General LOS 19.1 sm8450-common in progress.Looking for contributers.

Search This thread

kouzelnik3

Dec 29, 2011
Prague
jakubkasanda.g6.cz
OnePlus 10 Pro

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 10 Pro
Hello forum! Anyone with the skills have a chance to explore the newly released kernel OS13 sources? Sucks that I can't code + the fact this phone is still without any 3rd party support :(
It's being looked into by all accounts, I don't want to even guess at this point, I'm just hoping that it'll be good news...

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 10 Pro
Do we know any developers who are interested in this phone? Or are active in this forum?
Some have come and gone, there's a few guys who are interested but haven't been able to progress due to the MSM tool being absent and or the kernel sources being incomplete.

I'd like to think things will change with it being a OnePlus device but honestly I'm losing hope that it'll happen..

Maybe if the phone drops in price or there's some change of events that alters things..

It's a stellar device, it just needs a little commitment from a reputable dev, the sources released in full and a recovery method we can rely on..

Reactions: Drethis

Drethis

Dec 20, 2009
Toronto
Lenovo P11
OnePlus 10 Pro
Some have come and gone, there's a few guys who are interested but haven't been able to progress due to the MSM tool being absent and or the kernel sources being incomplete.

I'd like to think things will change with it being a OnePlus device but honestly I'm losing hope that it'll happen..

Maybe if the phone drops in price or there's some change of events that alters things..

It's a stellar device, it just needs a little commitment from a reputable dev, the sources released in full and a recovery method we can rely on..
Well, their current sale has probably moved a lot of units, especially with the trade in offer, so that might have helped in terms of popularity.

Not sure what can be done about the source code or recovery process though. 😕

emabertax

Dec 2, 2015
Cuneo IT
I don't think than kernel source is incomplete but compile kernels often give errors, we have only to wait a good dev than try compile a kernel for op10 pro

neelchauhan

Dec 25, 2016
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 6

One you could do is if you're in the US, do an attorney general or BBB complaint about incomplete kernel sources, and that OnePlus legally has to share the source via the GPL. In fact, we all should if we want development (I won't since I moved on from OnePlus).

In EU/India/Canada go to your respective consumer protection agency and put a complaint against OnePlus violating the GPL. I don't know how EU/India/Canada complaints work since I live in the US, but have Indian cousins (many with OP devices).

However, this won't work for the MSM since OnePlus has no obligation to share it. Your only hope is (a) use a third-party tool like this or (b) write to your legislators that right-to-repair laws should force all diagnostic and recovery tools be made public, including MSM.

Or trade in your OP10Pro/T for a Pixel 7/7 Pro where flashing stock can literally be done only using Chrome, or a Xiaomi/Nothing device.

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 10 Pro
One you could do is if you're in the US, do an attorney general or BBB complaint about incomplete kernel sources, and that OnePlus legally has to share the source via the GPL. In fact, we all should if we want development (I won't since I moved on from OnePlus).

In EU/India/Canada go to your respective consumer protection agency and put a complaint against OnePlus violating the GPL. I don't know how EU/India/Canada complaints work since I live in the US, but have Indian cousins (many with OP devices).

However, this won't work for the MSM since OnePlus has no obligation to share it. Your only hope is (a) use a third-party tool like this or (b) write to your legislators that right-to-repair laws should force all diagnostic and recovery tools be made public, including MSM.

Or trade in your OP10Pro/T for a Pixel 7/7 Pro where flashing stock can literally be done only using Chrome, or a Xiaomi/Nothing device.
It's cool man.. I've had duds in the past, you live and you learn... It's OnePlus who will pay ultimately..

codpiecejohn

Nov 28, 2022
I managed to compile the A13 kernel source after adjusting a few minor things in their source. I don't think the source tree is incomplete for the recently published branch (sm8450_t_13.0_10pro).

It does however bootloop when I try to repack and flash it on the phone.

If anyone has a tip on how to extract the failed bootlogs, I can probably debug my way to a booting kernel.
Problem is, the running (stock) kernel I have does not expose /proc/last_kmsg or /sys/fs/pstore/* for further debugging.

I haven't seen twrp for this device yet, I guess that would help too.

Top Liked Posts