• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[LS990] ZVA/ZVB/ZVC "One Click" Root Method

Search This thread

l33tlinuxh4x0r

Nov 1, 2007
I have updated my old script to root ZVB as well as ZVA. This should solve issues that some people were having.

Just extract the zip file, run the .bat file and follow the instructions. Should be pretty simple. Let me know if you run into any problems.

Note: If you are having issues with the script hanging try unplugging your phone and plugging it back in. That should help.

Prerequisites:
Code:
adb debugging
LG drivers
Diag mode enabled ##diag (makes things easier but you can do without it, eg. manual reboots.)

Last edited:

wpmetts

Jul 15, 2012
I have yet to be able to root my G3. The files get pushed over to the device but after reboot I have to manually boot it into download mode but then the device never gets recognized by the script.. I am running Windows 10 and wonder if that could have an effect on how the LG drivers work??

l33tlinuxh4x0r

Nov 1, 2007
I have yet to be able to root my G3. The files get pushed over to the device but after reboot I have to manually boot it into download mode but then the device never gets recognized by the script.. I am running Windows 10 and wonder if that could have an effect on how the LG drivers work??

Yeah you might need to update your drivers in device manager once in download mode (searching automatically for the best driver should do the trick)

Reactions: avibp

andmiller78

Dec 11, 2012

On line 27 in the bat file, change
Code:
adb reboot
to
Code:
adb reboot download
That worked for me.

Out2kill

Mar 12, 2013
H-Town
Tried on Windows 10 and Windows 7 machines, After I manually put my phone into download mode (will not go into download mode automatically) the script detects my phone and I get "Author : blog.lvu.kr
SPECIAL COMMAND : ENTER, LEAVE
#"

Then the script just stops with nothing else happening, I've let it sit for 30 minutes thinking it was doing something but nothing. Any suggestions on what to do. My phone and sd card are encrypted, could this be causing the issue?

l33tlinuxh4x0r

Nov 1, 2007
Tried on Windows 10 and Windows 7 machines, After I manually put my phone into download mode (will not go into download mode automatically) the script detects my phone and I get "Author : blog.lvu.kr
SPECIAL COMMAND : ENTER, LEAVE
#"

Then the script just stops with nothing else happening, I've let it sit for 30 minutes thinking it was doing something but nothing. Any suggestions on what to do. My phone and sd card are encrypted, could this be causing the issue?

Yes an encrypted phone/sdcard is probably the issue.

golpeen420

Jun 6, 2014
Warrenton
Sorry for the nooby question, but will autorec work after using this to root ZVB? I'm about to get a new device through insurance and world hate to only have root and not custom recovery.

golpeen420

Jun 6, 2014
Warrenton
no autorec doesn't work.. but you can use twrp manager (free on google play) or flashimg.

Oh wow, had no idea twrp manager supported this device now. That makes things so much easier. Cause I just ordered my new device today and it'll probably come stock with ZVB. Thanks for the info, really thought id be doomed to stock for a minute there.

golpeen420

Jun 6, 2014
Warrenton
So when I run the bat file, it just says waiting for device, but my device is plugged in and I know the drivers are installed, even installed them again to be sure and still nothing, and advice?

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

nevermind, I got it

InternetMayhem

Nov 5, 2015
Orange County
This method worked for me, thanks!!! @l33tlinuxh4x0r your the man, thanks for sharing your knowledge with the community and helping others. After trying several other root methods and having none of them work this root method actually worked! I have a LGLS990 LG G3 32GB SPRINT Shine Gold Smartphone. Goodbye Sprint / LG bloatwear and hello new xda gear!

One tip I can give is towards the end you need to unplug the USB cable, power off your phone and manually go into download mode again. The script doesn't prompt you to do that action but I figured it out when I kept getting stuck at around 90%. After I put my phone into download mode manually and reconnected the USB the root completed and SuperSU was installed. I am now running CloudyG3_2.5 and it's working flawlessly, thanks again.

Jamesredmond82

Apr 25, 2011
Greenville, n.c.
i have tried this rooting method and it gets to the point after entering download mode the command script recognizes it goes to the next step then the command prompt just closes out.....what the heck is going on there? its done that repeatedly every time it hits that step

hkhan1

Oct 19, 2010
Fairfax
i have tried this rooting method and it gets to the point after entering download mode the command script recognizes it goes to the next step then the command prompt just closes out.....what the heck is going on there? its done that repeatedly every time it hits that step
I am having the same issue after entering download mode the command script recognizes it goes to the next step then the command prompt just closes out... any help will be appreciated.

hkhan1

Oct 19, 2010
Fairfax
Duplicate

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

You can use this method, i just rooted my LG G3 using mathod B on the link below.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/spri...stock-t3211878

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have updated my old script to root ZVB as well as ZVA. This should solve issues that some people were having.

Just extract the zip file, run the .bat file and follow the instructions. Should be pretty simple. Let me know if you run into any problems.

Note: If you are having issues with the script hanging try unplugging your phone and plugging it back in. That should help.

Prerequisites:
    Code:
    adb debugging
    LG drivers
    Diag mode enabled ##diag (makes things easier but you can do without it, eg. manual reboots.)

On line 27 in the bat file, change
    Code:
    adb reboot
    to
    Code:
    adb reboot download
    That worked for me.
    I've been searching for a straightforward tutorial/instruction on rooting the LS990 ZVI, but no joy.

I was wondering if anyone has been successful with a particular tool or at least a straightforward downgrade.

Thanks in advance!
    Successful with ZVE version, with tweak

I just rooted a G3 with VZE version software. I tried a couple times and the process hung at the second place where it looks for the serial port. Per the suggestion of one of the posts earlier in this thread, I manually booted into download mode by turning off the phone, holding the volume up key and plugging in the USB cable. I followed the prompts from there and it completed the root. Thank you very much!