General LOS 19.1 sm8450-common in progress.Looking for contributers.

Search This thread

Ph0nysk1nk

Jul 28, 2016
me personally not willing to pay to edl bricks. OnePlus should at least give us the option to recover Edl bricks by ourselves for free like they used to do till 9 series.
No one should pay these scum. And sadly, your assuming OnePlus gives a crap about a small niche community. Majority of people don't care or know about these things.

Therefore they won't care either. Infact they are probably enjoying the complete control of this phone. Corporations are enjoying becoming just as walled of a garden as IOS. slowly but surely. It's sad.

Reactions: Prant

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
No one should pay these scum. And sadly, your assuming OnePlus gives a crap about a small niche community. Majority of people don't care or know about these things.

Therefore they won't care either. Infact they are probably enjoying the complete control of this phone. Corporations are enjoying becoming just as walled of a garden as IOS. slowly but surely. It's sad.
It's not a small niche community, I've said this many times.

Bare in mind how selling phones works.

1. A phone comes out.
2. People buy it and talk about it.
3. More people buy it by recommendations and buzz, but it all stems from the phones ability and how it's received.

Note: the 2nd point is where we are and and it's the most important! When we (XDA member's / techs) buy a phone, bare in mind we're the people who recommend phones, fix phones, promote phones we like and bash phones we don't, our families, friends, colleagues and well anybody we happen to talk to about tech take our influence and believe me that influence is massive, word of mouth especially when you have the internet at your fingertips means word travels very very quickly, far and wide.

Phone companies do know this, the ones that ignore this go the way of the dodo, think HTC and probably Huawei at some point (I hope)

I disagree with the notion that we don't matter, unfortunately a lot of phone companies tend to and seem to be ignorant to this point.

My only hope is that oppo sees this problem whilst this device remains a flagship and not after, this could be their HTC One X, if that's the case then yes we're screwed, if not and they see us (the techs) for what we really are and not just a little community with no influence or worth then things may turn around, the MSM tool is the only stumbling block in our way, if they truly believe that them holding all the cards is the way forward then again we're screwed but I think ultimately it's the last nail in the coffin for OnePlus.

rant over

Last edited:

metrixx02

May 27, 2013
Izmir
OnePlus 10 Pro
He is started again .very exciting

smd8450 branch

oneplus 10Pro device tree

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
He is started again .very exciting

smd8450 branch

oneplus 10Pro device tree
And Luk is making commits too..

Great news.

👍🏻

Edit: actually that's the 8350 (888)

Last edited:

S /\ E E D

Jun 8, 2014
Wow! Nice :)
Now the custom ROMs are the only hope for us.
Guys please support this topic on OnePlus community: (By like and positive comment)

Reactions: Prant and dladz

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
Wow! Nice :)
Now the custom ROMs are the only hope for us.
Guys please support this topic on OnePlus community: (By like and positive comment)
You need to create a change.org petition too.

marko94

Jul 28, 2012
Zagreb
OnePlus 10 Pro
To be clear, the things we would like are what?

1. All kernel sources to be released early on.

2. Developer phones to be provided to bring about custom ROM development.

3. The MSM tool to be released globally so that we ourselves can fix our own devices as well as the relevant firmwares to be provided.

Anything else??
Gcam support, aux camera unlock ?

Reactions: Nixeus2 and dladz

nguyenlucky

Jan 30, 2013
danang
It's not a small niche community, I've said this many times.

Bare in mind how selling phones works.

1. A phone comes out.
2. People buy it and talk about it.
3. More people buy it by recommendations and buzz, but it all stems from the phones ability and how it's received.

Note: the 2nd point is where we are and and it's the most important! When we (XDA member's / techs) buy a phone, bare in mind we're the people who recommend phones, fix phones, promote phones we like and bash phones we don't, our families, friends, colleagues and well anybody we happen to talk to about tech take our influence and believe me that influence is massive, word of mouth especially when you have the internet at your fingertips means word travels very very quickly, far and wide.

Phone companies do know this, the ones that ignore this go the way of the dodo, think HTC and probably Huawei at some point (I hope)

I disagree with the notion that we don't matter, unfortunately a lot of phone companies tend to and seem to be ignorant to this point.

My only hope is that oppo sees this problem whilst this device remains a flagship and not after, this could be their HTC One X, if that's the case then yes we're screwed, if not and they see us (the techs) for what we really are and not just a little community with no influence or worth then things may turn around, the MSM tool is the only stumbling block in our way, if they truly believe that them holding all the cards is the way forward then again we're screwed but I think ultimately it's the last nail in the coffin for OnePlus.

rant over
Oppo and Realme never release free MSM tools for ColorOS/RealmeUI.

With OxygenOS now a skin of ColorOS, instead of being seperate like OOS 11 and before, there's no hope for free MSM tools anymore.

Also they never upload any builds of Oxygen 11.3 and 12 (both ColorOS-based) on their website, which is exactly what Oppo and Realme are doing. Pure Oxygen builds (11 and before) can be found easily on the same website.

rant over :(

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
Oppo and Realme never release free MSM tools for ColorOS/RealmeUI.

With OxygenOS now a skin of ColorOS, instead of being seperate like OOS 11 and before, there's no hope for free MSM tools anymore.

Also they never upload any builds of Oxygen 11.3 and 12 (both ColorOS-based) on their website, which is exactly what Oppo and Realme are doing. Pure Oxygen builds (11 and before) can be found easily on the same website.

rant over :(
Well we're not using color OS buddy. So yes if they want to keep their customer base then they'll conform to the standard they've set..

End of story...as it stands. OnePlus /oppo won't ever get another penny from me again. I would say this safe to say that anybody on this forum who has a 10 will do the same thing for the 11 and so on.

nguyenlucky

Jan 30, 2013
danang
Well we're not using color OS buddy. So yes if they want to keep their customer base then they'll conform to the standard they've set..

End of story...as it stands. OnePlus /oppo won't ever get another penny from me again. I would say this safe to say that anybody on this forum who has a 10 will do the same thing for the 11 and so on.
Well, as of now OxygenOS is just a skin of ColorOS. So I guess they have to follow the policy of original ColorOS developer (Oppo) regarding the MSM thing.

Reactions: EugenStanis

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
Well, as of now OxygenOS is just a skin of ColorOS. So I guess they have to follow the policy of original ColorOS developer (Oppo) regarding the MSM thing.
Then they can have one of these 🖕🏻 and that's my final word towards oppo and OnePlus... Every now and then you buy and get a dud device, this is just one of them..

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts