• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Love Mei Case Review

Search This thread

skrapi

Dec 31, 2010
Cardigan
Hey everyone.

I've had the case for a couple of days now testing it.

I have to day... I love it.

Design:
Stunning. Smooth, solid, heavy and all round perfect. Feels really good in the hands with the rubber and it just feels safe.

Strength:
Stupid. Basically. Chucked in on a very bumpy and stone floor outside a work shop and couple of scratches on the case and that's it. Nothing came off it and sounded like I dropped a brick. Was sanding my mates car and painting it. Left my phone in my pocket and had a few heavy corner hits to it from the car and no damage at all. No paint inside or dust. There was a lot of dust in the shed.

Usability:
If you don't mind the Note 2 size but and thicker then this case will do you fine. No nerves about dropping it into water or anything. Used it in the rain and nothing. (Heavy rain for 10 minutes).

Cons:
In call. People can't hear you very well. The mic is covered by waterproof/resistant sheet which muffles it a lot apparently. If you don't mind talking louder you are fine. My Grandad is 80 and he could hear me.

The WiFi signal is dropped by 2 bars. So I can't use it in my bedroom. But phone signal is not affected.

Here are some pictures for you.
dybemery.jpg
hejetysy.jpg
a2emudus.jpg
derupe9e.jpg
5etymugy.jpg
aqyqesu8.jpg
herapysa.jpg
uraqyva5.jpg
qypyte5a.jpg
7eda4ydy.jpg
yqudujy2.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

skrapi

Dec 31, 2010
Cardigan
great review. thanks.

***EDIT***

does this case have gorilla glass?

Yes very nice gorilla glass 2 I think

How much is the case from them? I kind of thinking getting this instead of the obex

Sent from my Bonestock S4

I got it from eBay for £39.99. I would recommend this case. Not sure what over is like so can't really say if this case is better or not

waderedsox

Jul 8, 2010
Can you give the link from ebay or the seller?
btw nice review!!! :):):)

this isnt the same seller skrappi used, but its where i ordered mine, and its a buit cheaper, but look around, bsellers come on and offline alot with these things, but beware of the knockoffs, there's a knockoff called pepk, the best way i can figure to tell the difference is that the pepk case only comes in two colors
http://www.ebay.com/itm/171107586380?var=470280573558&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

skrapi

Dec 31, 2010
Cardigan
this isnt the same seller skrappi used, but its where i ordered mine, and its a buit cheaper, but look around, bsellers come on and offline alot with these things, but beware of the knockoffs, there's a knockoff called pepk, the best way i can figure to tell the difference is that the pepk case only comes in two colors
http://www.ebay.com/itm/17110758638...eName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

The pepk case looks more solid built. The love mei is more rounded.

Color wise they both have the same.
And thanks. :)
The link for the case is here:
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=271254811337

It's UK based.

lambstone

Mar 27, 2008
Huawei P20 Pro
Redmi K20 Pro
60$? Try 96$ on the love mei website

Sent from my Bonestock S4

Ok. We'll still fall back to the previous argument. "$60? It must be a fake since the love mei website sells for $96" At this point of time, we'll think that whoever charges higher must be legit.

For instance, I'm now selling the OFFICIAL LEGIT GENUINE Love Mei Case on my blog for only $300. Comes with FREE EXPRESS shipping. There will be some idiots who believe it is safer to buy from me because of my higher price.

poncespr

Jul 22, 2007
Vega Baja
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

blackbeagle

Aug 30, 2013
question about the case

I should receive mine in a few weeks as I ordered it on Ebay for about $33 shipped. I do agree that the Pepk is a knock off and doesn't offer gorilla glass. Anyways, what concerns me the most is losing certain features like NFC, Sbeam, 1-2 bars of signal strength.

I bought an aluminum case for this about a month ago. Unfortunately I had to return it because I lost one bar consistently. Now this even with the back cover of the S4 removed. You have to remove it to fit into this case. I took it out and I got the bar back. So I knew it was due to the case.

Now with this case, it's even thicker AND you don't remove the back. That means more rubber, metal to go through. That's what worries me most. Waterproof? I don't plan to swim with it or use it while I"m paddling a canoe. But for those times where I'm using the john and I drop it on the toilet (which I've done 3 times to my phones), I want to be able to grab it (yes, I'm going right in) and rinse it off without ruining the phone.

Some have said they plan to put a strip of copper foil underneath the case to extend the signal quality. Not sure if that will work or how they plan to do it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone.

I've had the case for a couple of days now testing it.

I have to day... I love it.

Design:
    Stunning. Smooth, solid, heavy and all round perfect. Feels really good in the hands with the rubber and it just feels safe.

Strength:
    Stupid. Basically. Chucked in on a very bumpy and stone floor outside a work shop and couple of scratches on the case and that's it. Nothing came off it and sounded like I dropped a brick. Was sanding my mates car and painting it. Left my phone in my pocket and had a few heavy corner hits to it from the car and no damage at all. No paint inside or dust. There was a lot of dust in the shed.

Usability:
    If you don't mind the Note 2 size but and thicker then this case will do you fine. No nerves about dropping it into water or anything. Used it in the rain and nothing. (Heavy rain for 10 minutes).

Cons:
    In call. People can't hear you very well. The mic is covered by waterproof/resistant sheet which muffles it a lot apparently. If you don't mind talking louder you are fine. My Grandad is 80 and he could hear me.

The WiFi signal is dropped by 2 bars. So I can't use it in my bedroom. But phone signal is not affected.

Here are some pictures for you.
    dybemery.jpg
    hejetysy.jpg
    a2emudus.jpg
    derupe9e.jpg
    5etymugy.jpg
    aqyqesu8.jpg
    herapysa.jpg
    uraqyva5.jpg
    qypyte5a.jpg
    7eda4ydy.jpg
    yqudujy2.jpg

Can you give the link from ebay or the seller?
    btw nice review!!! :):):)
    How about pouring the water on it ?
    Nice cover, also good clear pictures :)