Lost Widevine L1 after upgrading to Android 11

Search This thread

ninjakira

Nov 6, 2016
batavia, ohio
Title says it all. I never trusted Lenovo with updates. They always manage to **** something up! Anyway to get it back? Will downgrading to Android 10 fix it?
I mean mine is fine so not sure why yours dropped honestly, fully rooted with magisk the uses zygisk and using kdragons safety net fix

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220721-040854-524.png
    Screenshot_20220721-040854-524.png
    128.1 KB · Views: 5

ninjakira

Nov 6, 2016
batavia, ohio
Try jsut reflashing the stock firmware, thats the best I can say to a possible fix, you can't downgrade due to downgrade protections that I believe are found within the gpt file unless thats changed

ninjakira

Nov 6, 2016
batavia, ohio
View attachment 5665339
Mine shows this in DRM info.

Can I reflash stock without factory reset?

View attachment 5665339
Mine shows this in DRM info.

Can I reflash stock without factory reset?
Unfortunately no, what you could do before doing the reflash is just doing a backup, you can use the backup option the phone/Google provides in settings if you want, personally that's what I do but I don't use twrp either so I'm not sure if you have twrp and if twrp affects that. I will say though I also have the Motorola edge 2021 and when I unlocked the bootloader while it was still on Android 11 my widevine got dropped down to L3 but then I did the ota to Android 12 since I didn't use magisk at that time yet and I'm not sure what I did or anything like that but my widevine went back to L1 and it's stayed that way since and I got 2021 in may, could be a similar thing happening with you just with the 2020 model. I can also say since I still own the Moto edge 2020 and got it on day of release I never had an issue with my widevine being dropped to L3 as shown in my screenshot it's on L1 using dev check, and I did just download DRM info to double-check that on the Moto edge 2020 and it is still showing L1 so I can't say if doing a reflash of the Android 11 firmware will work but it might. I've had to reflash The 2020 edge hella including using a blank flash to get it out of hard brick and it still hasn't dropped to L3 once

George Malas

Jan 13, 2016
Google Pixel 3 XL
Motorola Edge
when I unlocked the bootloader while it was still on Android 11 my wide Vine got dropped down to L3
Thing is I've never unlocked the bootloader on this phone nor rooted it. Only thing I did is have it perform multiple OTAs one after the other when I decided to upgrade to Android 11. Maybe something got corrupted during that? 🤔

Anyway, thanks for the help. I may just leave it as is since I'm worried I'll screw up reflashing it lol.

ninjakira

Nov 6, 2016
batavia, ohio
Thing is I've never unlocked the bootloader on this phone nor rooted it. Only thing I did is have it perform multiple OTAs one after the other when I decided to upgrade to Android 11. Maybe something got corrupted during that? 🤔

Anyway, thanks for the help. I may just leave it as is since I'm worried I'll screw up reflashing it lol.
Oh if your bootloader is locked and everything and you just been doing the OTAs that's 100% just some random BS lmao that's actually a situation if you know the phone still in warranty you can probably call Motorola about that and get a replacement fr lol, and I'll be the one to say/ask it since other people will probably see this and be like yo what the hek, how is it you're a senior member but you're worried you'll screw up reflashing it lol jsut use the moto flash utility provided here (not being a butt I swear, text makes me sound bad lmao) 😅 really unless you're trying to watch Hulu and Netflix exclusively on your phone widevine honestly is not that important to deal with either I don't think Spotify is affected by it so your music quality "should" be the same still at least but again idk for sure since I haven't had widevine issues with mine, jsut the 2021 model, but that fixed itself otaing to 12 lol