Low Battery Capacity - 3700 mAH against 4000 specified for k20 pro

Search This thread

crzykiller

Sep 20, 2012
Alright this has to stop. Everyone here mentioning they have 3700mah capacity are a bunch of idiots who aren't doing proper testing. This has happened countless times in other threads for other phones and it's always the same.

Accu battery is wrong. Accu battery doesn't take into account the energy consumption of the phone while charging. It doesn't take into account a few other things. Accu battery is innacurate. The only way to make it slightly more accurate, is use a 1A charger MAXIMUM, all apps forced to not wake the phone, all settings off with airplane mode on, etc.
You guys are giving Xiaomi a bad name by doing this crap because you guys are ignorant as all hell.

nakulp

May 25, 2011
СПБ
Redmi K20 Pro
Realme X2 Pro
Alright this has to stop. Everyone here mentioning they have 3700mah capacity are a bunch of idiots who aren't doing proper testing. This has happened countless times in other threads for other phones and it's always the same.

Accu battery is wrong. Accu battery doesn't take into account the energy consumption of the phone while charging. It doesn't take into account a few other things. Accu battery is innacurate. The only way to make it slightly more accurate, is use a 1A charger MAXIMUM, all apps forced to not wake the phone, all settings off with airplane mode on, etc.
You guys are giving Xiaomi a bad name by doing this crap because you guys are ignorant as all hell.

+1 mate

sdhawan

Jun 19, 2011
Redmi K20 Pro
I have been testing battery health using Accu battery app on various models in last 3-4 years. The results were quite accurate all the time. But with new fast battery charging technologies and in a run to publicite the lesser charge time and to protect batteries, companies are doing all this.

9rav44n

Nov 27, 2019
Can we replace our k 20 pro battery with new one of higher capacity and of same size.
I have seen this on YouTube a guy h done this to his iphone 10 battery and replace it with a iphone 10 max battery.
We have to find a larger capacity with same dimensions

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Xiaomi Mi 11
Can we replace our k 20 pro battery with new one of higher capacity and of same size.
I have seen this on YouTube a guy h done this to his iphone 10 battery and replace it with a iphone 10 max battery.
We have to find a larger capacity with same dimensions
I had Huawei P9 and after 2,5 years I replaced its original 4 mAh battery with the one 4.4 mAh (it had pretty good marks on Internet - but usually given shortly after the buyers received batteries and put then to their phone so)

I don't know what was its real power but after 3 or 4 months the battery started to behave strange. Tried to calibrate the battery but no avail

Eventually I reopened my P9 and put back its original, old battery

Last edited:

jamalikos1

Aug 8, 2019

did you see my post???? i dont using accubattary
it seems to be locked in 3758/4000mah

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200218-133744.jpg
    Screenshot_20200218-133744.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 284

bal12452

May 14, 2008
Hi everybody,
I'm having the same "issue", Accubattery showing me that my battery health is only about 3200mah.

I was very suspicious, because on other phones, even with fast charging, like my P10000 Pro and its custom 5V 5A charger, results were correct.

So I've tested the battery with an UM34C charge meter and an (original) iPhone 5V 1A charger.

Post edited !!!
I have made a mistake when doing measures first time, and found only 2800mah from the UM34C the second time.
After some research, it appear that it's not the correct way to measure battery capacity.
What is needed is a way to count how much mA per hour go OUT off the battery at the specified voltage.

Last edited:
Reactions: MnMchill

Smilou95

Jul 17, 2019
Accubattery is not very accurate. Mine shows 90% battery health. Using logs, dial *#*#6485#*#*, check on the internet, my battery health is 97%.

HorseyMD

Apr 29, 2020
Mine also says 3700 mAh. Unless someone posts a photo showing a battery capacity higher than 3750 or so, I think it's safe to say the stated battery capacity is hogwash.

EDIT: Just saw the other posts, disregard my comment [emoji28]
Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

Burs

Oct 24, 2012
I'm a software developer. Don't believe everything it tells you :) Instead of believing its voodoo magic calculates undeniable numbers, purchase a quality hardware USB tester and measure how much mAh goes from charger on one side to the phone on other side. Ofcourse you do that when battery is completely drained. That will tell you how much charge the battery (in its current shape) can actually hold. Pure physics. No fake advertisement. Case closed.

McFlypants

Mar 22, 2013
Xiaomi 12
I checked my battery with platform-tools and "adb shell dumpsys battery", because it doesn't last long.

Accubattery said i have only 2990 mAh left. I couldn't believe it, so i tried the adb-command.

It indeed said less than 3000 mAh. But while the phone was connected via USB, it charged. It had 100%, but still charged. Now after like 30 minutes, the adb-command says that i have 3300 mAh. Let's see, where it stops.

It might have to do with the charger you use. I always use fast charging, now it's charging slow.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have done rigorous testing with accu battery and found that battery capacity is around 3700 mAH against 4000 mAH specified.
    I am using phone from last 6 days. 13 charge sessions, total 463% charged for 17177 mAH.
    Refer attached screenshot.
    Would request other k20 pro users to test and post there results.
    Screenshot
    view
    Accubattery is just an app created to push you some ads for money or sell you pro version for some dollars(i.e., they only care about money) It is just a scam app. Just report it at playstore. It surprised me that people trust some random app more than a billion dollar company.
    I never believed what these apps say so I decided to buy a couple of USB tester. First fully 0-100 charge I did and the reading was 4086 mAh. I let the phone "die" and never turned it ON until I could verify in the USB tester it was not requesting more current from the outlet. Mi 9T Pro happy user here.
    AccuBattery algorithm is not optimised for fast changing. Check with a usb pd tester for accurate readings.
    Stop misleading people. Charge your phone properly to full before jumping to conclusions.

QuJRa0k.png