• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Lost all paid apps in market

Search This thread

Vulk_ZA

Oct 10, 2010
Had a response from Google: try a full wipe.

I hope they haven't sent this to people running full unrooted stock because they'll lose everything & still won't be able to use the store.

I'm running unrooted stock, and Google suggested that I try a full wipe.

Since I couldn't see how this would help fix the web Play Store, I felt fairly comfortable ignoring this advice.

Some additional information I noticed: the Play Store app on my device is stuck on version v3.4.7, even though everyone else I know has gotten an OTA update to v3.5.15. I tried downloading the v3.5.15 APK and installing it manually, and this resulted in me the "Error retrieving information from server. [RPC]" message that was described on AndroidCentral.

Incidentally, it was interesting to see how many people on the comments section there were having the same problem. I suspect this problem might actually be more widespread, and once the mainstream tech sites start to pick up on it we might start to get a better idea of what the real extent is.

summer_love

Jun 14, 2010
UK
I'm running unrooted stock, and Google suggested that I try a full wipe.

Since I couldn't see how this would help fix the web Play Store, I felt fairly comfortable ignoring this advice.

Some additional information I noticed: the Play Store app on my device is stuck on version v3.4.7, even though everyone else I know has gotten an OTA update to v3.5.15. I tried downloading the v3.5.15 APK and installing it manually, and this resulted in me the "Error retrieving information from server. [RPC]" message that was described on AndroidCentral.

Incidentally, it was interesting to see how many people on the comments section there were having the same problem. I suspect this problem might actually be more widespread, and once the mainstream tech sites start to pick up on it we might start to get a better idea of what the real extent is.

Right?! Wiping must have just been today's random answer.

Google will probably be kicking themselves for not sorting this out sooner if it does become widespread!

c0minatcha

Mar 12, 2012
Well,

I flashed a CM9 Rom, all good there and it works. I can DL apps, install, pay for apps etc.

However,
I've lost all my paid apps...the lot.

I have a Titanium backup and can use that to restore but the PlayStore just wont play!

Also under Google Chrome where you now have the "Play" tab...this allows me to view apps etc but it doesnt allow me to "Install" via the web to my phone anymore so that seems broken AND when I goto "My Android Apps" on the webpage I get "We're sorry, there was an error. Please try again later."

Its broke!

:mad:

bkanuka

Mar 9, 2011
Kingston
Pretty sure I once bought sound hound when it was a $0.10 app. Now I can't see that I've bought it. As far as I know all other apps I've purchased are still there. And I might be mistaken and didn't actually buy it.

Oh well, I don't use it that often. Just throwing in my experience.

rwurdig

Apr 2, 2011
I have the same problem and is a pain, i used backup pro to backup all my contacts and stuffs before i change my phone, and when i tried to recover it i cant, because it ask me to buy again, so whats the point in buy an applicative to backup ur phone if u cant restore it lol.
I asked the company and they told me to re-buy and then they will refund me the ammount.

Kurisu87

Jun 5, 2011
Scotland
Pretty sure I once bought sound hound when it was a $0.10 app. Now I can't see that I've bought it. As far as I know all other apps I've purchased are still there. And I might be mistaken and didn't actually buy it.

Oh well, I don't use it that often. Just throwing in my experience.

Welcome to "The Problem" my friend. Some purchased apps are sating to buy again, if you go in to your order history on the play website you will see you probably did buy it.

before I updated my rom (im guessing my play data was cached) I could see a load of my installed apps, when I clicked update i would get an error. If i uninstalled the app, it would ask me to buy.

all a bit meh tbf lol

dougxd

Dec 5, 2007
Maryland
Interestingly enough.... I can see all my apps, installed or not, paid or not. I just can't download anything...keep getting and error with either 941 or 971 error codes.

**Edit -- Things have magically started working again. I guess I better hurry up and get stuff installed before Google borks things up again. :-/

Last edited:

BzArEx

Nov 30, 2011
Rzeszow
I'm in exactly the same situation Google Play is dead and i can't install my apps what were bought. It should be temporary, isn't it?:confused:
Edit yay working now :)

Last edited:

Rydah

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 4, 2008
Southern California
I lost all apps!

Sent From My HTC Evo 3D, On The Now Network By Sprint.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1333062178279.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1333062178279.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 49

luciano.chavez

Mar 18, 2012
I am having the same issues where I keep getting errors trying to update to the new Google Maps using the latest Play Store app. I tried wiping data and no luck. So, I brought up the Google Play site from my web browser, selected to install it from there, it popped up a window with information about my phone and I confirmed and next thing I know my status bar shows it downloading Google Maps and it installed it! Again, this was done with the browser and not using the Play Store app. I hope it helps someone else!

p.s. I was using wi-fi when I tried this.

aussiebum

Dec 5, 2008
Just checked on my Galaxy Note, all my apps under My Apps (both the installed and "all" pages) show up fine, and even updated one of my apps.

The last time I had some weird issue with Play where My Apps was blank (both pages) was when I updated my Galaxy SII to ICS (LPQ build), installed Play version 3.5.15 and did a TB restore of my accounts I think. Fixed that simply by clearing cache and data in Google Play (and possibly rebooted).

EDIT: I might add Play was working fine yesterday too - downloaded two free games and installed fine last night.

Last edited:

wintermute000

Jul 13, 2010
Look guys, for all of you who fixed it via clearing cache etc. THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR YOU

THis thread is for those of us whom the local client side fixes (clearing cache, data, force closing play, clearing google service framework etc.) DOES NOT WORK and also in play web market IT ALSO COMES UP BLANK AND / OR YOUR PAID APPS DO NOT COME UP AS PAID.

THere is definitely a number of us whose accounts are borked and nothing we can do on the client side

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay, i was having the same issue on my 2.3.3 phone after a factory reset. Samsung Galaxy S2 if thats relevant.

Anyways, to fix it, i went to SETTINGS > APPLICATIONS > MANAGE APPS

From there, hit the ALL tab, and scroll until you find GOOGLE PLAY STORE. Hit the CLEAR DATA.

Go back to the Google Play Store, and it should ask you to agree to w/e it is it wants, then it should resync up the account. I was able to get my damned Tapatalk again.

Hope this works for you guys too!
    Anyone tried to connect to a 3g/wifi and manually sync your gmail account ? So far I observed is whenever I just wiped my phone. It will take awhile to fully synced back my email, contact, calendar and the last one which should be google market place.

Try don't take any attempts to make it work and let it be under internet connection and see if they will come back by their own. Just don't do any full wipe again, and performs a normal personal data restoration (like titanium backups). Let it be like 1 day normal usage with internet connectivity and see if those missing apps will appear back or not.

My personally experience is that I didn't actually take any action when I see them blank after full wipe. I proceed and busy with my gmail account login, sync back my contact and calendar, then performs titanium restoration and sms restoration. Eventually they just appeared after couple of hours or maybe 1 day or I dunno, I didn't actually care about it as I just know that they will come back to me and so far the app did appear back by its own in "My Apps" section.
    Okay, i was having the same issue on my 2.3.3 phone after a factory reset. Samsung Galaxy S2 if thats relevant.

Anyways, to fix it, i went to SETTINGS > APPLICATIONS > MANAGE APPS

From there, hit the ALL tab, and scroll until you find GOOGLE PLAY STORE. Hit the CLEAR DATA.

Go back to the Google Play Store, and it should ask you to agree to w/e it is it wants, then it should resync up the account. I was able to get my damned Tapatalk again.

Hope this works for you guys too!

Thanks, but we've tried that. A lot.

edit: XD Kurisu87 beat me to it!
    Fixed here too. It seems like the nightmare is finally over, at least for me!

FWIW, if anyone from Google is reading this thread: thanks for fixing this. I really do appreciate it. That said, next time something goes wrong with your services, some communication from your side would be nice too. I understand that systems break down sometimes, and I'm sympathetic. It's just that feeling of throwing emails into an abyss, with no hint as to whether anyone is even listening, that gets so frustrating.