• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

LOSQ/LiR - LineageOS 17.1/18.1-UNOFFICIAL-GSI

Search This thread

Frax3r

May 18, 2016
Huawei P20 Lite
I tested lir-v307-210509-arm64-bvZ.img on my Huawei P20lite and I think it works very well.
Can anyone explain why I can not switch the "slots" with command
fastboot --set-active=a
or
fastboot --set-active=b
Really Huawei P20lite is a/b device?
Those slots are a requirement only if your phone supports seamless updates which p20 lite does not. Being a/b is a requirement for seamless updates but that doesnt mean every ab has to support it. Just use fastboot flash system system.img

Reactions: lord_stoner

lord_stoner

Dec 30, 2018
Hi,
Does anyone know what app can be installed to listen to the FM radio? ( In the stock version the FM radio works perfectly.)
I tried with Spirit2 - FM radio, but it doesn't work because it is for Snapdragon systems, and here is Kirin system.

-Alf-

Sep 28, 2017
Huawei P9 Lite
Huawei P10 Lite
Hi,
Does anyone know what app can be installed to listen to the FM radio? ( In the stock version the FM radio works perfectly.)
I tried with Spirit2 - FM radio, but it doesn't work because it is for Snapdragon systems, and here is Kirin system.
Try some of the following - (flash in TWRP):
https://mega.nz/#!t0sm2YpZ!wMHR18VyY9AwNPgqKjBNOqtx7OCbxotkt9jvtd867Ic
https://mega.nz/#!wx0mzKwY!pouz_TL_i0JnzorKBzQGKW1pikNVp8M5ipREH4KgOkk
https://mega.nz/#!pwlA1aQT!0025wJIMyWWFXDt_XOaJ42tyloCu0X_umawFjQhEQmg
https://mega.nz/#!Y8sQHY5C!nPrLBKQ3cB9FmBjOYKCPm3qQ3sn0lSilCcbn2mw4qu4
https://mega.nz/#!9okSFCRD!cBZrizNx7ZcUVAp-eDxr9IK6fYwvRtnNZvh1-Rt3J8Q

But I don't know if it will work on Kirin...

P.S.: you can also try extract from .zip files fmradio.apk and copy it to /system/priv-app with rw-r-r permissions (644)

Last edited:
Reactions: lord_stoner

lord_stoner

Dec 30, 2018
This FMradio-app are for other devices:
FMRadioFixPiE.zip
FM+Radio+P+++.zip

This app are for Qqom(snapdragon) devices:
fmradio.zip
FM_Radio+_GSI_ONLY_Pie.zip
FM-Radio_(GSI).zip

but neither works on Huawai P20lite.
It is strange that there is no app that works for Huawei P20 lite.

TureX

Mar 9, 2011
Huawei P20 Lite
This FMradio-app are for other devices:
FMRadioFixPiE.zip
FM+Radio+P+++.zip

This app are for Qqom(snapdragon) devices:
fmradio.zip
FM_Radio+_GSI_ONLY_Pie.zip
FM-Radio_(GSI).zip

but neither works on Huawai P20lite.
It is strange that there is no app that works for Huawei P20 lite.
Hi!
There is no possibilities to have a working FM radio on non stock firmware

Cheers

lord_stoner

Dec 30, 2018
Hey is this ROM good for daily driver use?
This ROM :
and this :
are very stable and work very well.
I use for daily ROM the second one , it has more extras for visual settings. Both are based on "Lineage OS"

Last edited:

JasonXVPrime

Aug 20, 2016
South Africa
This ROM :
and this :
are very stable and work very well.
I use for daily ROM the second one , it has more extras for visual settings. Both are based on "Lineage OS"
Is install same as this guide?

BrayanJh

Jun 4, 2021
He probado la Rom y la verdad que es exelente, muy fluida.
De momento solo vi algunos detalles:
No se pueden mover o copiar archivos a la SD, pero se soluciona instalando una app en particular llamada File Manager de Xiaomi.
A diferencia del Emui, no se pueden configurar las aplicaciones para que solo escriban y almacenen datos en la tarjeta SD, sin embargo eso se soluciona Instalando App2SD (Requiere Root)
Lo de la huella, funciona normal, vi en comentarios que el lector de huellas no funciona, pero no es verdad.
Cabe destacar que probé esta rom instalandola sobre Emui 9.1 ANE-LX3 9.1.0.134.
Solo un problema en particular tuve que no he podido solucionar, y es que el emulador PPSSPP no me abre con normalidad, cuando lo ejecuto se pone extremadamente lento en teléfono y tengo que cerrar la aplicación ya que no me permite casi ni salir no hacer nada. Solo con PPSSPP me pasó esto, alguien sabe el motivo?

whitetigerdk

Jun 1, 2010
Odense
www.dkmdesign.dk
He probado la Rom y la verdad que es exelente, muy fluida.
De momento solo vi algunos detalles:
No se pueden mover o copiar archivos a la SD, pero se soluciona instalando una app en particular llamada File Manager de Xiaomi.
A diferencia del Emui, no se pueden configurar las aplicaciones para que solo escriban y almacenen datos en la tarjeta SD, sin embargo eso se soluciona Instalando App2SD (Requiere Root)
Lo de la huella, funciona normal, vi en comentarios que el lector de huellas no funciona, pero no es verdad.
Cabe destacar que probé esta rom instalandola sobre Emui 9.1 ANE-LX3 9.1.0.134.
Solo un problema en particular tuve que no he podido solucionar, y es que el emulador PPSSPP no me abre con normalidad, cuando lo ejecuto se pone extremadamente lento en teléfono y tengo que cerrar la aplicación ya que no me permite casi ni salir no hacer nada. Solo con PPSSPP me pasó esto, alguien sabe el motivo?
All posts in English - so we can ALL help/benefit... English is required inhere.

Brayan Jh

Feb 24, 2021
All posts in English - so we can ALL help/benefit... English is required inhere.
I said that I tried the Rom and although it has certain flaws, they can be solved with third-party apps. However the only problem for me is that I cannot use the PPSSPP emulator or the Reicast (Dreamcast emulator) as the screen goes black when I open the emulators. With the PPSSPP not only does it stay black, but it also freezes my phone to the degree that I have to force the closure of the app to be able to use the phone since it is completely frozen ... is there a solution to this problem?

-Alf-

Sep 28, 2017
Huawei P9 Lite
Huawei P10 Lite
I said that I tried the Rom and although it has certain flaws, they can be solved with third-party apps. However the only problem for me is that I cannot use the PPSSPP emulator or the Reicast (Dreamcast emulator) as the screen goes black when I open the emulators. With the PPSSPP not only does it stay black, but it also freezes my phone to the degree that I have to force the closure of the app to be able to use the phone since it is completely frozen ... is there a solution to this problem?
Try this way out, for me worked on lir-v302 .
I have set Rendering mode = Backend - OpenGL in the application on stock FW (by default Vulkan is set there, therefore the application does not start, IMO) and extracted from phone. Download link .
Install linked app, then go (restart your phone if needed) to Settings/Apps/See all/ open "PPSSPP" > set permissions (all) and use "Force stop".
Go back to the main screen and launch PPSSPP. It should work, in app logo you will see 'Open GL ES' in the bottom line. GL!

Brayan Jh

Feb 24, 2021
Try this way out, for me worked on lir-v302 .
I have set Rendering mode = Backend - OpenGL in the application on stock FW (by default Vulkan is set there, therefore the application does not start, IMO) and extracted from phone. Download link .
Install linked app, then go (restart your phone if needed) to Settings/Apps/See all/ open "PPSSPP" > set permissions (all) and use "Force stop".
Go back to the main screen and launch PPSSPP. It should work, in app logo you will see 'Open GL ES' in the bottom line. GL!
Yes, I just checked that the problem is because it comes preconfigured with Vulkan. The app from the link you gave me did not work for me, the screen also goes black, but in the middle of the lag and black screens, I was able to change the graphics engine configuration to OpenGL and it worked normally. Thank you.

Brayan Jh

Feb 24, 2021
Yes, but it did not work for me with that method, I don't know if it has to do with the fact that I had previously installed ppsspp from Playstore and did not erase the configuration data left after uninstalling the application (Storage / emulated / 0 / PSP) .

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    downgrade from LineageOS GSI to EMUI 8 ???
    Via TWRP & HuRupdater. What is your region?
    C432. What files do I need on SD Card?
    You need EMUI 8.0 fullOTA-MF firmware downloaded from Firmware finder. FF is dead, but I have some builds on my archive for C432 .
    Use TWRP 3.2.1. by Pretoriano80 (install it over Recovery) and HuRupdater 0.4 .
    Links:
    https://mega.nz/file/U4FinbjT#kDz1El-q-a8D1SrSHsuxxc_rbHInv9csS_44UBNf6hM
    https://mega.nz/file/hsUCCBAD#hkmbxrADhkIO7TH-kc0uCVAChKmRc5v8FjZ3cXBrwuo
    https://mega.nz/file/Esd2iLbI#ohL04KwVpMX5-c27stk4vvmsMph_GAgbc1aHCLx-hyo
    For those who want to try LineageOS 17.1/18.1-UNOFFICIAL-GSI . IMO stable enough to be used as your daily driver.

Credits: @eremitein

Requirements: basically full stock EMUI 9.1, with stock recovery_ramdisk

IMPORTANT! Before booting up the ROM, you will need to perform a factory reset in stock recovery!

1. LOSQ - LineageOS 17.1-unofficial-GSI
    with the GAPPS
    GAPPS
    without GAPPS
    Vanilla
    -----------------------
    LiR- LineageOS 18.1-unofficial-GSI
    Download

2. Extract the ROM .img file from the compressed file.
    3. Flash extracted losq/lir... .img from fastboot , use command
    fastboot flash system (file_name).img
    4. Run command fastboot reboot, unplug your phone, when appears on screen yellow warning, press and hold for 3 sec Volume Up . In eRecovery select 'Wipe data/factory reset'.Reboot .

---------------------------

Magisk root (21.0):
    - download and install Magisk manager_8.0.6 apk
    - Install TWRP-9.1
    https://mega.nz/#!tkcTlATI!A8UJGPBGtxJbLcUOJoxCGJj5PFZXzCnjbb3OkwqKTP8
    over eRecovery (it's necessary on EMUI 9.1):
    - copy TWRP file to the SD card, and also copy to the SD card patched Recovery_ramdisk
    https://mega.nz/#!Z9NBVYSZ!NAd-h_VtRecyl28UX5E5z6KMa3cw56KCbQN-P6yxPMY
    - flash TWRP - run command
    fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk (TWRP's_name).img
    - boot into TWRP, select storage - SD Card, select "Install image", find TWRP-9.1.img file and mark eRecovery, swipe. Go back, find magisk_patched-ane-v21.img file, mark Recovery, swipe. Go back to the TWRP's main menu, select Reboot > Recovery. Done.
    Note: you then need to boot your phone every time via Recovery. It'll boot into android as normal but with root.

EDIT:
    How to boot into TWRP:
    - Turn off your phone, connect to the PC (or charger), then press and hold Power + Volume Up, device will reboot into eRecovery (= TWRP).

How to boot into patched Recovery (source: 4pda.ru @TishSerg):
    - Restart your phone, when appears the yellow warning on the screen, press and hold Volume Up for ~ 2 sec,
    release the button and immediately press and hold again for ~ 2 sec. Repeat it 6-7 times, the device will reboot into Stock Recovery (you can perform Wipe cache or Factory reset).

Edit: for fans of NFC :) :
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/losq-lineageos-17-1-unofficial-gsi.4219291/post-84394147
    Okay, I have enough gps to use that phone I think with google precision location. But I think if I had to daily dive a car I would get back to stock lol
    Hello, maybe I found how to fix GPS (I'm running Lir again :p ).
    I tried replace some files with default extracted from stock, and it worked :oops: .
    - Download files:
    - Go root/system/etc
    - Replace gps.debug.conf with downloaded gps.debug.conf file
    - Copy to system/etc also second file gps.debug
    - Open system/etc/permissions and copy here android.hardware.location.gps.xml file.
    Restart.
    Screenshot_20210510-133144_GPS_Test.pngScreenshot_20210510-133201_GPS_Test.pngScreenshot_20210510-133229_GPS_Test.png
    Did anyone testet LineageOS 18.1 as their daily driver and can give a review?
    I use it for about a week as daily driver.

I think it's a lot smoother in daily handling than stock ( I use it with nova launcher). After some tweaking every thing I need is working:
    • I get full safety net with magisk and hide props plugin. I also use systemless host. I do not see netflix in playstore, but I could install the app from apkmirror and start it . I don't have an account, so I can't tell if it really works.
    • NFC fix is installed and works. To use it with the german ausweisApp I had to install xposed and nfc extended module. My finding was, that enabled xposed kills safetynet status, so it's not active until I need it.
    • The german bank app dkb tan2go has a very aggressive root detection, it works while magisk is frozen (with titanium).
    • All other banking apps I tried did work with magisk hide (I don't use garmin pay with my watch, so I did not try google pay)
    • Switching audio after inserting / releasing wired headsets does work.
    • Fast charging works (did not try offline charging, I just switch my phone to flight mode if I don't use it)
    I just found two minor issues until now:
    • Bluetooth is sometimes a bit buggy: Headphones disconnect after starting to play audio - but this happens only for 1- 4 times, then the connection is stable. This affects different receiver, so I think it's a problem with the rom / the phone.
    • Signal meter for mobile radio does not work, but you can use apps/widgets from play store to show signal strength
    Hope this helps
    :cool:
    LineageOS 18.1- unofficial GSI my experience: for huawei owners, this is basically the same ROM as 17.1 except of dynamic root (Z) - 18.1 is pre-rooted with the SuperUser (you can enable/disable superuser root without rebooting).
    Download:
    GAPPS
    Vanilla

Screenshot_20210302-225526_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210302-225652_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20210302-225032_PhhTrebleApp.png
    Screenshot_20210302-224902_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210302-225157_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20210302-225132_Trebuchet.png
    How will updates be perform in future?
    Hi, I don't know bro, I'm not a developer :) . But you can check the update here:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/treblerom/files/LOSQ/

How to switch from LOS 16 to this rom
    Install Service ROM using dload method (9.1.0.132 recomm.) , then you can safely flash 17.1 GSI. Dload method will erase all your data and will lock the BL again!