• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

ls990 [Official] Resurrection Remix 7.1.2 Nougat v5.8.5[11/01]

Search This thread

Sobek5150

Feb 28, 2016
Indianapolis
LG G6
OnePlus 7 Pro
Well - I officially made the switch back to Verizon today. Got my VS985 all set.

The best thing is that @oadam11 kicks some ass in maintaining both the LS990 and vs985. Because of this I made the most seamless transition between phones yet.

Bravo buddy. On another note, it's kinda ridiculous how carriers aren't all GSM now. If so could have kept my ls990. Ah well.

Sent from my LG-VS985 using XDA Labs

Reactions: ryandigweed

ryandigweed

Mar 2, 2011
I have tweaked it's settings. The big thing for me is that a couple days a week at work I am in a bad signal area for the most part. With gamma or CSK, I can get my phone to go all day and have room to spare.

Sent from my LG-ls990 using XDA Labs

Would you recommend installing GAMMA KERNEL over this ROM?

I was looking into GAMMA Kernel, the OP doesn't state compatibility with LS990.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sprint-lg-g3/development/kernel-navel-kernel-t3064320

And looks like CSK is not compatible with the latest build of RR.

Thanks for all the good information. I've been looking into changing my kernel while updating the RR from an MARCH build.

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

Hello, Does anyone know how to activate Gsm capability of The G3 running Resurrection Remix for it to be able to use Other Sim Cards???

Settings > Data Usage > (Three Dot Menu) > Cellular Networks >

Preferred Network Type > Global
System Select > Automatic
CDMA Subscription> NV

That's how I got my GSM SIM to work with any SIM Card.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:

seanskiT!

Feb 27, 2013
Winston-Salem, NC
Would you recommend installing GAMMA KERNEL over this ROM?

I was looking into GAMMA Kernel, the OP doesn't state compatibility with LS990.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sprint-lg-g3/development/kernel-navel-kernel-t3064320

And looks like CSK is not compatible with the latest build of RR.

Thanks for all the good information. I've been looking into changing my kernel while updating the RR from an MARCH build.

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

Settings > Data Usage > (Three Dot Menu) > Cellular Networks >

Preferred Network Type > Global
System Select > Automatic
CDMA Subscription> NV

That's how I got my GSM SIM to work with any SIM Card.

I hope this helps.

Gamma kernel is compatible. Go to downloads and find ls990 folder. I saw the mention about CSK not working, but that was the Verizon variant. I haven't tried CSK with most recent ls990 build. I'm using another kernel right now.

Reactions: ryandigweed

Sobek5150

Feb 28, 2016
Indianapolis
LG G6
OnePlus 7 Pro
Gamma kernel is compatible. Go to downloads and find ls990 folder. I saw the mention about CSK not working, but that was the Verizon variant. I haven't tried CSK with most recent ls990 build. I'm using another kernel right now.

Just FYI, I did another completely clean install and I can confirm CSK is working in my VS985 again.

No idea what caused it. Definitely funny how the same model of device can have its own quirks depending on variant. Never had that issue with dirty flash updates to RR and then reflashing the CSK. Just very odd.

Sent from my LG-VS985 using XDA Labs

Reactions: seanskiT!

ryandigweed

Mar 2, 2011
Just flashed the latest build, with the gamma kernel.

I can't seem to find the "enable root access " option that we used to use earlier. I don't have root

Magisk is showing that I'm unrooted.

quamiseth

Apr 18, 2016
I've flashed the room and everything seems to be working fine so far except that I've been getting ads popping up anywhere and anytime, even when I'm on a call. Tried using adblock plus but that also seems not to work with the ROM, something about not being able to apply hosts after downloading. I hope this will be fixed in the next update. Thanks.

Jewdebega

May 11, 2015
Houston
Two questions:

1.) How do I get rid of the 'Activating cellular service' screen that pops up whenever the system is restarted? I've accessed Kernel Auditor (which is the recommended method for removing this based on research in xda), but it is not listed in the startup programs.

2.) Is anyone else experiencing difficulties with 4G/LTE? After installing the 6-28 and 7-10 builds, I can't seem to get an LTE connection where I normally would. I'm either getting 3G or 1X.

seanskiT!

Feb 27, 2013
Winston-Salem, NC
Two questions:

1.) How do I get rid of the 'Activating cellular service' screen that pops up whenever the system is restarted? I've accessed Kernel Auditor (which is the recommended method for removing this based on research in xda), but it is not listed in the startup programs.

2.) Is anyone else experiencing difficulties with 4G/LTE? After installing the 6-28 and 7-10 builds, I can't seem to get an LTE connection where I normally would. I'm either getting 3G or 1X.

1) That is incorrect. Freeze setup wizard with titanium backup or delete with root explorer(my recommendation).

2) No issues at all with that for me.

Sent from my LG-ls990 using XDA Labs

Reactions: Jewdebega

Deathcommand

Nov 2, 2016
What kernel is everyone running?

Also, I'm having problems where the selinux mode keeps switching to permissive even though I need to keep it in enforcing so that Magisk Hide works.

Last problem is that my 4G on sprint keeps on failing randomly for a few days at a time. Any one have a fix? Sometimes switching to global from LTE/CDMA,EVDO sometimes works.

Sometimes.

Last edited:

culec

Feb 22, 2015
Plz help me answer these questions:
Is it possible to install dualboot with Fulmics 7.6?
On-screen time?
Does this ROM use battery better than Fulmics 7.6?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

design_elements_landingnew.png

About Resurrection Remix ROM
    Changelog
    Installation
    Downloads and useful links
    Donations

About Resurrection Remix ROM

Resurrection Remix the ROM has been based on CM,slim.omni and original Remix ROM builds, this creates an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Many things that in previous versions were tweaked with mods, are now included by default in the ROM so, please enjoy![/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Resurrection Remix[/font]

Special thanks to, the CM team,OMNI team ,SLIMROMS and of course to all the supporters

Included Main Features

-Statusbar clock customization + second + fonts
    -Network traffic monitor
    -Toast animations
    -Add changelog
    -Listview animations
    -LCD Density
    -Add Weather display to status bar header
    -Quick unlock
    -Overall Speed up system
    -Brand new music and audio fx app from cyanogen
    -Included all cm 12 features
    -And many more slim omni and orginal RR improvements and system ui changes running in this alpha build. So enjoy

-INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS-

- Download the latest build
    - Download Gapps
    - Take a nandroid backup
    - Recommended - Full wipe and factory reset
    - Flash ROM using latest ClockworkMod recovery
    - Flash Gapps
    - Reboot.
    - Enjoy!​

-UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS-

- Download the latest build of Resurrection Remix ROM
    - Take a nandroid backup
    - Flash ROM usingrecovery
    - Flash Gapps
    - Wipe cache
    - Wipe dalvik cache
    - Reboot
    - Enjoy!​

IMPORTANT: If you come from another ROM, have some issues or want a really clean installation then follow the 'Extended steps to install the ROM' featured on the General FAQ

Show your support to Resurrection Remix ROM

Big thanks to:

XDA developers

CM team

Omni team

Slim rom

kernel source

AND OF COURSE TO ALL THE SUPPORTERS, DONATORS AND USERS

Hey guys, new build is up. Will probably be the final Nougat build. Enjoy!
    Hey guys, new build is up. Proximity sensor is fixed. Enjoy!
    Hey guys, new build is up. Enjoy!