Low light

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
At the club, at the bar, or just in your mom's basement, nighttime is when you come out to play. Rate this thread to express how the Xiaomi Poco X2's camera performs when no or low light is present. A higher rating indicates that the camera sensor "sees" lots of light in dim conditions, and that the resulting photos have minimal noise. A higher rating also indicates that when the flash fires, the resulting photo is evenly-lit without any bright spots.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

AsjadLP

Jul 26, 2016
I dont think so majority of people know how to make the best use of pro mode.

It's terrible in low-light. Use Google cam for usable images in low-light.

I uploaded a picture on reddit
r/PocoPhones/comments/gl1kro/shot_with_only_1_minute_difference_above_was_shot/

add www[dot]reddit[dot]com[slash] before, as xda doesnt allow new returned users to post link.

I clicked this picture with pro mode, It turned to be awesome!

rap2191

Mar 21, 2013

add www[dot]reddit[dot]com[slash] before, as xda doesnt allow new returned users to post link.

Obviously long-exposure shots will be brighter than regular shots. Not everyone will use a tripod, I'm talking about Night mode.

The phone's hardware is fine, great in fact. But the software is just awful. Here are some shots using Gcam and stock cam. The first 2 are from stock cam, night mode on, badly over-processed, and noisy as hell. The 3rd and 4th shots are cleaner, less noise, more vivid, and a lot more detailed are from Gcam.

Attachments

• IMG_20200517_181340.jpg
    IMG_20200517_181340.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 444
  • IMG_20200517_181317.jpg
    IMG_20200517_181317.jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 446
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Obviously long-exposure shots will be brighter than regular shots. Not everyone will use a tripod, I'm talking about Night mode.

The phone's hardware is fine, great in fact. But the software is just awful. Here are some shots using Gcam and stock cam. The first 2 are from stock cam, night mode on, badly over-processed, and noisy as hell. The 3rd and 4th shots are cleaner, less noise, more vivid, and a lot more detailed are from Gcam.