Lost all paid apps in market

Search This thread

DragX

Jan 12, 2007
Bielsk Podlaski
www.e2o.pl
I can confirm that issue. After resetting phone to factory default settings Ive lost all my bought apps on Play Store.

Yet when I log in to play.google.com it shows that I still own those apps and I can install it with no problem from website.

You guys should check that too.

Best Regards, Simon.

PS. Holy cow Im here since 2007 and never posted... HAI GUYS! ;)

Last edited:

summer_love

Jun 14, 2010
UK
Look guys, for all of you who fixed it via clearing cache etc. THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR YOU

THis thread is for those of us whom the local client side fixes (clearing cache, data, force closing play, clearing google service framework etc.) DOES NOT WORK and also in play web market IT ALSO COMES UP BLANK AND / OR YOUR PAID APPS DO NOT COME UP AS PAID.

THere is definitely a number of us whose accounts are borked and nothing we can do on the client side

It might be worth editing the first post to make it extra clear that it's not client side & there's nothing we can do, might stop posts like that. Don't think people are reading the responses!

Kurisu87

Jun 5, 2011
Scotland
I can confirm that issue. After resetting phone to factory default settings Ive lost all my bought apps on Play Store.

Yet when I log in to play.google.com it shows that I still own those apps and I can install it with no problem from website.

You guys should check that too.

Best Regards, Simon.

PS. Holy cow Im here since 2007 and never posted... HAI GUYS! ;)

We have tried, it doesn't work.

summer_love

Jun 14, 2010
UK
Has anyone with this issue (dead play.google.com, RPC errors on device, NOT client side issues) tried enabling 2 step verification? Another thread said it worked, but I don't see how it would?

Y

yollasho

I posted in the thread earlier having already tried clearing caches and data which did nothing.

I just let it be and, at least for me, it appears the issue is resolved. I can now see my paid apps in Play Store under "all" whereas before it was blank and error messaging.

I am unrooted, all stock, did not factory reset.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

summer_love

Jun 14, 2010
UK
I posted in the thread earlier having already tried clearing caches and data which did nothing.

I just let it be and, at least for me, it appears the issue is resolved. I can now see my paid apps in Play Store under "all" whereas before it was blank and error messaging.

I am unrooted, all stock, did not factory reset.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

that's good! i still can't use play.google.com or the store on my xoom though :/

same errors.. anyway i hope wintermute000 at least got their account sorted too

Kurisu87

Jun 5, 2011
Scotland
after having the RPC error for around nearly a week, I am now getting "connection has timed out" even though my connection is fine (i can still use the web ect) seems they may be tinkering with something

punitanasazi

Jan 31, 2012
Bombay
Ok. Just happened to me too. Was updating my apps on my rooted tab 10.1 running am ICS kang rom and after updating about 8 apps it just stopped and i keep getting the following error

"Update could not be downloaded due to an error. (941)"

If I try to install either an app which is purchased but not installed or a new app I get a similar error, except the code is 921

In a way it is good that this happened when it did, cause I was just about to do a complete wipe and flash a new ROM! If it had happened after I would have been..... can you use swear words in these forums?? :p

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA

magiktrane

Jan 31, 2012
Doesn't help this problem as it is server side, not client side.

Maybe. But i had exactly the same problems as the other users (enable to get purchased apps even after clear, wipe, etc.) and by following this i can get them.

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

By the way, i wanted to share this:
so i follow link posted by me above. With old market i've been able to see again all my purchased apps and to re download them.
After that, in order to get a newer market play (v. 3.4.7 you can find in this forum) again, i deleted the old and reinstall the new. Finally, the page 'my applications' is now refilled as usual. Before that i get [rpc] error and it was blank.
I Don't tried with the newest market (3.5) til here. Btw, i'm on CM9.

wintermute000

Jul 13, 2010
Got this reply from google play support after sending them a logcat

"We are currently aware of this problem with Android apps on Google Play and are trying to resolve it. This complex issue involves several areas of the Google Play Store app and is not an easy fix, so I don’t have a good estimate on how long it will take us to resolve it. As soon as I have any updates, I’ll be the first to let you know."

Older market indeed shows up apps, but my PAID APPS ARE STILL BEING ASKED TO PAY AGAIN

summer_love

Jun 14, 2010
UK
Got this reply from google play support after sending them a logcat

"We are currently aware of this problem with Android apps on Google Play and are trying to resolve it. This complex issue involves several areas of the Google Play Store app and is not an easy fix, so I don’t have a good estimate on how long it will take us to resolve it. As soon as I have any updates, I’ll be the first to let you know."

Older market indeed shows up apps, but my PAID APPS ARE STILL BEING ASKED TO PAY AGAIN

Well at least this is a better response, in that it actually sounds like they paid attention. But I don't like the fact that they have no idea when it will be fixed!

Kurisu87

Jun 5, 2011
Scotland
Well at least this is a better response, in that it actually sounds like they paid attention. But I don't like the fact that they have no idea when it will be fixed!

Ditto, See its annoying and would be more so if it was something I could fix (if it was a client issue not a server one) but that being the case, I guess we will just have to sit tight, not buy anything.

At the end of the day, for google and the app devs, its a loss in revenue therefore its in their interest to fix it. I buy quite a few apps on a whim most days, so I guess its in their best interests to pull their finger out and get cracking on a solution.

Michealtbh

Nov 16, 2010
Belfast
Google Pixel 4
The store seems to have gotten much worse for me in the past hour. I can't download anything at all. I either get the dreaded RPC error or "there has been an error downloading your purchase", even with free apps.

Kurisu87

Jun 5, 2011
Scotland
The store seems to have gotten much worse for me in the past hour. I can't download anything at all. I either get the dreaded RPC error or "there has been an error downloading your purchase", even with free apps.

I have been having this since day one mate, it tends to come and go. I have just resorted to not buying or downloading anything and sticking with what I have. If I desperately need something, (free) I will source elsewhere. you can usually find what you need hanging about the internets.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay, i was having the same issue on my 2.3.3 phone after a factory reset. Samsung Galaxy S2 if thats relevant.

Anyways, to fix it, i went to SETTINGS > APPLICATIONS > MANAGE APPS

From there, hit the ALL tab, and scroll until you find GOOGLE PLAY STORE. Hit the CLEAR DATA.

Go back to the Google Play Store, and it should ask you to agree to w/e it is it wants, then it should resync up the account. I was able to get my damned Tapatalk again.

Hope this works for you guys too!
    Anyone tried to connect to a 3g/wifi and manually sync your gmail account ? So far I observed is whenever I just wiped my phone. It will take awhile to fully synced back my email, contact, calendar and the last one which should be google market place.

Try don't take any attempts to make it work and let it be under internet connection and see if they will come back by their own. Just don't do any full wipe again, and performs a normal personal data restoration (like titanium backups). Let it be like 1 day normal usage with internet connectivity and see if those missing apps will appear back or not.

My personally experience is that I didn't actually take any action when I see them blank after full wipe. I proceed and busy with my gmail account login, sync back my contact and calendar, then performs titanium restoration and sms restoration. Eventually they just appeared after couple of hours or maybe 1 day or I dunno, I didn't actually care about it as I just know that they will come back to me and so far the app did appear back by its own in "My Apps" section.
    Okay, i was having the same issue on my 2.3.3 phone after a factory reset. Samsung Galaxy S2 if thats relevant.

Anyways, to fix it, i went to SETTINGS > APPLICATIONS > MANAGE APPS

From there, hit the ALL tab, and scroll until you find GOOGLE PLAY STORE. Hit the CLEAR DATA.

Go back to the Google Play Store, and it should ask you to agree to w/e it is it wants, then it should resync up the account. I was able to get my damned Tapatalk again.

Hope this works for you guys too!

Thanks, but we've tried that. A lot.

edit: XD Kurisu87 beat me to it!
    Fixed here too. It seems like the nightmare is finally over, at least for me!

FWIW, if anyone from Google is reading this thread: thanks for fixing this. I really do appreciate it. That said, next time something goes wrong with your services, some communication from your side would be nice too. I understand that systems break down sometimes, and I'm sympathetic. It's just that feeling of throwing emails into an abyss, with no hint as to whether anyone is even listening, that gets so frustrating.