• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

low temperature unable to charge battery

Search This thread

fordream

Aug 16, 2012
Bangkok
screenshot_20131209022335.jpg

1450350_614590278602591_1325826423_n.jpg

I have a problem with charging the battery
I do not know why What should I do?

Rom D80210B_00 (Thailand) :crying:

Last edited:

adamtower

Jan 9, 2014
Same Issue

I am having the exact same issue on my G2. I have it in a repair shop currently and I will let you know what they find out. Have you dropped or damaged your phone in any way? Mine only started doing this after I dropped it and cracked the screen. I have the screen repaired and then that error message started showing up. I figured I would reset the phone and see if it made the error message go away, well when I turned the phone off...it wouldnt turn back on. so i took it to the repair shop and they fixed it!

It turns on no problem and the new screen is perfect. well, that was for about 2 days, then the error messaged popped up again, I reset the phone, it powered right back on and the message was gone. the next day, same Low Temp message AGAIN! I reset the phone and it would not power back on. Its at the repair shop again, 3rd time in a week, to try and figure it out. I'll keep ya posted and if you fix yours let me know!

-Adam

Shuffle68

Jan 7, 2014
Schalkwijk
LG G2 "Solved it" low temperature unable to charge battery

Hi,

I too had the same problems as you, also after i received the Phone back after fixing an broken screen.
The Phone says it's charging, but it isn't.
I noticed a very very thin gab on the left top of the back cover.
I opened the Phone, and saw that the top cover (where the power buttun is) wasn't at his precise place.
It really was a fraction of a millimeter, but still.
I unscrewed it and noticed that there is a very very thin line for the corners, so to get it good on his place you have to first put in the corners of the plate then lower it before screwing it back tight.
Now my back cover closed correctly everywhere.
I put in the charger and voilla, it charged again like it should..:good:

i hope this can help you people somehow.

Good luck.

huff

Last edited:
Reactions: jonstrong

mafifi2

Mar 7, 2014
Problem Update

Adam,

I have the same problem, do you have any update?
Is it fixed or NOT?
and if fixed what was the problem?

Regards,

danielr410

Apr 18, 2011
Hello.

I'm having this problem on AT&T G2 (D800). Yesterday I tried to put a hair dryer on the back for a while and started to charge until it was 100%, now it was on 26% of charge and plugged it but started to show the message again. Then I tried another shot with the hair dryer but didn't worked this time.

Also I tried to restart the phone but it never power back on. Does anyone have a solution? It's really dissapointing having a $400 paperweight.

BTW, ask for a replacement is not an option.

chrismc1008

Jul 18, 2014
Hello.

I'm having this problem on AT&T G2 (D800). Yesterday I tried to put a hair dryer on the back for a while and started to charge until it was 100%, now it was on 26% of charge and plugged it but started to show the message again. Then I tried another shot with the hair dryer but didn't worked this time.

Also I tried to restart the phone but it never power back on. Does anyone have a solution? It's really dissapointing having a $400 paperweight.

BTW, ask for a replacement is not an option.

So, this just happend to me, Same problem with "low temperature unable to charge", I tried to restart my phone. but it went off and didnt come back on, Did YOU find a solution??

fon8686

Nov 11, 2014
Lg g2 screen crack low temperature no charge

I am having the same exact issue. Screen cracked and after being fixed gave me that low temp message. Now it won't turnon. Anybody have any fixes???

ladislav4

Feb 21, 2013
Roznava
Hi I have same issue....sometime when I unconnect the battery then it works and shows normal temp of the battery and charging works .... but later it shows -30C (-22F) ...and phone wont turn on I must open cover and disconnect/connect battery...I dont know where is the sensor for the battery temp....I also try to bend a connector on motherboard then its works..but after several days it wont turn on/charge....(I bend only two connector for + and - the third connector was to small) ..... I think the issue was only the sensor but dont knows where is it.....

kuwlij

Aug 16, 2009
Same problem, only I press really hard on the power/vol buttons sometimes fixes the temp.

It seems to be a deep rooted function of the phone since if the sensor detects -30 Deg C while off, it won't allow you to turn it on.. but i'd really like some kind of kernel mod or something that can fix this

abhay210

Aug 16, 2014
Mumbai
found a solution ...

the problem is related to the battery temperature sensor .. i tried everything like hairdryer ... reassembling the phone etc but nothing worked
than i came to to a solution when i was moving through the service menu (launched by the code 3845#*800# as my device is d800 for other models code will be like 3845#*model no# eg; for d801 put 801 in place of model no )

now you can move to setting tab
than in setting press battery tab
here press battery fake mode and turn it on

thats it now it will charge ....
however it will show always a fixed level of battery like 80% or something else but it will charge ....
if you want to see how much it has charged just turn off the fake battery mode and it will show you how much battery is there ....

if it works and you got your phone working and useful again you can donate me a beer ...... :eek::eek::eek: on paypal [email protected]

mask199

Nov 2, 2015
Hello dears
The same problem happened with me (low battery temprature ,unable to charge battery) .I installed Avira antivirus and scanned all files on the memory and 4 hidden viruses were caught and deleted , then the mobile returned back to its normal trend and charging normally

ladislav4

Feb 21, 2013
Roznava
2nd Solution maybe...

I have same issue like you guys, I bought used G2 and the phone has got an new LCD , the first owner send the phone to official LG repair service to prague,but they said tho mobo is dead.Then I bought the phone and removed the screw near the battery and it works perfectly.Try and will see ..... sorry for my bad english

Camonio

Jun 9, 2017
Found temp sensor on the back cover

I´ve found a solution.
The temperature sensor is on the bottom of the back cover, you will see two small contacts there.

I got the phone to charge by removing the cover, and shorting these contacts while plugging in the charger.
I think this bypasses the initial temp test, and so it charges. (Doesn't charge just without cover)

If this works for you, then changing the back cover should solve the problem for good. (Or until the new sensor breaks too)

If it doesn`t, then my money is on changing the battery flex.

Do not try to short the contacts permanently, that would remove all temperature protections and batteries can get explosive if overheated.

Good luck,
Camo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LG G2 "Solved it" low temperature unable to charge battery

Hi,

I too had the same problems as you, also after i received the Phone back after fixing an broken screen.
    The Phone says it's charging, but it isn't.
    I noticed a very very thin gab on the left top of the back cover.
    I opened the Phone, and saw that the top cover (where the power buttun is) wasn't at his precise place.
    It really was a fraction of a millimeter, but still.
    I unscrewed it and noticed that there is a very very thin line for the corners, so to get it good on his place you have to first put in the corners of the plate then lower it before screwing it back tight.
    Now my back cover closed correctly everywhere.
    I put in the charger and voilla, it charged again like it should..:good:

i hope this can help you people somehow.

Good luck.

huff