Question Lost Root Access

Search This thread

WhalePC

Oct 10, 2022
Just recently checked and my phone no longer has root access. I'm not sure what happened as the boot.img is still there. I checked the version of my device and it updated itself automatically from 13.0.6 to 13.0.7. I am just wondering if it's because my phone updated to a different version that I lost root access.. or if it's something else. I've disabled the auto-update, but is there a way to get my root access back without having to reinstall everything from a clean slate? I'm very new to rooting so I don't understand much.

Can someone tell me why I lost root access, how to prevent it, and how to reinstall root without losing all my data? Here are the specs for my phone:
  • Xiaomi MIUI Global 13.0.7 Stable
  • Android Ver 12
I used this guide to root my phone previously:

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
Just recently checked and my phone no longer has root access. I'm not sure what happened as the boot.img is still there. I checked the version of my device and it updated itself automatically from 13.0.6 to 13.0.7. I am just wondering if it's because my phone updated to a different version that I lost root access.. or if it's something else. I've disabled the auto-update, but is there a way to get my root access back without having to reinstall everything from a clean slate? I'm very new to rooting so I don't understand much.

Can someone tell me why I lost root access, how to prevent it, and how to reinstall root without losing all my data? Here are the specs for my phone:
  • Xiaomi MIUI Global 13.0.7 Stable
  • Android Ver 12
I used this guide to root my phone previously:
The update replaced the modified boot.img.
You need to repatch the boot.img.

WhalePC

Oct 10, 2022
Wait so which steps do I change to repatch? Do I just follow the steps again to get a new boot.img then patch that one in Magisk?