• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

LOS on Sprint V405UA - Metadata?

Search This thread

FreeSoftwareServers

Mar 12, 2016
I have unlocked my bootloader, cross flashed to Android 9 and booted TWRP and flashed every LOS i could find in every order possible but thr closet I get is w LOS 18 it boots first time but fails after to reboot.

Has anyone got LOS to work on Sprint V40? The twrp thread mentions meta deta encryption and I have no idea what that means.

Can anyone tell me the order for getting LOS to boot from a fresh /full wipe?

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Google Pixel 3
I have unlocked my bootloader, cross flashed to Android 9 and booted TWRP and flashed every LOS i could find in every order possible but thr closet I get is w LOS 18 it boots first time but fails after to reboot.

Has anyone got LOS to work on Sprint V40? The twrp thread mentions meta deta encryption and I have no idea what that means.

Can anyone tell me the order for getting LOS to boot from a fresh /full wipe?

I haven't done a lot with LOS on V40, but there's a few things that are common. One, the newer versions of LOS (like 18), require Android 10 of the original firmware, not Android 9.

Sprint, unfortunately, never came out with A10. Which means you'd have to 'crossflash' to a kdz that is 10 based. Most in your case would use VZW, as their kdz is available.

Metadata encryption is new in LOS (newer versions) and needs twrp that is meta aware. So if you want to run later versions of LOS you need that version of twrp, the 'meta data' version.

cheers