[LP][30-11-2014] Android 5.0 LolliPop for Xperia Z (KMA)

Search This thread

pabx

Apr 5, 2011
Zurich
Guys, please take this to the ur PM's..

Why? Is development-related talk now considered offtopic on XDAs development forum?

I had got rid of the dlopen errors now, but the camera still didn't work. I checked the logcat, there's no missing symbol / lib file. What i found is that the camera HAL nodule can't be loaded. Any suggestion?

EDIT: Is this could be relating to SELinux? Just curious.

EDIT2: I found that there's a missing library file, so i copied camera.msm8974.so from sony 4.4.4 into /system/lib/hw. That seem to fix the problem.

EDIT3: Here's the log with the file included: http://imgur.com/YmmWyof

Please post the logcat on pastebin - a screenshot is not really readable and missing a lot of other output.
If it was an SELinux issue, you'd see some messages in the kernel log (dmesg) but maybe some other lib is missing: in the worst case, you could attach strace to init and kill system_server to see if it (silently) fails to load some camera related library.

TheMrcool212

Nov 26, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Why? Is development-related talk now considered offtopic on XDAs development forum?

Please post the logcat on pastebin - a screenshot is not really readable and missing a lot of other output.
If it was an SELinux issue, you'd see some messages in the kernel log (dmesg) but maybe some other lib is missing: in the worst case, you could attach strace to init and kill system_server to see if it (silently) fails to load some camera related library.

logcat: http://pastebin.com/UXBMJGdE

dmesg doesnt seem to show any new logs after the camera crash, I can confirm it's not SELinux issue.

Supersaiyan.IV

At some point, when device has been on for a longer time without rebooting (a few days), the earspeaker ceases to function (you hear me, but I can't hear you scenario).
A simple reboot solves the issue. Haven't been able to trace the issue yet, but will keep you posted once it happens again.

Sent from my Pabx 5.0.1 Android on C6603 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

pabx

Apr 5, 2011
Zurich
At some point, when device has been on for a longer time without rebooting (a few days), the earspeaker ceases to function (you hear me, but I can't hear you scenario).
A simple reboot solves the issue. Haven't been able to trace the issue yet, but will keep you posted once it happens again.

Sent from my Pabx 5.0.1 Android on C6603 using XDA Free mobile app

This might be an hardware defect:
Download the sony diagnostics tool from the playstore and enter the earpiece test. If you hear nothing, try to gently squeeze your phone to see if it makes any difference: The XZ has a known weakness where the contacts of the earpiece tend to wear out - my phone also suffers from this and i spent HOURS tracking this down only to realize that the hardware in my phone is faulty.

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

logcat: http://pastebin.com/UXBMJGdE

dmesg doesnt seem to show any new logs after the camera crash, I can confirm it's not SELinux issue.

Did you use exactly the same blobs, firmware & kernel in a (working) 4.x port?

Code:
E/mm-camera-intf( 4867): mm_camera_open: cannot open control fd of '/dev/video1' (Invalid argument)
E/mm-camera-intf( 4867): camera_open: mm_camera_open err = -1

This looks very fishy: So the kernel driver does not like whatever the blob is doing to /dev/video1 (did you verify that this is the correct device?).
I'd recommen to attach strace to the process to see if the error happens during open(), ioctl() or write().

If it happens in open(), then the camera driver is probably not initialized correctly - otherwise you might have an ABI incompatibility.

Supersaiyan.IV

This might be an hardware defect:
Download the sony diagnostics tool from the playstore and enter the earpiece test. If you hear nothing, try to gently squeeze your phone to see if it makes any difference: The XZ has a known weakness where the contacts of the earpiece tend to wear out - my phone also suffers from this and i spent HOURS tracking this down only to realize that the hardware in my phone is faulty.

Earspeaker "died" again. Can't hear the caller. And to my astonishment Sony Diagnostics tool tells me everything is in order.

The scenario has been narrowed down however. When headphones are connected, somebody calls, you unplug the headphones to take the call - then earspeaker will be dead. Can someone try to reproduce this behaviour?

Sent from my Banana Phone using XDA Free mobile app

iKillCypher

Jul 28, 2012
Earspeaker "died" again. Can't hear the caller. And to my astonishment Sony Diagnostics tool tells me everything is in order.

The scenario has been narrowed down however. When headphones are connected, somebody calls, you unplug the headphones to take the call - then earspeaker will be dead. Can someone try to reproduce this behaviour?

Sent from my Banana Phone using XDA Free mobile app

If Im not wrong this was cause by soundcontrol by faux no idea but I remember testing it for various days back then :crying:

sosoro

Jan 21, 2013
The problem with this ROM is that the phone is very very hot.
The CPU reach 80C while watching an youtube video, compared to a 4.4.4 ROM, that managed to keep the CPU at a maximum 50-55C.
Any suggestions?

Supersaiyan.IV

Stress tested the temperatures while watching movies on Popcorn Time for Android. What occurred was that the CPU throttled down so much after 1h that the movie itself was completely unplayable.
This is of course completely normal, and by every means acceptable - considering that the alternative is having the phone overheat.

Sent from my Full Android on C6603 using XDA Free mobile app

tOrNadO™

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 27, 2012
Bangalore
I have loaded this rom and loving it so far, however I really do miss some of my Sony apps like Walkman and the Sony Camera, Albums and movies apps. Can these apks just be downloaded and installed as in the stock roms?

Edit:
Never mind a bit of search yield the solution
http://xdaforums.com/crossdevice-dev/sony/mod-port-sony-xperia-feature-apps-t2978700

Launcher

http://xdaforums.com/crossdevice-dev/sony/port-xperia-z3-home-7-0-0-14-t2868655

or u can try Ben Ling's port too, it worked for me..

For Media Apps,

http://xdaforums.com/crossdevice-dev/sony/mod-port-sony-xperia-feature-apps-t2978700

For Camera, i haven't seen any ports yet to Lollipop.. So hang in there.. ;)

ShiversZN

Aug 23, 2009
Durban
Anyone else experiencing this harsh battery drain?

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z C6603 using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1419774215789.jpg
    1419774215789.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 907

demon2112

Jul 30, 2009
ijmuiden
Alll of you, set your mobile data to 3g not to LTE the drain wil be gone,for me it did the trick

Sent from my Xperia Z using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: ShiversZN

Pavononer23

Feb 7, 2014
Madrid
Is the rom suppossed to have a reboot mode? Cause when I press the button it only appears switch off and I didn't find anything on settings to change that :/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lollipop
    I have build AOSP lollipop for our Xperia Z.

Changelog

18-11-2014
    - GPS from mako (credits to pabx)
    - Synced
    - TWRP Recovery

18-11-2014
    - Open source GPS (Fully working?)
    - Kernel updates
    - Device tree updates
    - Synced (5.0.0_r7) & pabx

18-11-2014
    - Working root & latest CWM recovery
    - Kernel updates
    - Device tree updates
    - Synced (5.0.0_r6)

Feature list:
    Working:
    - Screen / touch
    - Audio
    - Wifi
    - Vibrator
    - Camera
    - RIL
    - NFC
    - Bluetooth
    - Sensors
    - GPS

Not working:
    - You tell me

Download
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7XCSgymRoP0RFpnZmszeDlWQU0/view?usp=sharing

Gapps (CM-12): CM Gapps or PA: PA Gapps or pabx's gapps
    SuperSu (latest): http://www.chainfire.eu/

Install
    Fastboot:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash system system.img
    fastboot flash userdata userdata.img (THIS WILL WIPE YOUR DATA/SDCARD)

First boot might take a while, black screen for a couple of minutes so don't worry it will boot.

Source
    https://github.com/yugalollipop/

Notice
    Please use this thread for bug reports only. (provide logs)
    Use the Q&A thread for questions. Let's keep this thread clean.

Please press thanks or donate

Credits:
    Pabx
    New build is up. See OP.
    It seems like your build has SE-Linux disabled.

If you need some .te files, feel free to grab them from my git-repo: https://github.com/adrian-bl-yuga/device-sony-lagan/commit/ecc7cff36202671520f1f8e5cbd77c439a2e12da

I prepared them some months ago after the l-preview source was released. They will hopefully still work on the final l-release :) (can't confirm yet as my own build is still compiling)

But great work: Seems to run quite well so far!
    New build is up. Should fix most of the problems (gps, encryption, apps crashing, rebooting)

Build should be rootable, recovery won't work out of the box.
    Okay, so I have unpacked the ramdisk again and done the following as suggested by Chainfire:
    Chainfire said:
    To fix root, all that really had to be done was ensure the daemon's startup script is run at boot as the root user with the init context.

And it works :)

root.png

Download: root-fix_lollipop-yuga.zip

NOTE: This time, I have decided to upload a flashable ZIP since some of you may already have a recovery. In case you don't, just unpack the ZIP file and flash the boot.img using fastboot as usual. The kernel per se is untouched, I have only made changes to the ramdisk.