• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

LOSQ/LiR - LineageOS 17.1/18.1-UNOFFICIAL-GSI

Search This thread

An3skmbi

Nov 25, 2010
Centurion
So after many googles and failed attempts I managed to install ANE-LX1 9.1.0.132(C185E3R1P8) from firmware finder. I basically downgraded to stock 8.0 via hisuite, then by some trial and error got 132 to install by changing DNS settings according to ff instructions.

I'm glad to report that fingerprint is now working 😁

Is NFC supported on LOSQ? I did check that NFC is available in settings on 8.0 and 9.1.0.132, but on LOSQ it's not there.

-Alf-

Sep 28, 2017
Huawei P9 Lite
Huawei P10 Lite
So after many googles and failed attempts I managed to install ANE-LX1 9.1.0.132(C185E3R1P8) from firmware finder. I basically downgraded to stock 8.0 via hisuite, then by some trial and error got 132 to install by changing DNS settings according to ff instructions
Wow, hats off! (y)
Is NFC supported on LOSQ? I did check that NFC is available in settings on 8.0 and 9.1.0.132, but on LOSQ it's not there.
There's an universal nfc_patch.zip file for GSI Roms, unfortunately, doesn't work on LOSQ. So you have to try another way.
(ROOT!)
Install Solid explorer, use this version:

Solid exp.

Set both windows in explorer as "root", select in the first window - system / app, and system / priv-app in the second window. In the first window find NfcNci folder and copy it to the system/priv-app in the second window. Reboot.

An3skmbi

Nov 25, 2010
Centurion
Set both windows in explorer as "root", select in the first window - system / app, and system / priv-app in the second window. In the first window find NfcNci folder and copy it to the system/priv-app in the second window. Reboot.
Thanks, but unfortunately it didn't work. No NFC settings or tile.
There's an universal nfc_patch.zip file for GSI Roms
Are you referring to the NFC for PRA-LX1 on GSI and/or NFC-4-Kirin magisk modules? Looks they only work on Pie.

-Alf-

Sep 28, 2017
Huawei P9 Lite
Huawei P10 Lite
Thanks, but unfortunately it didn't work. No NFC settings or tile.
Hm, it works for me...
Screenshot_20210124-134517_Trebuchet.pngScreenshot_20210124-134620_Settings.pngScreenshot_20210124-134628_Settings.png

michelolvera

Oct 7, 2020
I notice that apps like Telegram can write and save cache to SD, even Google Maps can save offline maps to SD.

But no file manager app can write to SD, try Xiaomi File manager, Google Files, ES File Explorer... none can write, but can delete...

My SD card is 128GB, it is in exFat but I already tried with NTFS and FAT32, the same thing happens.

Any idea how to fix it?

-Alf-

Sep 28, 2017
Huawei P9 Lite
Huawei P10 Lite
I notice that apps like Telegram can write and save cache to SD, even Google Maps can save offline maps to SD.

But no file manager app can write to SD, try Xiaomi File manager, Google Files, ES File Explorer... none can write, but can delete...

My SD card is 128GB, it is in exFat but I already tried with NTFS and FAT32, the same thing happens.

Any idea how to fix it?
Yes, known SD card issue on unofficial LOS17/18... Try third-party File manager (DocumentsUI), for example
https://mega.nz/#!Qk0zASpS!RIAksgcLSlR7hlXEyC-bqnBIdnzwIDed6mS9EtZAKVs

You can also choose another LOS, there is basically no difference between LOS15 and LOS17 :).
P.S.: LineageOS is fully compatible only with devices that are powered by Snapdragon, if I'm not mistaken.

michelolvera

Oct 7, 2020
Yes, known SD card issue on unofficial LOS17/18... Try third-party File manager (DocumentsUI), for example
https://mega.nz/#!Qk0zASpS!RIAksgcLSlR7hlXEyC-bqnBIdnzwIDed6mS9EtZAKVs

You can also choose another LOS, there is basically no difference between LOS15 and LOS17 :).
P.S.: LineageOS is fully compatible only with devices that are powered by Snapdragon, if I'm not mistaken.

I can live with that, I tried to flash the file in recovery that you sent me and although it completes the application does not appear installed, so I extracted it and installed the APK directly can I continue like this or should I flash again?

Last question, is there a way to update bromite web view? When I try to install the APK, it always ends with installation error.

Thanks for your help.

-Alf-

Sep 28, 2017
Huawei P9 Lite
Huawei P10 Lite

-Alf-

Sep 28, 2017
Huawei P9 Lite
Huawei P10 Lite
Flashed it, still no NFC options.

Download NFC_patch
- Install system.img from fastboot
- fastboot reboot > hold Volume Up > eRecovery > Shutdown.
- install TWRP-9.1
- in TWRP unmount all except SD Card , Vendor and System (unmount and mount again)
- flash nfc_hotspot_universal.zip
- fastboot reboot > hold Volume Up > eRecovery > Shutdown.
- flash stock recovery_ramdisk
- reboot again into eRecovery , now you can perform factory reset and boot up the ROM.

Screenshot_20210130-174114_Settings.png

Note: you can use this procedure additionally, with LOSQ on board:
- In TWRP unmount all except SD Card , Vendor and System (unmount and mount again if needed)
- Flash nfc_universal_patch
- From TWRP menu reboot into stock recovery and perform factory reset .

Last edited:
Reactions: avenger.forsyth

n.sim

Mar 24, 2017
Huawei P20 Lite
I've installed this rom and for now all works perfectly except all browsers (tried Chrome, Edge, brave, Chrome dev and beta) freezing after some time and then crashing..... Any fix for this?

Styleboila

Feb 8, 2016
Any Chance to geht NFC working without factory reset? My losq is working great exept this little issue

n.sim

Mar 24, 2017
Huawei P20 Lite
Chrome & Chrome Beta installed from Play Store worked for me (with pre-installed bromite system webview 85.0.4183.110 ).
Tried both of them but nothing, also with bromite. Now I'm with basic android sistem webview and i tried also the beta version but nothing works, I don't know what to do, maybe if i flash system.img from fastboot It will work? ( I flashed system via twrp btw)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those who want to try LineageOS 17.1/18.1-UNOFFICIAL-GSI . IMO stable enough to be used as your daily driver.

LOSQ/LiR is not developed nor maintained by me!
    Credits: @eremitein

Requirements: basically full stock EMUI 9.1, with stock recovery_ramdisk.

Note: I prefer to install in fastboot mode, it's quick, easy and most importantly, safe.

IMPORTANT! Before booting up the ROM, you will need to perform a factory reset in stock recovery!
    Install arm64-b.. only!

1. LOSQ - LineageOS 17.1-unofficial-GSI
    with the GAPPS
    GAPPS
    without GAPPS
    Vanilla
    -----------------------
    LiR- LineageOS 18.1-unofficial-GSI
    Download

2. Extract the ROM .img file from the compressed file.
    3. Flash extracted losq/lir... .img from fastboot , use command
    fastboot flash system (file_name).img
    4. Run command fastboot reboot, unplug your phone, when appears on screen yellow warning, press and hold for 3 sec Volume Up . In eRecovery select 'Wipe data/factory reset'.Reboot .

NFC :
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/losq-lineageos-17-1-unofficial-gsi.4219291/post-84394147

Magisk root (23.0):

(Note: If you don't plan to use TWRP, simply install patched Recovery_ramdisk in fastboot mode. Run command
    fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk magisk_patched-23.img ),

- download and install Magisk manager-23.apk:
    https://mega.nz/file/go0m2RiR#M5UTv6FPjWPtDaGPr-u2tpJMCwdf8uwnniZg69LiGfw

- Install TWRP-9.1
    https://mega.nz/#!tkcTlATI!A8UJGPBGtxJbLcUOJoxCGJj5PFZXzCnjbb3OkwqKTP8
    over eRecovery (it's necessary on EMUI 9.1):
    - copy TWRP file to the SD card, and also copy to the SD card patched Recovery_ramdisk:
    https://mega.nz/file/lp1kHLxJ#htCMaPjSsg_dy0w_jNOft-t_DZRAPwhOvwy_Wr2cjX8

- flash TWRP - run command
    fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk (TWRP's_name).img
    - boot into TWRP, select storage - SD Card, select "Install image", find TWRP-9.1.img file and mark eRecovery, swipe. Go back, find magisk_patched-23.img file, mark Recovery, swipe. Go back to the TWRP's main menu, select Reboot > Recovery. Done.
    Note: you then need to boot your phone every time via Recovery. It'll boot into android as normal but with root.

To remove Magisk reinstall stock recovery_ramdisk via TWRP or fastboot , download Here

How to boot into TWRP:
    - Turn off your phone, connect to the PC (or charger), then press and hold Power + Volume Up, device will reboot into eRecovery (= TWRP).

How to boot into patched Recovery :
    - Restart your phone, when appears the yellow warning on the screen, press and hold Volume Up for ~ 2 sec,
    release the button and immediately press and hold again for ~ 2 sec. Repeat it 6-7 times, the device will reboot into Stock Recovery (you can perform Wipe cache or Factory reset).

Tips:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/treble-gsi-favorite-gallery-camera-and-file-manager.4246019/
    Okay, I have enough gps to use that phone I think with google precision location. But I think if I had to daily dive a car I would get back to stock lol
    Hello, maybe I found how to fix GPS (I'm running Lir again :p ).
    I tried replace some files with default extracted from stock, and it worked :oops: .
    - Download files:
    - Go root/system/etc
    - Replace gps.debug.conf with downloaded gps.debug.conf file
    - Copy to system/etc also second file gps.debug
    - Open system/etc/permissions and copy here android.hardware.location.gps.xml file.
    Restart.
    Screenshot_20210510-133144_GPS_Test.pngScreenshot_20210510-133201_GPS_Test.pngScreenshot_20210510-133229_GPS_Test.png
    Did anyone testet LineageOS 18.1 as their daily driver and can give a review?
    I use it for about a week as daily driver.

I think it's a lot smoother in daily handling than stock ( I use it with nova launcher). After some tweaking every thing I need is working:
    • I get full safety net with magisk and hide props plugin. I also use systemless host. I do not see netflix in playstore, but I could install the app from apkmirror and start it . I don't have an account, so I can't tell if it really works.
    • NFC fix is installed and works. To use it with the german ausweisApp I had to install xposed and nfc extended module. My finding was, that enabled xposed kills safetynet status, so it's not active until I need it.
    • The german bank app dkb tan2go has a very aggressive root detection, it works while magisk is frozen (with titanium).
    • All other banking apps I tried did work with magisk hide (I don't use garmin pay with my watch, so I did not try google pay)
    • Switching audio after inserting / releasing wired headsets does work.
    • Fast charging works (did not try offline charging, I just switch my phone to flight mode if I don't use it)
    I just found two minor issues until now:
    • Bluetooth is sometimes a bit buggy: Headphones disconnect after starting to play audio - but this happens only for 1- 4 times, then the connection is stable. This affects different receiver, so I think it's a problem with the rom / the phone.
    • Signal meter for mobile radio does not work, but you can use apps/widgets from play store to show signal strength
    Hope this helps
    :cool:
    It may be due to Phenix Kernel. You don't need it at all, use it only when you need to switch SELinux.
    No, it's okay, now I tried it with latest Phenix installed, everything works like a charme (lir-v302-bgZ)
    Pardon my mistake, @TureX .
    LineageOS 18.1- unofficial GSI my experience: for huawei owners, this is basically the same ROM as 17.1 except of dynamic root (Z) - 18.1 is pre-rooted with the SuperUser (you can enable/disable superuser root without rebooting).
    Download:
    GAPPS
    Vanilla

Screenshot_20210302-225526_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210302-225652_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20210302-225032_PhhTrebleApp.png
    Screenshot_20210302-224902_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210302-225157_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20210302-225132_Trebuchet.png