LOSQ/LiR - LineageOS 17.1/18.1-UNOFFICIAL-GSI

Search This thread

-Alf-

LineageOS 18.1- unofficial GSI my experience: for huawei owners, this is basically the same ROM as 17.1 except of dynamic root (Z) - 18.1 is pre-rooted with the SuperUser (you can enable/disable superuser root without rebooting).
Download:
GAPPS
Vanilla

Screenshot_20210302-225526_Settings.png
Screenshot_20210302-225652_Trebuchet.png
Screenshot_20210302-225032_PhhTrebleApp.png
Screenshot_20210302-224902_Settings.png
Screenshot_20210302-225157_Trebuchet.png
Screenshot_20210302-225132_Trebuchet.png

Last edited:

Jaqqas

Jun 23, 2020
Hi, nice job!
But I have a problem with wifi in this rom and official lineageos 16 rom. My problem is that my huawei p20 lite don't want to connect to wifi networks with passwords, if network don't have any it connect without problem but if password is set even when i type right password it always says "check password and try again later",
anyone had a similar problem and knows the solution? LTE and bluetooth are working fine.

Jaqqas

Jun 23, 2020
You don't need to be sorry dude, now i'm embarrassed like hell, in truth idk why i miss that post i was reading whole thread 2 times, sorry for troubles XD.

Last edited:

TureX

Mar 9, 2011
Huawei P20 Lite
Hi, nice job!
But I have a problem with wifi in this rom and official lineageos 16 rom. My problem is that my huawei p20 lite don't want to connect to wifi networks with passwords, if network don't have any it connect without problem but if password is set even when i type right password it always says "check password and try again later",
anyone had a similar problem and knows the solution? LTE and bluetooth are working fine.
HI!
WiFi is broken on newer emui 9, so flash older build like 9.1.0.132 and reflash lineage

Cheers

millerntorxda

Jan 7, 2011
Northern Germany
I found two issues with the LineageOs 18.1 firmware:

- I could not get headphone switch to work: I tried all settings in phh settings, but the headphones are not recognized.
- After initial flash fingerprint sensor did work, but stopped working after flashing magisk patched recovery Edit: works after a clean start with dload method and locked phone

Can anyone confirm or has some workaround?

Last edited:

jcul

Dec 3, 2014
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
I installed the LineageOS 18.1 with Gapps image this weekend.
Started from EMUI 9.1.0.360.

Have to say it is working great for me, very stable.

Things tested:

Dynamic root
All good, banking apps work if not rooted, basic safetynet check passes.
Root enabled fine without reboot.
While rooted, for example revolut refused to work, but after disabling root it had logged me out but worked fine again.

Bluetooth
Works great, paired with speakers, headset, fitness tracker - Vendor app + Gadgetbridge all working great.

Fingerprint Scanner
Working perfectly, I don't use gestures, but there is an option related to this in the PHH Treble settings.

Other Stuff:
Calls, Wifi, GPS, Audio, everything works fine.

Note there are some Huawei specific settings under the PHH Treble settings, such as Fast Charge.
I'm not using a Huawei charger, but a Xiaomi one.
Though I did seem to notice faster charging when I set it to 4000mAh, maybe just over 1% per minute charge vs maybe 1.6 minutes per % on standard.

There is no NFC at all, as expected.
I'm going to flash the NFC patch this week if I have some time and will see how it goes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210322-091609_PhhTrebleApp~2.png
    Screenshot_20210322-091609_PhhTrebleApp~2.png
    137.4 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_20210322-091638_PhhTrebleApp~2.png
    Screenshot_20210322-091638_PhhTrebleApp~2.png
    60.2 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_20210322-091653_PhhTrebleApp~2.png
    Screenshot_20210322-091653_PhhTrebleApp~2.png
    85.9 KB · Views: 44

TureX

Mar 9, 2011
Huawei P20 Lite
Hi!
Are there any problems with audio that doesn't switch (ex after a video call or after inserting wired earphones?) apart nfc?
Any other problem? Thanks in advance

Cheers

-Alf-

Reactions: TureX

paul.greeff

Apr 24, 2013
LineageOS 18.1- unofficial GSI my experience: for huawei owners, this is basically the same ROM as 17.1 except dynamic root (Z) - 18.1 is pre-rooted with the SuperUser (you can enable/disable superuser root without rebooting).
Download:
GAPPS
Vanilla

Thank you! Best functioning rom I've tried so far on my P20 lite.

Only niggle I have is the cell signal indicator does not show the signal strength, just an empty triangle.

LineageOS 16 the bluetooth is a bit broken, LineageOS 17.1 the finger print scanner fails on registration and on 18 unofficial I have no signal bars for the cellphone. I am not sure which part of my phone environment I cocked up to experience these niggles. If you have any ideas where I can look to debug this let me know otherwise I will power on with 18.1 unofficial and hunt down this bug. It works really well on my phone.

jcul

Dec 3, 2014
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Only niggle I have is the cell signal indicator does not show the signal strength, just an empty triangle.

Yes same for me, but it doesn't bother me too much.
There is a setting for signal meter method under Misc in PHH Treble settings.
I tried setting it to Huawei but it didn't have any effect.

Does this include ctsProfile check (which is needed by my banking apps)?

No, out of the box, it only passed the simple check, but that seemed to be enough for me.
There is an option to help pass safetynet but that didn't help for me.
I guess magisk may be the answer.

And do you have any chance, to test wired headphones?
I just tried and no it doesn't work for me.
There is settings under Misc in PHH Treble for headphones detection but they didn't seem to have any effect for me.
I can see in the logcat that huawei audio is started but wired headset doesn't work.
The fact there is a huawei specific patch makes me think maybe the P20 Lite just needs something more specific.

I can see the setting here for PHH Treble:

Maybe ForceHeadsetAudio needs some work for ANE.

The only other thing I've noticed is that I don't see an in-call button to start recording.
Is that expected with LineageOS or is it supposed to be there?

jcul

Dec 3, 2014
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
It seems that NFC_patch is working, but the installation was wrong...(pardon my mistake )
Try this instruction, it works for me (found on 4pda):

- install system.img from fastboot
- fastboot reboot > hold Volume Up > eRecovery > Shutdown.
- install TWRP-9.1
- in TWRP unmount all except SD Card , Vendor and System (unmount and mount again)
- flash nfc_hotspot_universal.zip
- fastboot reboot > hold Volume Up > eRecovery > Shutdown.
- flash stock recovery_ramdisk
- reboot again into eRecovery , now you can perform factory reset and boot up the ROM.

View attachment 5203839

Update: you can use this procedure additionally, with LOSQ on board:
- In TWRP unmount all except SD Card , Vendor and System (unmount and mount again if needed)
- Flash nfc_universal_patch
- From TWRP menu reboot into stock recovery and perform factory reset .

Sorry for the basic question.
But I can get stock recovery from an update image right?
There isn't an update image available matching my EMUI build number, can I use a stock recovery from a different image?
Can I just back up my current stock recovery ramdisk with fastboot / adb and then reflash that?

-Alf-

Sorry for the basic question.
But I can get stock recovery from an update image right?
There isn't an update image available matching my EMUI build number, can I use a stock recovery from a different image?
Can I just back up my current stock recovery ramdisk with fastboot / adb and then reflash that?
Stock Recovery/eRecovery is the same for all ANE, LLD and BND models and build numbers (with the same EMUI version on board).

Kwakkel

Aug 3, 2011
Does FM-radio work on Lineage OS? I would like to transfer form my rooted stock Pie ROM to the more recent Lineage version. I am power user of FM radio so this is an essential app for me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those who want to try LineageOS 17.1/18.1-UNOFFICIAL-GSI . IMO stable enough to be used as your daily driver.

LOSQ/LiR is not developed nor maintained by me!
    Credits: @eremitein

Requirements: basically full stock EMUI 9.1, with stock recovery_ramdisk.

Note: I prefer to install in fastboot mode, it's quick, easy and most importantly, safe.

IMPORTANT! Before booting up the ROM, you will need to perform a factory reset in stock recovery!
    Install arm64-b.. only!

1. LOSQ - LineageOS 17.1-[10]-unofficial-GSI
    with the GAPPS
    GAPPS
    without GAPPS
    Vanilla
    -----------------------
    LiR- LineageOS 18.1-unofficial-[11]-GSI
    Download

2. Extract the ROM .img file from the compressed file.
    3. Flash extracted losq/lir... .img from fastboot , use command
    fastboot flash system (file_name).img
    4. Run command fastboot reboot, unplug your phone, when appears on screen yellow warning, press and hold for 3 sec Volume Up . In eRecovery select 'Wipe data/factory reset'.Reboot .

NFC patch:

https://xdaforums.com/t/losq-lineageos-17-1-unofficial-gsi.4219291/post-84394147

Magisk root (23.0):

(Note: If you don't plan to use TWRP, simply install patched Recovery_ramdisk in fastboot mode. Run command
    fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk magisk_patched-23.img ),

- download and install Magisk manager-23.apk:
    https://mega.nz/file/go0m2RiR#M5UTv6FPjWPtDaGPr-u2tpJMCwdf8uwnniZg69LiGfw

- Install TWRP-9.1
    https://mega.nz/#!tkcTlATI!A8UJGPBGtxJbLcUOJoxCGJj5PFZXzCnjbb3OkwqKTP8
    over eRecovery (it's necessary on EMUI 9.1):

- copy TWRP file to the SD card, and also copy to the SD card patched Recovery_ramdisk:
    https://mega.nz/file/lp1kHLxJ#htCMaPjSsg_dy0w_jNOft-t_DZRAPwhOvwy_Wr2cjX8

- flash TWRP - run command
    fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk (TWRP's_name).img
    - boot into TWRP, select storage - SD Card, select "Install image", find TWRP-9.1.img file and mark eRecovery, swipe. Go back, find magisk_patched-23.img file, mark Recovery, swipe. Go back to the TWRP's main menu, select Reboot > Recovery. Done.
    Note: you then need to boot your phone every time via Recovery. It'll boot into android as normal but with root.

( Note: for those who want keep the erecovery as a fail-safe:
    https://xdaforums.com/t/...-erecovery-with-twrp-installed-on-it.4357127/ )

To remove Magisk reinstall stock recovery_ramdisk via TWRP or fastboot , download Here

How to boot into TWRP:
    - Turn off your phone, connect to the PC (or charger), then press and hold Power + Volume Up, device will reboot into eRecovery (= TWRP).

How to boot into patched Recovery :
    - Restart your phone, when appears the yellow warning on the screen, press and hold Volume Up for ~ 2 sec,
    release the button and immediately press and hold again for ~ 2 sec. Repeat it 6-7 times, the device will reboot into Stock Recovery (you can perform Wipe cache or Factory reset).

ROOT WITH SUPERUSER:

1. In TWRP flash Zip.file
    2. Install Phh Superuser apk .(if needed) https://mega.nz/file/A4sWFYxZ#9KMkvKRgzU7oCvgThPFQOpv_wKAnLZcZVWcJ03HDyNE

Tips:
    https://xdaforums.com/t/treble-gsi-favorite-gallery-camera-and-file-manager.4246019/
    Okay, I have enough gps to use that phone I think with google precision location. But I think if I had to daily dive a car I would get back to stock lol
    Hello, maybe I found how to fix GPS (I'm running Lir again :p ).
    I tried replace some files with default extracted from stock, and it worked :oops: .
    - Download files:
    - Go root/system/etc
    - Replace gps.debug.conf with downloaded gps.debug.conf file
    - Copy to system/etc also second file gps.debug
    - Open system/etc/permissions and copy here android.hardware.location.gps.xml file.
    Restart.
    Screenshot_20210510-133144_GPS_Test.pngScreenshot_20210510-133201_GPS_Test.pngScreenshot_20210510-133229_GPS_Test.png
    Did anyone testet LineageOS 18.1 as their daily driver and can give a review?
    I use it for about a week as daily driver.

I think it's a lot smoother in daily handling than stock ( I use it with nova launcher). After some tweaking every thing I need is working:
    • I get full safety net with magisk and hide props plugin. I also use systemless host. I do not see netflix in playstore, but I could install the app from apkmirror and start it . I don't have an account, so I can't tell if it really works.
    • NFC fix is installed and works. To use it with the german ausweisApp I had to install xposed and nfc extended module. My finding was, that enabled xposed kills safetynet status, so it's not active until I need it.
    • The german bank app dkb tan2go has a very aggressive root detection, it works while magisk is frozen (with titanium).
    • All other banking apps I tried did work with magisk hide (I don't use garmin pay with my watch, so I did not try google pay)
    • Switching audio after inserting / releasing wired headsets does work.
    • Fast charging works (did not try offline charging, I just switch my phone to flight mode if I don't use it)
    I just found two minor issues until now:
    • Bluetooth is sometimes a bit buggy: Headphones disconnect after starting to play audio - but this happens only for 1- 4 times, then the connection is stable. This affects different receiver, so I think it's a problem with the rom / the phone.
    • Signal meter for mobile radio does not work, but you can use apps/widgets from play store to show signal strength
    Hope this helps
    :cool:
    LineageOS 18.1- unofficial GSI my experience: for huawei owners, this is basically the same ROM as 17.1 except of dynamic root (Z) - 18.1 is pre-rooted with the SuperUser (you can enable/disable superuser root without rebooting).
    Download:
    GAPPS
    Vanilla

Screenshot_20210302-225526_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210302-225652_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20210302-225032_PhhTrebleApp.png
    Screenshot_20210302-224902_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210302-225157_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20210302-225132_Trebuchet.png