Low light

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
At the club, at the bar, or just in your mom's basement, nighttime is when you come out to play. Rate this thread to express how the LG G5's camera performs when no or low light is present. A higher rating indicates that the camera sensor "sees" lots of light in dim conditions, and that the resulting photos have minimal noise. A higher rating also indicates that when the flash fires, the resulting photo is evenly-lit without any bright spots.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

eco_eco_eco

Apr 14, 2016
Padova (PD)
At the club, at the bar, or just in your mom's basement, nighttime is when you come out to play. Rate this thread to express how the LG G5's camera performs when no or low light is present. A higher rating indicates that the camera sensor "sees" lots of light in dim conditions, and that the resulting photos have minimal noise. A higher rating also indicates that when the flash fires, the resulting photo is evenly-lit without any bright spots.

a little bit too noisy and green toned when you take a picture in low light condition or in night with artificial light (like yellow street light)

but in manual mode you can set properly the setting (especially the ISO) to remove the noise problem or the green light factor.

Last edited:

galr

Jun 18, 2014
Hum maybe we can take pics and post them here but only low light pics

I think this link has better quality:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-D1R0L7NVDIdk42Zld1UWtDUVdsd0ZzRlB2R3lkc2thdEFB

Hi, just sharing as someone asked. It wasn't meant to be a nice image, just a low light example. There are a lot of details and I think it did a good job. Photo is handheld, no flash, auto, main camera.
Note: the acene is actually a bit darker than represented in the photo.

Last edited:

batkinson001

May 1, 2012
Oshawa
a little bit too noisy and green toned when you take a picture in low light condition or in night with artificial light (like yellow street light)

but in manual mode you can set properly the setting (especially the ISO) to remove the noise problem or the green light factor.

Can you recommend the settings to use? I am new with this phone and have a concert on Wednesday to goto and I would like to get good pics. On my htc one m8 I was able to keep the camera on iso400 and the pics were alright.

eco_eco_eco

Apr 14, 2016
Padova (PD)
Can you recommend the settings to use? I am new with this phone and have a concert on Wednesday to goto and I would like to get good pics. On my htc one m8 I was able to keep the camera on iso400 and the pics were alright.

depends,
it's manual,
each situation has its own specific settings,
you should study a bit about photography, i'll help you but the guides I know are all in Italian,
alternatively ask someone you know some information, nowadays there are a lot of skilled photographers.

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

good idea

batkinson001

May 1, 2012
Oshawa
Was at the Primal Fear show last night at the mod club in Toronto Canada and zoomed in pics all look like garbage... . Worse than my old HTC one m8. The videos fared a bit better once I got the focus to work, but still aren't perfect, the sound didn't turn out great, must have been way too loud for the phone in its life proof case.

galr

Jun 18, 2014
Was at the Primal Fear show last night at the mod club in Toronto Canada and zoomed in pics all look like garbage... . Worse than my old HTC one m8. The videos fared a bit better once I got the focus to work, but still aren't perfect, the sound didn't turn out great, must have been way too loud for the phone in its life proof case.

Make sure you lens is clean. I keep a cleaning cloth with me all the time. It really makes a HUGE difference.

galr

Jun 18, 2014
My phone should be pristine in its life proof case. . Does having the camera accessory make a difference?

No it doesn't make a difference in quality.
The fact that your phone is in a case doesnt dismiss you from cleaning some glass. Convert smudges makes photos look pretty bad.

Edit: wait.. Which camera accessory? If camera module then no.

Hreidmar

May 8, 2012
The low light performance is alright on Auto mode but if you know how to take picture on Manual mode then it's a lot better especially with a tiny touch of Snapseed for sharing. :p

duffguy123

Jan 2, 2012
I had to change the camera because the OEM camera began to malfunction with it's zooming. I think it's ok now as the replacement was supposed to be OEM.

manganoid

Sep 30, 2011
Lotta noise in low light-very disappointing, but yes, has good details and yes, clean the camera glass often, it really makes a difference.

xxmarkosxx

Feb 25, 2009
Very bad quality, the fault is in lg camera app. With Gcamera the quality is very good, but with this app I cannot save in sd only in internal

IAmSushiBoy

Aug 5, 2014
Help

Hi Guys any help regarding google camera in low light i'm seeing this artifacts even while i'm taking some
pictures using google cam in low light i can see this artifacts also at Messenger/IG at rear cam

btw im using LGG5 H830 or maybe this is a hardware issue?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.