• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General Lots of microscratches

Search This thread

mestermagyar

Jul 9, 2014
I have been using this phone for about 2 weeks now. I never put it in one pocket with keys and did not drop it as of date.

What I have noticed is that Gorilla glass Victus is pretty bad at microscratches (I heard its a bit softer). There are well over a dozen scratches on the surface by now and it is not obvious to me that any hard material comes to contact with my phone that could be causing them other than random grains of sand.

How does your phones fare in this regard?

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Sand and grit. It will mar any glass.
Even dry skin is abrasive to glass.
Use a plastic screen protector some of which actually hold up better than glass. I use Gorilla IQ Sheild, a wet apply that lasts 6-12 months.
My 10+ is over 1.5 years old with no scratches whatsoever on the display.

Reactions: 5tormChild

epaladin

Jul 17, 2014
I have been using this phone for about 2 weeks now. I never put it in one pocket with keys and did not drop it as of date.

What I have noticed is that Gorilla glass Victus is pretty bad at microscratches (I heard its a bit softer). There are well over a dozen scratches on the surface by now and it is not obvious to me that any hard material comes to contact with my phone that could be causing them other than random grains of sand.

How does your phones fare in this regard?

I got a few scratches (2-3) in the first few days and didn't notice any new ones lately. I guess it helped that I vacuumed the pockets in my work clothes :D

ponchofiesta

May 12, 2009
Berlin
osor.de
ASUS ZenFone 8
Same here. I mostly use the phone with me right thumb. I can see tiny scratches exactly there. My typical scroll move.

Actually I want to use a screen protector but there seems to be no protector that doesn't stops the fingerprint reader from working.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sand and grit. It will mar any glass.
    Even dry skin is abrasive to glass.
    Use a plastic screen protector some of which actually hold up better than glass. I use Gorilla IQ Sheild, a wet apply that lasts 6-12 months.
    My 10+ is over 1.5 years old with no scratches whatsoever on the display.