ls997 not loading into bootloader during dirtysanta.

Search This thread

travis401

Nov 6, 2010
Ive picked up my ls997 from sprint today and have been trying to unlock the bootloader and root ever since. After hours of trying, making sure Ive followed the steps over and over, I cant progress past step 1. I get the dirty santa exploit running, it finishes on the phone and gives me back the terminal, but the runmefirst command window never says to progress to step 2. I tried running step 2 anyway, and the phone just reboots normally, not into recovery. I cant boot into recovery using adb reboot recovery either. After it reboots its still showing up in adb devices, so I cant run any fastboot commands. WTF am I missing? It came out of the box running 7.0, with the 9/1/16 security patch and zv3 firmware. And its already bugging me to do an OTA update, which Im sure I dont wanna take.

travis401

Nov 6, 2010
Update

I started messing with it again today. Turns out my antivirus software on my computer was treating the dirtysanta and dirtycow files as a virus and blocking them from pushing to the phone. Turned off the antivirus and it worked as it should. I'm now bootloader unlocked and rooted. I guess i was just too tired and frustrated to notice it last night.