• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[LP/690 rooted][UB only] Restore XReality (Upd 21/03)

Search This thread

nreuge

Apr 22, 2013
Saint-Nazaire
This method works with Unlocked Bootloader for stock rom 690 rooted !

UPDATE 21/03: THANK TO Androplus, WE HAVE NOW AN ADVANCED STOCK KERNEL WITH WORKING RECOVERY !!! JUST FLASH HIS KERNEL (Z2_ADV_stock_LP.zip) IMAGE (boot.img) VIA FASTBOOT, THEN FLASH THE jimRnor's PATCH VIA RECOVERY.

Requirements : adb and fastboot installed on your computer

Instructions: (outdated)

- Download the Androplus Kernel v30a, extract the boot.img from the zip and copy it in the fastboot directory of your computer ( credits @AndroPlus )
- Download D6503_23.1.A.0.690_XZDRKernel2.8.3-RELEASE.flashable.zip (section XZDualRecoveryKernel) and copy it in internal SD ( credits @[NUT] )
- Download DRM Function Restoration for Xperia Lolipop V2 and copy it in internal SD ( credits @jimRnor )

- Power off your device
- Go in fastboot mode (volume+, plug the USB cable)
- Flash boot.img :
Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Unplug your device and go in TRWP recovery
- Flash DRM Function Restoration for Xperia Lolipop V2.zip
- Flash D6503_23.1.A.0.690_XZDRKernel2.8.3-RELEASE.flashable.zip (it restores boot.img)
- Reboot

Enjoy !! :D

Last edited:

ticktock666

Feb 20, 2010
just wondering : will the FOTA recovery work ? it's not kernel related, so if we flash one, we shouldn't need to go through the whole process of flashing kernels ?

not very sure, still a Z2 noob.

Isley_

Mar 11, 2014
So this will work to get root too? I read about that Kernel we can get full root (mount R/W too). Anyway thanks for the good thread.

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

So this will work to get root too? I read about that Kernel we can get full root (mount R/W too). Anyway thanks for the good thread.
Another question, this only will remote X Reality? Or will restore other functions like Noise cancelling and BIONZ?

nreuge

Apr 22, 2013
Saint-Nazaire

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

Another question, this only will remote X Reality? Or will restore other functions like Noise cancelling and BIONZ?

Yes, you will get full root.
Bionz is not affected by UB. Noise cancelling, I don't know I don't use it. Anyway, the patch may restore all what is lost by unlocking.

Working on D6502? Hope it work, maybe we can install Xpose LP by temporary recovery too :D

Yes, it may work for D6502.
If you install xposed, you may get troubles... (I have not tried)

Last edited:

Isley_

Mar 11, 2014
Thanks for reply man, so according with the new instructions just I have to flash AndroPlus Kernel and the patch and that's all?

Rajeev

Recognized Contributor
Nov 24, 2012
Chennai , I N D I A
UPDATE 21/03: Instructions updated

Hei buddy.. One final doubt. I just revert back to Kitkat for some reason.. Now i am going to flash pre rooted lolipop rom. I have a Unlocked Bootloader ofcourse.. So are u sure after flashing the patch our Bravia Engine, X Reality and Supervivid Mods will work as it should before?

I have heard unlocking bootloader will reduce camera performance.. Is it true? Will flashing this patch will recover it?

Isley_

Mar 11, 2014
Just just X Reality, but many people say you don't lose any performance on the camera. But yes just flash this and you will recovery all. Even if you want do a backup of your DRM Keys before unlock your bootloader to restore the functionality when you want.

Top Liked Posts