[LOS14/15/16/17 Android7/8/9/10] MIC GAIN and a little Speaker gain too!

Search This thread

fbs

Jun 22, 2007
not in brazil
This mod will boost your microphone volume! It works with all Galaxy S5 variants. Tested on Nougat, Oreo and Pie (LOS 14/15/16/17).. It might work with every ROM.

It will survive ROM updates as long as you don't format /system.
You'll need root access on your phone and a custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP to install this mod. It is installed like a ROM: put the ZIP on your internal or external(SD) memory, reboot to Recovery console and choose "INSTALL", find the ZIP and proceed to its installation. Then reboot, done.

Technically: It will replace your mixer_paths.xml and media_profiles.xml files to raise MICrophone volume on many types of calls (normal voice call, video call, audio call, speakerphone) and sanitizes the bitrate of video and audio recordings for a better quality video. It also enables stereo audio even with low resolution video.

"Normal" version should be nice for everyone. The "higher" version will make your mic ultra-sensitive, you may sound SCREAMING at everyone!

Install "tuned kernel" if you care about performance and your battery life...

- The "26-906k" file is for a S5 specific MODEL(906k)
- These files won't work with G901F

XDA:DevDB Information
MICMOD, Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy S5

Contributors
fbs

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2020-04-05

Created 2016-10-31
Last Updated 2020-04-17

Attachments

• MICGAIN26-906k.zip
    506.6 KB · Views: 2,632
  • MICGAIN-20200824-normal.zip
    137.2 KB · Views: 563
  • MICGAIN-20200824-higher.zip
    137.2 KB · Views: 763
  • MICGAIN-20201111-normal.zip
    137.1 KB · Views: 960
Last edited:

dherlan

Aug 23, 2013
wow!!

Wow! Incredible difference! Congratulations!! Now it's too high! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Tested on my S5 (GM-900M) with RR 5.7.4

Reactions: iago1966 and fbs

afr33sl4ve

Dec 17, 2011
Tucson, AZ
It is hosted on a free file service wiiiiiiiiiidely used... did you click on the blue "download now" button? :p

It blocks d-h.st globally. I'm gonna have to email SonicWall about them. Not even logging in as admin is getting me around it. I'm not lifting the A/V for the 2 seconds it takes me to get the file. We've been hit with a couple variants of cryptolocker already.

EDIT: Flashing this does not work. So, the files in the other thread don't work and this one doesn't either. :(

I added myself as an exception. I assigned myself a static IP, as it makes it easier to access my laptop when I'm out and about the work campus.

Last edited:

fbs

Jun 22, 2007
not in brazil
EDIT: Flashing this does not work. So, the files in the other thread don't work and this one doesn't either. :(

Wait.. You will only find any difference if you try to listen to something you recorded (like listening a voice message you sent over WhatsApp), or if you call another phone.. It should raise your mobile's microphone sensitivity a bit for both recording and voice calls, both with headset/earphones and without it.

What are you trying to do? tell me specifically and I'll look into it..

afr33sl4ve

Dec 17, 2011
Tucson, AZ
It's not recording anything. In fact, I can no longer use my phone in headset mode. It has to be speakerphone or with a headset. Bluetooth mic usage is fine, only for calls. Otherwise, nothing is working for Whatsapp, OK, Google, etc.

fbs

Jun 22, 2007
not in brazil
It's not recording anything. In fact, I can no longer use my phone in headset mode. It has to be speakerphone or with a headset. Bluetooth mic usage is fine, only for calls. Otherwise, nothing is working for Whatsapp, OK, Google, etc.

Hardware problem, dude.. no mod or rom will fix this, I think.

If the mic isn't totally broken (ie. if when you SCREAM, the other party can hear you, but LOW), I could edit the mod to make the mic EXTREMELY sensible.. it would be a workaround.....

afr33sl4ve

Dec 17, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Hardware problem, dude.. no mod or rom will fix this, I think.

If the mic isn't totally broken (ie. if when you SCREAM, the other party can hear you, but LOW), I could edit the mod to make the mic EXTREMELY sensible.. it would be a workaround.....

Not a hardware problem. It works fine with older builds of CM13 (I'm talking like XX072016 and older) and the stock firmware.

Reactions: andreoide

jerrybeans

Nov 4, 2016
Fantastic

I just want to say, you are a saint for making this patch. I've tried a few custom roms and none have addressed the low mic volume issue with S5's. Anyway, thanks again!

Reactions: makave77i

afr33sl4ve

Dec 17, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Just used my phone is handset mode. I actually noticed a pattern. When disconnecting from either cars' bluetooth modules, I lose the ability to use the handset. This is usually resolved with one or multiple reboots.

säbelzahntiger

Nov 7, 2016
Xiaomi Poco F1
Wow! I have used the zip of 'thejester' for a long time. But have experienced bad distortion on video recordings.
Especially high sounds like Hi-Hats were pure distortion.

Didnt looked into your zip, but you seem to do something different. Distortion is over. Thanx for that!

Reactions: fbs

fbs

Jun 22, 2007
not in brazil
Does he work in the others models? I've Oneplus 2 Tipsy Rom 6.0.
Since already thanks for you pretty work

If you can send me the file /system/etc/mixer_paths.xml, and explain me in which situations the volume is low..
while recording your voice? while calling? which mic ? the phone's itself or headset ? both?
email fbsfbsfbs @ gmail.com

iago1966

Jan 29, 2013
Rio de Janeiro
If you can send me the file /system/etc/mixer_paths.xml, and explain me in which situations the volume is low..
while recording your voice? while calling? which mic ? the phone's itself or headset ? both?
email fbsfbsfbs @ gmail.com

Do you speak portuguese?
I seem in your profile Brazilian flag.
I will to send the file.
Thanks again.

DonYayo

Jan 11, 2014
Works for the latest, Resurrection Remix N 5.8.0 ?? When I send voice messages by whatsapp it is heard very low in my voice and also in the calls my voice is very low, this fixes this problem?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This mod will boost your microphone volume! It works with all Galaxy S5 variants. Tested on Nougat, Oreo and Pie (LOS 14/15/16/17).. It might work with every ROM.

It will survive ROM updates as long as you don't format /system.
    You'll need root access on your phone and a custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP to install this mod. It is installed like a ROM: put the ZIP on your internal or external(SD) memory, reboot to Recovery console and choose "INSTALL", find the ZIP and proceed to its installation. Then reboot, done.

Technically: It will replace your mixer_paths.xml and media_profiles.xml files to raise MICrophone volume on many types of calls (normal voice call, video call, audio call, speakerphone) and sanitizes the bitrate of video and audio recordings for a better quality video. It also enables stereo audio even with low resolution video.

"Normal" version should be nice for everyone. The "higher" version will make your mic ultra-sensitive, you may sound SCREAMING at everyone!

Install "tuned kernel" if you care about performance and your battery life...

- The "26-906k" file is for a S5 specific MODEL(906k)
    - These files won't work with G901F

XDA:DevDB Information
    MICMOD, Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy S5

Contributors
    fbs

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2020-04-05

Created 2016-10-31
    Last Updated 2020-04-17
    new build which works on android Q too
    wow!!

Wow! Incredible difference! Congratulations!! Now it's too high! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Tested on my S5 (GM-900M) with RR 5.7.4
    Got the same problem using Resurrection Remix 6.0.0 KLTE (Oreo)

For phone calls works great, OK Google too, but for Whatsapp voip is tool low
    Any pointer what to cchange on the mixer_path. I try a app call root volume mixer but not luck there, think i must edit it manually1

whatsapp uses this for voice call with headphones/earbuds:
    <path name="voip-headset-mic-comm">

and this without headphones:
    <path name="voip-main-mic-comm">
    Do you speak portuguese?
    I seem in your profile Brazilian flag.
    I will to send the file.
    Thanks again.

sim, sou brasileiro