LOSQ - LineageOS 17.1-UNOFFICIAL-GSI

-Alf-

Sep 28, 2017
For those who want to try LineageOS 17.1-UNOFFICIAL-GSI . IMO stable enough to be used as your daily driver.
Tested on 9.1.0.132.

Credits: @eremitein

Requirements: basically full stock EMUI 9.1, with stock recovery_ramdisk

IMPORTANT! Before booting up the ROM, you will need to perform a factory reset in stock recovery!

1. Download LOSQ-v224-201017 with the GAPPS
GAPPS
LOSQ-v224-201017 without GAPPS
Vanilla
2. Extract the ROM .img file from the compressed file.
3. Flash extracted losq.... .img from fastboot , use command
fastboot flash system (file_name).img
4. Run command fastboot reboot, unplug your phone, when appears on screen yellow warning, press and hold for 3 sec Volume Up . In eRecovery select 'Wipe data/factory reset'.Reboot .

---------------------------

Magisk root (21.0):
- download and install Magisk manager_8.0.6 apk
- Install TWRP-9.1
https://mega.nz/#!tkcTlATI!A8UJGPBGtxJbLcUOJoxCGJj5PFZXzCnjbb3OkwqKTP8
over eRecovery (it's necessary on EMUI 9.1):
- copy TWRP file to the SD card, and also copy to the SD card patched Recovery_ramdisk
https://mega.nz/#!Z9NBVYSZ!NAd-h_VtRecyl28UX5E5z6KMa3cw56KCbQN-P6yxPMY
- flash TWRP - run command
fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk (TWRP's_name).img
- boot into TWRP, select storage - SD Card, select "Install image", find TWRP-9.1.img file and mark eRecovery, swipe. Go back, find magisk_patched-ane-v21.img file, mark Recovery, swipe. Go back to the TWRP's main menu, select Reboot > Recovery. Done.
Note: you then need to boot your phone every time via Recovery. It'll boot into android as normal but with root.
EDIT:
How to boot into TWRP:
- Turn off your phone, connect to the PC (or charger), then press and hold Power + Volume Up, device will reboot into eRecovery (= TWRP).

How to boot into patched Recovery:
- Restart your phone, when appears the yellow warning on the screen, press and hold Volume Up for ~ 2 sec,
release the button and immediately press and hold again for ~ 2 sec. Repeat it 6-7 times, the device will reboot into Stock Recovery (you can perform Wipe cache or Factory reset).

Edit: for fans of NFC :) :
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/losq-lineageos-17-1-unofficial-gsi.4219291/post-84394147

Last edited:

whitetigerdk

Jun 1, 2010
Odense
www.dkmdesign.dk
I have tried this rom - but without the magisk as I don't really care for root.. However.. This rom still has one big missing feature.. Fingerprint unlock. I can go to register fingerprint. Add the finger multible times to complete the circle.. however.. every time it misses just the last part - it will fail. If anyone has a fix for this I would be happy to use this as my daily driver as it works just fine.

horqai

Sep 6, 2011
Can confirm that so far everything works flawless. Fingerprint sensor is working on the phone too.

Thank you Alf.

Just two additional questions:
How will updates be perform in future?
How to switch from LOS 16 to this rom - the other P20 lite we have is still on v.16?

Cheers
Horqai

-Alf-

Sep 28, 2017
Reactions: horqai

XRealX

Jan 19, 2021
Hi, I don't know bro, I'm not a developer :) . But you can check the update here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/treblerom/files/LOSQ/

Install Service ROM using dload method (9.1.0.132 recomm.) , then you can safely flash 17.1 GSI. Dload method will erase all your data and will lock the BL again!
Ugh, is there a way to install emui 9 without it locking my bootloader? I unlocked my bootloader via the @huaweihax method.

Last edited:

-Alf-

Sep 28, 2017
[/QUOTE]
Ugh, is there a way to install emui 9 without it locking my bootloader?
OTA update, via HiSuite, you can try also through eRecovery ...
make sure to have the stock recovery flash.

I unlock my bootloader via the @huaweihax method.
Idk how huaweihax method works, but the BL unlock
code is permanent, it wont expire, you use the same bootloader code to unlock if your device is relocked.
Btw, with EMUI 8 installed with May 2018 security patch you should be able to use DC-Unlocker or hcu-client to get BL unlock code for 4euros.
Or, you can also unlock BL for free using
PotatoNV method

XRealX

Jan 19, 2021
OTA update, via HiSuite, you can try also through eRecovery ...
make sure to have the stock recovery flash.

Idk how huaweihax method works, but the BL unlock
code is permanent, it wont expire, you use the same bootloader code to unlock if your device is relocked.
Btw, with EMUI 8 installed with May 2018 security patch you should be able to use DC-Unlocker or hcu-client to get BL unlock code for 4euros.
Or, you can also unlock BL for free using
PotatoNV method
There's no way I'm paying for unlocking!

The huaweihax method works this way: you give some information about your device and you flash a slock file to the ramdisk. It unlocks your phone.
To prevent EMUI 9 from re-locking your device, you can flash a zip file to have a custom bootloader unlock code.
Btw, I have hyperlinked the thread that describes this in the "thingy" word.
I guess that custom code should work even if my device is re-locked.

-Alf-

Sep 28, 2017
How can I repair the factory erecovery I am using the phenix program but it gives me recovery error
Sorry, this is not the DC-Phoenix support chat, let's please remember to keep conversations and comments in this thread about LOSQ - LineageOS 17.1, thanks...

An3skmbi

Nov 25, 2010
Centurion
Thanks @-Alf-

I followed all your advice in the LOS 16 thread to get 16 installed, but couldn't get gapps to work. So I thought lemme give LOS 17 a shot since it includes gapps, and it works great! However I get the same issue with fingerprint as @whitetigerdk. During fingerprint enrolment it works up until the last time you have to finger it, after which I get popup "Enrolment was not completed: Fingerprint enrolment didn't work. Try again or use a different finger". I can provide a screenshot but it's literally just that text.

Apart from that everything seems to work fine. Haven't installed magisk yet, will do that next.

-Alf-

Sep 28, 2017
During fingerprint enrolment it works up until the last time you have to finger it, after which I get popup "Enrolment was not completed: Fingerprint enrolment didn't work.
Tested on 9.1.0.132.
Install Service ROM using dload method (9.1.0.132 recomm.)
Most of custom ROMs require lower build number, on latest build number may or may not work correctly.
If you have followed this guide to the letter and it didn't work, i'm afraid I cant help you .
I've not had any major issue with this LineageOS.
P.S.:
If all this has worked on my device, it does not mean that it goes with everyone else, and vice versa (we are talking about Huawei devices :p).

An3skmbi

Nov 25, 2010
Centurion
@-Alf- Thanks, that might be it. I'm on firmware 9.1.0.200(C185E4R1P8T8) as that was the recommended one for LOS 16. Let me give it a shot with 132, will update with results.

Edit: With "Clean OS" I assume you mean a clean install of the stock ROM? My approach is to install 132 via dload, unlock bootloader, then follow your installation steps.

-Alf-

Sep 28, 2017
With "Clean OS" I assume you mean a clean install of the stock ROM? My approach is to install 132 via dload, unlock bootloader, then follow your installation steps.
Yes, but I'm afraid there's no .132 build number for region C185 on androidhost.ru :(
IMO you can get it via paid service only, for 17euros , hm...look here
The difference between .132 and .200 is google patch - may 2019 vs. july 2019.

Last edited:

An3skmbi

Nov 25, 2010
Centurion

An3skmbi

Nov 25, 2010
Centurion
This guide is valid for Android 6 . Huawei-firmware is a really reliable website :) .
What do you mean really reliable when the guide is for Android 6? Is there a way to flash the 132 ROM from huawei-firmware?

Also, magisk installation worked perfectly by following your instructions. I can pass safety net with the universal safetynet fix module 💪 and got google play certification with the props module.

Is there a way to now boot into TWRP (erecovery)? Currently when booting it doesn't show the option to hold volume up to enter erecovery, it immediately says your phone is booting now. The only way to get into TWRP is to fastboot flash recovery twrp, do stuff there, then flash magisk_patched-ane-v21 over recovery and reboot.

Edit: I captured a logcat while getting the fingerprint enrollment error, there are some exceptions about the enrollment, not sure if that could mean something to the devs to help fix it?

Last edited:

-Alf-

Sep 28, 2017
Is there a way to flash the 132 ROM from huawei-firmware?
Nope.
Is there a way to now boot into TWRP (erecovery)?
Oops I thought I mentioned it in my post, mea culpa.
You have two options:
1. Turn off phone, connect to PC (or charger), then pres and hold Power + Volume Up, device will reboot into eRecovery (= TWRP).
2. Restart phone, when appears the yellow warning on screen, press Volume up, hold for ~ 2 sec,
release the button and immediately press and hold again for 2 sec, repeat it 6-7 times, the device will reboot into Stock Recovery , then you can do normal restart - Reboot system now.

Reactions: An3skmbi