LOS 15.1 INFO

Search This thread

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
  • Feb 3, 2010
    Paris
    Hi !

All Users with Huawei P9 Lite Single SIM Must provide the necessary INFO if they want to use LineageOS 15.1 !

You must be on EMUI 5.x Android Nougat with root enabled !

adb shell
    su
    cat proc/cmdline > data/local/tmp/cmdline.txt
    cat sys/firmware/devicetree/base/hisi,product_name > data/local/tmp/product.txt
    getprop > data/local/tmp/getprop.txt
    exit
    exit
    adb pull data/local/tmp

Your cmdline.txt , product.txt & getprop.txt wil be pushed in the current working folder , please upload all three of these files somewhere in order to send me the link via PM ! Thanks !

Last edited:

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
  • Feb 3, 2010
    Paris
    I'm out of there. Have a dual sim L31
    Dual SIM VNS-L31 too .... don't worry, they will provide all necessary info as soon as they realised that the SIM it's not detected on LOS 15.1

BTW, I'll wait a few users with single SIM to provide some INFO before to release a first beta !

-Alf-

Sep 28, 2017
    Huawei P9
    Huawei P9 Lite
    Hi !

All Users with Huawei P9 Lite Single SIM Must provide the necessary INFO if they want to use LineageOS 15.1 !

You must be on EMUI 5.x Android Nougat with root enabled !

Your cmdline.txt , product.txt & getprop.txt wil be pushed in the current working folder , please upload all three of these files somewhere in order to send me the link via PM ! Thanks !
    Hi there, I have VNS-L21 SS, I tried it, but no luck :( .
    IMG_20210416_001946.jpg

maybe I'm doing something wrong, or is it due to laptop...

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
  • Feb 3, 2010
    Paris
    Hi there, I have VNS-L21 SS, I tried it, but no luck :( .
    View attachment 5280263

maybe I'm doing something wrong, or is it due to laptop...
    You need special permission to write on C, please copy the whole adb folder on other partition and try again. Also you can try to set permissions on your device :

adb shell
    su
    chmod 0644 data/local/tmp/*
    chown root.root data/local/tmp/*

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
  • Feb 3, 2010
    Paris
    I sent you PM with the files requested! My phone is a VNS-L23 and currently i'm using 2 sims. Thank you for the hard work!
    Thanks !

I'm still working on this Big Project ... there is a lot of work to be done, but I work hard within the free time available !

Unfortunately I can't give you an exact date when it will be ready, but certainly not earlier than May 1, 2021.

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
  • Feb 3, 2010
    Paris

My device ( Huawei P9 Lite VNS-L31 ) is the first device in the world which running on the new Kernel 4.4.0 !

By installing LOS 15.1 your device will become a new device with a new updated kernel and a new operating system updated to the last security patch - which Huawei unfortunately refused to do to them !

Screenshot-20210418-162206-Settings.png

DarkJoker360

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
    Oct 20, 2015
    Aradeo

My device ( Huawei P9 Lite VNS-L31 ) is the first device in the world which running on the new Kernel 4.4.0 !

By installing LOS 15.1 your device will become a new device with a new updated kernel and a new operating system updated to the last security patch - which Huawei unfortunately refused to do to them !

Nice job.
    Could you please share the kernel sources or some tips about it? Got curious and wanted to make something similar to my alice and prague.

Also how did you implement ril here? I don't think it is the same impl of alice, any explanations please? We got it almost fully working there. Thanks.

Ah also some tips.
    * Codename is venus and not vns
    * You can repopick from LineageOS gerrit latest security patches
    * Look at my github for ussd and mute in call fixes

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
  • Feb 3, 2010
    Paris
    Nice job.
    Could you please share the kernel sources or some tips about it? Got curious and wanted to make something similar to my alice and prague.

Also how did you implement ril here? I don't think it is the same impl of alice, any explanations please? We got it almost fully working there. Thanks.
    Don't worry, as soon as I finish the job on the kernel I'll upload the source with all historical commits - anyway the source code will be publicly for everyone - unfortunately it won't help you at all for P8 Lite & P8 .

There is nothing to do with in which way you implement/update RIL - on P8 Lite will not work properly due to modem partitions which it's too old - you need at least Nougat update of modem partitions ( I said this on the P8 Lite forum a long time ago, but I don't think you paid attention )

DarkJoker360

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
    Oct 20, 2015
    Aradeo
    @surdu_petru Yeah I saw but somehow now it's much more stable, rild crashing 1/10 to be correct.
    Also what about camera/sensors? What you did? I fixed sensors in alice but it's breaking camera.

Also on p8 lite 2017 it may help to get 4.9 since here we are at 4.4 from stock.

Thanks.

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
  • Feb 3, 2010
    Paris
    @surdu_petru Yeah I saw but somehow now it's much more stable, rild crashing 1/10 to be correct.
    Also what about camera/sensors? What you did? I fixed sensors in alice but it's breaking camera.

Also on p8 lite 2017 it may help to get 4.9 since here we are at 4.4 from stock.

Thanks.
    I started to update my kernel from this one !

You can search for a kernel based 4.9 and start updated for your P8 Lite 2017 !

EDIT :

Right now I'm on 4.4.6

Screenshot-20210418-224041-Settings.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Hi !

For moment I have finished updating the kernel part with what I set out to do, so the LOS 15.1 will running on the new upgrade kernel version 4.4.130 !

Bluetooth was also fixed ... unfortunately it doesn't work very well, so there is some more work to do.

I hope to release a first beta test in a week or so ...

Regards,

Screenshot-20210425-180826-Settings.png

Screenshot-20210425-181327-Settings.png
      Fingerprint Fixed !

I just managed to fix the fingerprint ( it will working only to unlock your device and there will be no gesture functions like on stock EMUI ) .

Screenshot-20210415-091659-Settings.png

EDIT:

As soon as I'll fix Bluetooth there will be out the first BETA release of LOS 15.1
      Hi !

Today I made a new TWRP 3.2.3-0 needed for LOS 15.1 - It not has decrypt data support because LOS 15.1 will not enabled such things , instead I fixed CPU temperature patch & also LED is enabled while USB connected !

This new TWRP is supposed to be used ONLY with LineageOS 15.1 Android Oreo 8.1 !
      Hello !

Let me keep you updated with my work here ... at the moment I'm focusing exclusively on the kernel update and I have successfully reached version 4.4.17 !

Screenshot-20210424-164539-Settings.png

Hi !

For moment I have finished updating the kernel part with what I set out to do, so the LOS 15.1 will running on the new upgrade kernel version 4.4.130 !

Bluetooth was also fixed ... unfortunately it doesn't work very well, so there is some more work to do.

I hope to release a first beta test in a week or so ...

Regards,

Screenshot-20210425-180826-Settings.png

Screenshot-20210425-181327-Settings.png
      Fingerprint Fixed !

I just managed to fix the fingerprint ( it will working only to unlock your device and there will be no gesture functions like on stock EMUI ) .

Screenshot-20210415-091659-Settings.png

EDIT:

As soon as I'll fix Bluetooth there will be out the first BETA release of LOS 15.1
      Hi !

Today I made a new TWRP 3.2.3-0 needed for LOS 15.1 - It not has decrypt data support because LOS 15.1 will not enabled such things , instead I fixed CPU temperature patch & also LED is enabled while USB connected !

This new TWRP is supposed to be used ONLY with LineageOS 15.1 Android Oreo 8.1 !
      Hi,

I'll keep this thread for future reference about Android Oreo 8.1

LineageOS 15.1 running on my Huawei P9 Lite ( VNS-L31 )

I'll keep update the second post with working list/features !

Screenshots:

Screenshot-20210409-223707-Settings.png

Screenshot-20210409-225347-DRM-Info.png

Screenshot-20210409-225356-DRM-Info.png

Screenshot-20210409-225315-CPU-Z.png

Screenshot-20210409-225305-CPU-Z.png

Screenshot-20210409-225254-CPU-Z.png
      Hello !

Let me keep you updated with my work here ... at the moment I'm focusing exclusively on the kernel update and I have successfully reached version 4.4.17 !

Screenshot-20210424-164539-Settings.png
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone