to be used ONLY with LineageOS 15.1 Android Oreo 8.1 !
      Hello !

Let me keep you updated with my work here ... at the moment I'm focusing exclusively on the kernel update and I have successfully reached version 4.4.17 !

Screenshot-20210424-164539-Settings.png

My device ( Huawei P9 Lite VNS-L31 ) is the first device in the world which running on the new Kernel 4.4.0 !

By installing LOS 15.1 your device will become a new device with a new updated kernel and a new operating system updated to the last security patch - which Huawei unfortunately refused to do to them !

Screenshot-20210418-162206-Settings.png
      Hi !

For moment I have finished updating the kernel part with what I set out to do, so the LOS 15.1 will running on the new upgrade kernel version 4.4.130 !

Bluetooth was also fixed ... unfortunately it doesn't work very well, so there is some more work to do.

I hope to release a first beta test in a week or so ...

Regards,

Screenshot-20210425-180826-Settings.png

Screenshot-20210425-181327-Settings.png
      Fingerprint Fixed !

I just managed to fix the fingerprint ( it will working only to unlock your device and there will be no gesture functions like on stock EMUI ) .

Screenshot-20210415-091659-Settings.png

EDIT:

As soon as I'll fix Bluetooth there will be out the first BETA release of LOS 15.1
      Hi !

Hi,

I'll keep this thread for future reference about Android Oreo 8.1

LineageOS 15.1 running on my Huawei P9 Lite ( VNS-L31 )

I'll keep update the second post with working list/features !

Screenshots:

Screenshot-20210409-223707-Settings.png

Screenshot-20210409-225347-DRM-Info.png

Screenshot-20210409-225356-DRM-Info.png

Screenshot-20210409-225315-CPU-Z.png

Screenshot-20210409-225305-CPU-Z.png

Screenshot-20210409-225254-CPU-Z.png
      Hello !

Let me keep you updated with my work here ... at the moment I'm focusing exclusively on the kernel update and I have successfully reached version 4.4.17 !

Screenshot-20210424-164539-Settings.png
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone