if I stay on power button in fastboot, then it just restarts. I can not really turn off.
Ok, I turned it off in eRecovery and it boots now to TWRP, but the touchscreen is dead.
#Edit: just tried it another 2 times, now touchscreen works... strange.
For those who want to try LineageOS 17.1/18.1-UNOFFICIAL-GSI . IMO stable enough to be used as your daily driver.
LOSQ/LiR is not developed nor maintained by me!
Requirements: basically full stock EMUI 9.1, with stock recovery_ramdisk.
Note: I prefer to install in fastboot mode, it's quick, easy and most importantly, safe.
IMPORTANT! Before booting up the ROM, you will need to perform a factory reset in stock recovery!
Install arm64-b.. only!
1. LOSQ - LineageOS 17.1--unofficial-GSI
with the GAPPS GAPPS
without GAPPS Vanilla
LiR- LineageOS 18.1-unofficial--GSI Download
2. Extract the ROM .img file from the compressed file.
3. Flash extracted losq/lir... .img from fastboot , use command
fastboot flash system (file_name).img
4. Run command fastboot reboot, unplug your phone, when appears on screen yellow warning, press and hold for 3 sec Volume Up . In eRecovery select 'Wipe data/factory reset'.Reboot .
- flash TWRP - run command
fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk (TWRP's_name).img
- boot into TWRP, select storage - SD Card, select "Install image", find TWRP-9.1.img file and mark eRecovery, swipe. Go back, find magisk_patched-23.img file, mark Recovery, swipe. Go back to the TWRP's main menu, select Reboot > Recovery. Done.
Note: you then need to boot your phone every time via Recovery. It'll boot into android as normal but with root.
To remove Magisk reinstall stock recovery_ramdisk via TWRP or fastboot , download Here
How to boot into TWRP:
- Turn off your phone, connect to the PC (or charger), then press and hold Power + Volume Up, device will reboot into eRecovery (= TWRP).
How to boot into patched Recovery :
- Restart your phone, when appears the yellow warning on the screen, press and hold Volume Up for ~ 2 sec,
release the button and immediately press and hold again for ~ 2 sec. Repeat it 6-7 times, the device will reboot into Stock Recovery (you can perform Wipe cache or Factory reset).
Hello, maybe I found how to fix GPS (I'm running Lir again ).
I tried replace some files with default extracted from stock, and it worked .
- Download files: 1 2 3
- Go root/system/etc
- Replace gps.debug.conf with downloaded gps.debug.conf file
- Copy to system/etc also second file gps.debug
- Open system/etc/permissions and copy here android.hardware.location.gps.xml file.
I think it's a lot smoother in daily handling than stock ( I use it with nova launcher). After some tweaking every thing I need is working:
I get full safety net with magisk and hide props plugin. I also use systemless host. I do not see netflix in playstore, but I could install the app from apkmirror and start it . I don't have an account, so I can't tell if it really works.
NFC fix is installed and works. To use it with the german ausweisApp I had to install xposed and nfc extended module. My finding was, that enabled xposed kills safetynet status, so it's not active until I need it.
The german bank app dkb tan2go has a very aggressive root detection, it works while magisk is frozen (with titanium).
All other banking apps I tried did work with magisk hide (I don't use garmin pay with my watch, so I did not try google pay)
Switching audio after inserting / releasing wired headsets does work.
Fast charging works (did not try offline charging, I just switch my phone to flight mode if I don't use it)
I just found two minor issues until now:
Bluetooth is sometimes a bit buggy: Headphones disconnect after starting to play audio - but this happens only for 1- 4 times, then the connection is stable. This affects different receiver, so I think it's a problem with the rom / the phone.
Signal meter for mobile radio does not work, but you can use apps/widgets from play store to show signal strength