LOSQ - LineageOS 17.1/18.1-UNOFFICIAL-GSI

Search This thread

-Alf-

Sep 28, 2017
Tried both of them but nothing, also with bromite. Now I'm with basic android sistem webview and i tried also the beta version but nothing works, I don't know what to do, maybe if i flash system.img from fastboot It will work? ( I flashed system via twrp btw)
Strange... Have you started off from EMUI 9.1.0.132 ?
Flash .132 Service ROM from dload and try fastboot method. It must work bro...

Reactions: n.sim

Incomtus

Apr 30, 2016
soundcloud.com
Hi i Nice work!
I have a question, is there a way to flash nfc without complete date wipe? I just reinstalled all of my apps I dont want install everything again lol
Please lol I spend to many time on python screen loool

Styleboila

Feb 8, 2016
Upd.: You can use this procedure additionally, with LOSQ on board:
- In TWRP unmount all except SD Card , Vendor and System (unmount and mount again if needed)
- Flash nfc_universal_patch
- Reboot into stock recovery and perform factory reset .

If i understand this right, i dont have to do the Installation from scratch?
Does this mean i have to flash stock recovery Form twrp and afer factory reset i can flash the patched recovery again?
Thanks for advice

-Alf-

Sep 28, 2017
Does this mean i have to flash stock recovery Form twrp and afer factory reset i can flash the patched recovery again?

It is not necessary, you can do factory reset (or Wipe cache) in patched recovery.

How to boot into Magisk-patched recovery:

Reboot into Recovery, when the yellow warning appears on the screen, press Volume Up, hold for ~ 2 sec,
release the button and immediately press and hold again for 2 sec, etc. etc., repeat it 6-7 times, the device will reboot into Stock Recovery

Note: on EMUI 9.1 ramdisk is included in the recovery_ramdisk, that's why Magisk will be installed to the recovery_ramdisk partition. But only the ramdisk is patched, stock recovery is completely functional.

Last edited:
Reactions: Styleboila

Incomtus

Apr 30, 2016
soundcloud.com
looks like you pressed both Volume buttons ...
Thanks i dont know what I did. but it works know.
I have a question again, i would like to change the xustom rom to switch on CAOS one. Is there a "danger" to leave the e recovery patched?
I ask this because it seems that i cant make a full reset of the phon with hisuite

Can you help first going back to stock from this lineage Rom?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Does this include ctsProfile check (which is needed by my banking apps
    Yes, with Magisk root , look here
    Are there any problems with audio that doesn't switch (ex after a video call or after inserting wired earphones?) apart nfc?
    Wired earphones, wireless earphones , receiving calls through wireless earphones, NFC... all working (ANE-LX1).
    Does FM-radio work on Lineage OS? I would like to transfer form my rooted stock Pie ROM to the more recent Lineage version. I am power user of FM radio so this is an essential app for me.
    Hi!
    Fm radio should not works on custom roms

Cheers
    For those who want to try LineageOS 17.1/18.1-UNOFFICIAL-GSI . IMO stable enough to be used as your daily driver.
    Tested on 9.1.0.132.

Credits: @eremitein

Requirements: basically full stock EMUI 9.1, with stock recovery_ramdisk

IMPORTANT! Before booting up the ROM, you will need to perform a factory reset in stock recovery!

1. Download LOSQ-v224-201017 with the GAPPS
    GAPPS
    LOSQ-v224-201017 without GAPPS
    Vanilla
    -----------------------
    LineageOS 18.1-unofficial-GSI
    download

2. Extract the ROM .img file from the compressed file.
    3. Flash extracted losq.... .img from fastboot , use command
    fastboot flash system (file_name).img
    4. Run command fastboot reboot, unplug your phone, when appears on screen yellow warning, press and hold for 3 sec Volume Up . In eRecovery select 'Wipe data/factory reset'.Reboot .

---------------------------

Magisk root (21.0):
    - download and install Magisk manager_8.0.6 apk
    - Install TWRP-9.1
    https://mega.nz/#!tkcTlATI!A8UJGPBGtxJbLcUOJoxCGJj5PFZXzCnjbb3OkwqKTP8
    over eRecovery (it's necessary on EMUI 9.1):
    - copy TWRP file to the SD card, and also copy to the SD card patched Recovery_ramdisk
    https://mega.nz/#!Z9NBVYSZ!NAd-h_VtRecyl28UX5E5z6KMa3cw56KCbQN-P6yxPMY
    - flash TWRP - run command
    fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk (TWRP's_name).img
    - boot into TWRP, select storage - SD Card, select "Install image", find TWRP-9.1.img file and mark eRecovery, swipe. Go back, find magisk_patched-ane-v21.img file, mark Recovery, swipe. Go back to the TWRP's main menu, select Reboot > Recovery. Done.
    Note: you then need to boot your phone every time via Recovery. It'll boot into android as normal but with root.
    EDIT:
    How to boot into TWRP:
    - Turn off your phone, connect to the PC (or charger), then press and hold Power + Volume Up, device will reboot into eRecovery (= TWRP).

How to boot into patched Recovery:
    - Restart your phone, when appears the yellow warning on the screen, press and hold Volume Up for ~ 2 sec,
    release the button and immediately press and hold again for ~ 2 sec. Repeat it 6-7 times, the device will reboot into Stock Recovery (you can perform Wipe cache or Factory reset).

Edit: for fans of NFC :) :
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/losq-lineageos-17-1-unofficial-gsi.4219291/post-84394147
    LineageOS 18.1- unofficial GSI my experience: for huawei owners, this is basically the same ROM as 17.1 except dynamic root (Z) - 18.1 is pre-rooted with the SuperUser (you can enable/disable superuser root without rebooting).
    Download:
    GAPPS
    Vanilla

Screenshot_20210302-225526_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210302-225652_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20210302-225032_PhhTrebleApp.png
    Screenshot_20210302-224902_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210302-225157_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20210302-225132_Trebuchet.png
    How will updates be perform in future?
    Hi, I don't know bro, I'm not a developer :) . But you can check the update here:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/treblerom/files/LOSQ/

How to switch from LOS 16 to this rom
    Install Service ROM using dload method (9.1.0.132 recomm.) , then you can safely flash 17.1 GSI. Dload method will erase all your data and will lock the BL again!
    Is there a way to flash the 132 ROM from huawei-firmware?
    Nope.
    Is there a way to now boot into TWRP (erecovery)?
    Oops I thought I mentioned it in my post, mea culpa.
    You have two options:
    1. Turn off phone, connect to PC (or charger), then pres and hold Power + Volume Up, device will reboot into eRecovery (= TWRP).
    2. Restart phone, when appears the yellow warning on screen, press Volume up, hold for ~ 2 sec,
    release the button and immediately press and hold again for 2 sec, repeat it 6-7 times, the device will reboot into Stock Recovery , then you can do normal restart - Reboot system now.
    Tried both of them but nothing, also with bromite. Now I'm with basic android sistem webview and i tried also the beta version but nothing works, I don't know what to do, maybe if i flash system.img from fastboot It will work? ( I flashed system via twrp btw)
    Strange... Have you started off from EMUI 9.1.0.132 ?
    Flash .132 Service ROM from dload and try fastboot method. It must work bro...
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone