LOS update -- new development

Erislover

Apr 7, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, FL
I am currently tethering over a 4g connection, and my internet is working fine, BUT I have a complete LOS for the cell signal. I think this could be a very important fact because we should be able to know some things by the fact that WiMax is working while the cell signal is altogether lost.

Hopefully, with this info, a solution is a little closer at hand.

ms79723

Jul 2, 2010
Ok...when people say LOS do they mean Loss Of Service? Or Loss Of Signal?

Because if its the latter, that sht aint that bad. But if its the former...I'm glad I don't have it.

Reactions: deaner

musclehead84

Nov 3, 2010
Falling Waters, WV
Ok...when people say LOS do they mean Loss Of Service? Or Loss Of Signal?

Because if its the latter, that sht aint that bad. But if its the former...I'm glad I don't have it.
It is bad. People that get it have to reboot phone for it to come back and it kills battery life. Nit to mention missed calls and texts. It is a complete loss of service.

Sent From My Evo Killer!!!

aal1

Mar 29, 2008
Katy TX
I had pandora going over 4g earlier for hours...but lost signal with a crossed out circle after about an hour. Pandora kept going but u couldn't make a phone call, ths.falls in line with the other poster. Im running eg30plus over latest 2.1 midnight.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Vegasden

Aug 26, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
vegasden.net
As WhiteWidows stated, it's 2 different radios. The LOS people have posted over and over about is the ability to make/receive calls (which is what the OP posted about). The Wimax radio (4G) doesn't transmit phone calls. That's why you can do data on 4G and still make a call at the same time.

jtlcastro

Jan 9, 2009
Hi guys, this is one of my first posts but I've been a long time reader coming from the Evo 4G forums. I'm rooter using Zedomax v3 and experienced multiple LOS as well.

Last night I tried limiting the clock speed to 1ghz and setting the min at 400mhz. Strangly I now get slightly better reception and never had a LOS yet. Will continue to test out this theory and see if it's clock speed related.

I came about testing this since I ran mine at 1.6 for a while and not only would I get more LOS occurances, I would also get phone freezes lol. I tether and stream music a lot so wanted to keep it slightly underclocked to keep the temps down. Hope this helps as a temporary band aid for the LOS bug

Erislover

Apr 7, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, FL
It definitely makes sense that the two radios are separate...the point of my post was just to offer some more information to help figure out a fix.

If one radio fails while the other stays working, do we know that the problem is phone-related? Many posters have speculated that the issue may be on Sprint's end, so I wasn't sure if this info did anything to challenge or support that theory. Maybe it does nothing, though -- just throwing it out there!

fjumayao

Apr 3, 2008
Hawaii
Hopefully a solution is found soon, I've seen similar issues posted on various android forums. Androidforums, Sprint community and here. Wish I waited a bit to hear more user experiences....:(

ms79723

Jul 2, 2010
Someone posted a log cat of a LOS. There's still some coding in the radio files that thinks there is a sim card. Says sim disconnected and result radio off

sent from my DAMN ET4G!!!!
Has anyone tried editing the build prop to manually change the preferred network from wcdma to CDMA auto? Maybe that'd fix that issue

[email protected]

Jun 23, 2007
I have been on my current SGS2 stock out of the box for over a week now and have not had any LOS issues, or missing texts, or data not working, or missing phone calls, etc.....

I have been using wi-fi, 4G, 3G, have an Airaive, went to an area where there is no Sprint service and phone roamed fine and then went back to Sprint service when available.

I have been unable to replicate the LOS issue on my current phone through all possible ways of using it.

My first SGS2 was also fine until I rooted it which then gave me an LOS within 12 hours of doing so.

If someone has a another sure way to get an LOS, I am willing to try it on my stock, never rooted phone but I don't think there are any other situations I can try that I haven't already......