• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Lost IMEI after root

Search This thread

Raygen

Feb 21, 2014
Mantova
Hello all, I was asking if you can help me with an issue here.

While trying to root my Nord 2, I flashed the wrong boot.img version (A.10, while I was already update at the A.11), losing my WiFi and Bluetooth. So to recover them, I flashed the Full A.07 firmware and went back up to A.11 flashing the various OTAs. After flashing the A.07 firmware though, I've lost IMEI and Cellular functionality, and was never able to recover them.
I've done a backup of my nvram, nvdata, and nvcfg partitions before flashing, but restoring them didn't solve the issue.

I've use this guide for root: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/root-tool-oneplus-nord-2-oxygen-11-3-dn2103_11_a-xx-eea.4332959/
And this guide to flash A.07 and OTAs: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/oneplus-nord-2-oxygen-11-3-dn2103-eea-rom.4331695/

Does someone have any hints? Or should I send it back to Oneplus?

pankspoo

Jun 27, 2013
in front of ENCHILADA
Hello all, I was asking if you can help me with an issue here.

While trying to root my Nord 2, I flashed the wrong boot.img version (A.10, while I was already update at the A.11), losing my WiFi and Bluetooth. So to recover them, I flashed the Full A.07 firmware and went back up to A.11 flashing the various OTAs. After flashing the A.07 firmware though, I've lost IMEI and Cellular functionality, and was never able to recover them.
I've done a backup of my nvram, nvdata, and nvcfg partitions before flashing, but restoring them didn't solve the issue.

I've use this guide for root: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/root-tool-oneplus-nord-2-oxygen-11-3-dn2103_11_a-xx-eea.4332959/
And this guide to flash A.07 and OTAs: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/oneplus-nord-2-oxygen-11-3-dn2103-eea-rom.4331695/

Does someone have any hints? Or should I send it back to Oneplus?
You done the mess even I creted simple twrp and root method you choosed the patched boot.img way and This happened.
Try to restore your full backup of nandroid using twrp. Or fist install twrp and flash non patched boot images using twrp itself

Last edited:

Raygen

Feb 21, 2014
Mantova
You done the mess even I creted simple twrp and root method you choosed the patched boot.img way and This happened.
Try to restore your full backup of nandroid using twrp. Or fist install twrp and flash non patched boot images using twrp itself
Yeah I saw there was 2 different guides, I went with the newer one but it wasn't the right choice.
Already tried flashing a stock boot image, no change. Didn't do a Nandroid backup before hand, that's my bad.

BusterCZ

Dec 11, 2015
Well i am not happy to tell you, but if its true that partitions containing IMEI and WiFi connections got overwritten with nonsense information then the only thing that could save your phone is full nandroid backup which you do not have. And unfortunetly dont expect anyone else to provide it as that would mean that those 2 phones would have the same IMEI and MAC address.

I would suggest that you flash stock image, lock your bootloader and send it for RMA saying that you dont know what happened. You will have like 50/50 chance that they will just replace your motherboard without much of an investigation.

Raygen

Feb 21, 2014
Mantova
Well i am not happy to tell you, but if its true that partitions containing IMEI and WiFi connections got overwritten with nonsense information then the only thing that could save your phone is full nandroid backup which you do not have. And unfortunetly dont expect anyone else to provide it as that would mean that those 2 phones would have the same IMEI and MAC address.

I would suggest that you flash stock image, lock your bootloader and send it for RMA saying that you dont know what happened. You will have like 50/50 chance that they will just replace your motherboard without much of an investigation.
Yeah, I've already contacted OnePlus and I'm waiting for an RMA.
There's just a catch: I'm not able to re-lock the bootloader without getting the "boot image is corruptd" error. But I hope it's not an issue if I send it back all stock, with just the bootloader unlocked.

If you have europe Version of nord2, flash Version v07, then update with otas to v09, v10, v11 with twrp
Tried two times already, no change.

@Raygen did you get through with your imei repair? i have a similar issue.
Send it back to OnePlus sadly.

pankspoo

Jun 27, 2013
in front of ENCHILADA
There's just a catch: I'm not able to re-lock the bootloader without getting the "boot image is corruptd" error. But I hope it's not an issue if I send it back all stock, with just the bootloader unlocked.

Tried two times already, no change.

Send it back to OnePlus sadly.
Did any way you can flash stock. Firmware using sp flash tool of mediatek just like qualcoms MSM tool used for hardbricked devices

BusterCZ

Dec 11, 2015
Well my guess is that if they take a look at it and the bootloader will be unlocked they will send it back to you rejacted. Atleast that was my expirience once with my old Xiaomi phone. So probably try flashing original firmware using some kind of recovery utility such as Sp flash to help get rid of this message?

Raygen

Feb 21, 2014
Mantova
Did any way you can flash stock. Firmware using sp flash tool of mediatek just like qualcoms MSM tool used for hardbricked devices
Well my guess is that if they take a look at it and the bootloader will be unlocked they will send it back to you rejacted. Atleast that was my expirience once with my old Xiaomi phone. So probably try flashing original firmware using some kind of recovery utility such as Sp flash to help get rid of this message?
I would like to use Sp flash but I don't know where I could find the files for the Nord 2 to use with it. Like the scatter file and the firmware in Raw format