lost root and other issues

Search This thread

bajasur

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 19, 2012
San Clemente
Just wanted to share my bizarre experience..

So last night I was trying to flash a new ROM and I accidentally wiped internal storage during the process, killing my nandroid and everything. I had no OS installed and was basically "soft bricked".

I ram wugfresh's nexus toolkit to reflash the stock image. During this, the toolkit told me that my super SU was outdated as well as TWRP and needed to install updates so I allowed them.

I re unlocked and rooted and installed custom recovery, but once I opened superSU in the ROM it said "no binary has been installed, if you are running android 4.3 you will need to manually root device, please follow forums for support".

I ended up just running the root script in the nexus toolkit and it actually worked the second time in gaining root access.

However... This is the strange part. I have has stability issues and lag since I reinstalled root this time. Paranoid android won't recognize my device in the OTA updater and something just feels off.

Hopefully this won't happen to any of you. I'm going to flash back to stock and retry.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

U

Username invalid

I've seen some other people also have problem with SuperSU. Downgrading from v1.65 to 1.55 apparently fixed whatever problem they had.