Question Lost root after system update

Search This thread

Tokic

Apr 17, 2021
Hi. So I rooted my OnePlus9 Pro after I bought it. But few days ago I updated it to Oxygen OS 11,2,3,3,LE15BA

And now I lost my root.

Can someone please tell me what I need to do to regain root access?

zoman7663

• May 23, 2010
    Columbia, MD
    So I went to this topic https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/magisk-patched-boot-images-for-all-builds.4262015/

Downloaded this
    Which one of those 4 files I need to patch via Magisk and which one do I need to flash via Fastboot?
    The first boot.img is stock, the second one is "patched" with Magisk, the last 2 are just hash values used to compare what the value is supposed to compared to what you download to ensure the integrity of the download. So the short answer is if you want root, the second one, "patched" img

schmeggy929

Recognized Themer
    Apr 13, 2008
    New Jersey
    OnePlus 9 Pro
    Reactions: Tokic

Bunecarera

• Mar 4, 2008
    OnePlus 9 Pro
    First, you need to read a bit more before doing stuff like Rooting, updating when rooted,...
    Everything is explained here. Just need to to do a bit of digging so you can confidently do stuff. And when in doubt, ask before doing.

The first sticky thread has all the info you need.

To update when rooted, do THIS. Works perfect.

djsubterrain

• Jan 4, 2012
    Livingston
    OnePlus 9 Pro
    Hi. So I rooted my OnePlus9 Pro after I bought it. But few days ago I updated it to Oxygen OS 11,2,3,3,LE15BA

And now I lost my root.

Can someone please tell me what I need to do to regain root access?

Follow the directions above, the next time you update the rom, ensure you install the update but do not reboot the phone, then go into Magisk and choose "Install to Inactive Slot (After OTA)", that way your newly updated rom should boot with root already applied. Magisk will then ask to reboot and should do so into the new version.

Reactions: Candiana and Tokic

flaxjef

Apr 16, 2008
    Which version are you using?
    I use 22.1 and the option is still there...
    Screenshot_20210418-190521.jpg

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone