LSPosed xposed framework [8.0-11.0]. Edxposed Alternetive

Search This thread

__Michael__

Dec 8, 2012
Not for me. 😕

I think its magisk 22.0 related issue , but most of the users doesn't have any issue :unsure:

EDIT:

Looks like its RIRU module issue , riru app also doesn't recognize riru 23.6 is installed , flashed riru 23.3 , riru app recognize it as installed , but still no lsposed.

Last edited:
Reactions: fil3s

cameronkelley28

Dec 1, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S10
I think its magisk 22.0 related issue , but most of the users doesn't have any issue

Looks like its RIRU module issue , riru app also doesn't recognize riru 23.6 is installed , flashed riru 23.3 , riru app recognize it as installed , but still no lsposed.
EDIT 1: Proceed with caution. One user reported this causing issues on their device so most likely device specific issue. I'm on an S10 with Android 10 (OneUI 2.5) and it resolved my issue but obviously YMMV.

EDIT 2: The user that reported issues got it working by uninstalling Riru and LSposed first, replacing busybox as described, then re-installing the modules.
Still good to be careful, but it should be safe IMO since worst case magisk can't load busybox.
I've added commands to revert which can be run from any root terminal including TWRP.

OP: I had an issue with magisk v22.0 where Riru was not recognized as well.

I found an issue on Github and after switching the magisk busybox from the script (default) directly to the binary, Riru worked.

Github post

Bash:
# Backup default busybox script
cp /data/adb/magisk/busybox /data/adb/magisk/busybox.bak

# Replace busybox script with the actual binary
cp /data/adb/magisk/busybox.bin /data/adb/magisk/busybox

If you have issues and want to revert the change, run the following in a root terminal or TWRP terminal.

Bash:
# Replace busybox with the original magisk script
cp /data/adb/magisk/busybox.bak /data/adb/magisk/busybox

Last edited:
Reactions: __Michael__

__Michael__

Dec 8, 2012
I had an issue with magisk v22.0 where Riru was not recognized as well.

I found an issue on Github and after switching the magisk busybox from the script (default) directly to the binary, Riru worked.

Github post

Bash:
# Backup default busybox script
cp /data/adb/magisk/busybox /data/adb/magisk/busybox.bak

# Replace busybox script with the actual binary
cp /data/adb/magisk/busybox.bin /data/adb/magisk/busybox

Doesn't help , after this change i even cant open any app..

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
Hippoland
That Bootloop issue fixed.
Telegram channel resumed: LSposedArchives
I'll update the OP.

Note: The signature of the manager. Please uninstall it before installing the new version. Don't worry, your configuration won't be lost.
I just want to report that after following these upgrade instructions, the new LSPosed module and manager work fine for me on my OnePlus 7Pro (GM-1917) running OOS 10.3.8, Magisk 22.0, Riru 23.6, and TWRP 3.5.0_9-0.

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
Hippoland
What have you done exactly, please explain.
The instructions I followed are in the "Note" in the post that I quoted. I'll re-quote it here ...
Note: The signature of the manager. Please uninstall it before installing the new version. Don't worry, your configuration won't be lost.

In other words, first uninstall the LSPosed manager, if it is already installed.
Then, follow the installation instructions in the OP and the second post of this thread.

Last edited:

EotT

Jul 29, 2013
Care to enlighten me as to why?
Because it depends on the installed apps and the user's choice.
XPrivacylua is a module to restrict apps to acquire personal information. It's up to the user to decide which apps shouldn't have access to user data.
Even applying it to all apps doesn't work, because the developer of the module (@M66B) can not know which apps will be installed on the device this module will be applied to.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

no, not true. Sorry for confusing wording. AppOps is a (Magisk) app, it's limited w/out payment. I need to apply any template on new apps for my lame users who reinstall malware apps like Facebook all the time (which extracts contacts as a first operation even when it is disabled in app itself), and there are 3 ways:
    1) XPrivacy and its simple but working template. Only Pro version has history.
    Requires: EdXposed which doesn't limit apps or LSPosed if you ready to select apps manually every day.
    2) AppOps, but only the paid version has templates
    Requires: Sui magisk plugin (open source) so no Xposed
    3) get LineageOS AOSP with its privacy tool, but lose vendor functionality

Both AppOps and XPrivacy are pay to play, and pretty agressive in policy (cannot use Family share, pay for every little feature). Which is fine, privacy oriented people need to be milked as they have no choice + there are not many of them ;) Since i paid to XPrivacy several times and there's no development, i rather shell out money at AppOps now. It will get history soon and it's easier to set up. It also works during the transition period of new Android, when XPosed has a traditional delay of couple of months (which might not be the case in future).
    LSPosed is free, and it works better than EDXposed for me in Android 11. Despite the broadly hated app filtering feature:)
    Attached is your decision chart:
    My friend, XPRIVACY is really outdated and can't be suggested.
    XPrivacyLua is the sucessor of the xprivacy and it is REALLY better than xprivacy.
    XPRIVACYLUA is certainly the best xposed module ever.
    I cant get MinMinGuard module to work with LSPosed on Android 11....any ideas?
    have you tried perhaps with v.2.0.9?
    2.0.11 doesn't work properly for many even on older OS's.
    according to the user in minminguard thread just select each app you want to block ads for in the module scope
    V1.3.5 released
    Changelog

- Reduce size by using self-build libcxx
    - Fix crash when a repo does not have any release
    - Support hooking default methods of interfaces (a feature of Java 8)
    - Replace DobbySymbolResolver with AndroidELF
    - Fix in some rare case, LSPosed cannot be activated
    - Higher optimization level of compiling
    - Refine installation scripts
    - Minimum Magisk requirement updated to 21+ (even so, 22.1+ is strongly recommended)
    "requires access to all apps, and have to pay for AppOps on each mobile."

Can you please add a little more detail on this finding. Are you saying that you have to buy an app called AppOps to use Lsposed and Xprivacy? I am not familiar with AppOps, so I was looking for more information. Thanks

no, not true. Sorry for confusing wording. AppOps is a (Magisk) app, it's limited w/out payment. I need to apply any template on new apps for my lame users who reinstall malware apps like Facebook all the time (which extracts contacts as a first operation even when it is disabled in app itself), and there are 3 ways:
    1) XPrivacyLua and its simple but working template. Only Pro version has history.
    Requires: EdXposed which doesn't limit apps or LSPosed if you ready to select apps manually every day.
    2) AppOps, but only the paid version has templates
    Requires: Sui magisk plugin (open source) so no Xposed
    3) get LineageOS AOSP with its privacy tool, but lose vendor functionality

Both AppOps and XPrivacy are pay to play, and pretty agressive in policy (cannot use Family share, pay for every little feature). Which is fine, privacy oriented people need to be milked as they have no choice + there are not many of them ;) Since i paid to XPrivacy several times and there's no development, i rather shell out money at AppOps now. It will get history soon and it's easier to set up. It also works during the transition period of new Android, when XPosed has a traditional delay of couple of months (which might not be the case in future).
    LSPosed is free, and it works better than EDXposed for me in Android 11. Despite the broadly hated app filtering feature:)
    Attached is your decision chart:
    But it requires reboot after each installed app for the app to be detected in LSPosed? Or the changes to be applied to XPrivacyLua? At least on EdXposed that was not the case
    You need to reboot if you are enabling or disabling a module.
    If you want to add/remove any scope from LSPosed or any app from XPrivacyLua, you do NOT need to reboot.
    Using MagiskHide and XPrivacyLua as examples, new apps are not enabled by default and we need to enable them manually.
    Yes this is the biggest hurdle I've faced in LSposed hence I switched back to EdXposed... Hope devs do something about this soon..
    Are you sure? I have EdXposed 4683 with Magisk Canary and my safetynet pass all time. But I read that there are more often problems with LSPosed and I am not sure why I should change EdXposed to ESPosed. Now I read that there is a problem with ESPosed on the newest version od Magisk Canary and EdXposed works well all the time on my OP7Pro.
    maybe your ROM didn't apply the recent android security patch, that's why you still can pass the safetynet, can you show me your module list of magisk and the screenshot that you search the netflix app on google play store?

LSPosed is based on EdXposed, they made many improvements to the back-end code, if you can read the code, you can feel it is so clean than the EdXposed, and the running logic is better, which solves many potential problems, and they are aiming the future, which is the reason why they gave up the edxposed development, edxposed's goal is keep stable, nothing changes(mlgmxyysd never allows them to change anything, so they left.)

I think it's more like WIN7 vs WIN10, EdXposed keeps his OG style, running stable, like WIN7, when it comes to WIN10, they got lots of bugs in the beginning, but with the time flows, everything is becoming perfect.

btw, LSPosed already supported Android 12 DP2, and the LSPosed APP is going to have its own random pacakge name function
    https://github.com/LSPosed/LSPosed/issues/238
    (they pushed mlgmxyysd for years to develop this function, but mlgmyysd didn't care, so they are making this by themselves)

another reason why i switched to LSPosed is that mlgmxyysd blocked me for just provided a solution for a bug which included a link to the LSPosed repo.

i don't think this is a good sign for an open source project.
    1617364871559.png
    Developers: LSPosed Developers
    Homepage: GitHub
    Requirements:
    • Magisk 21+
    • Android 8-11
    Riru
    Description: Riru module providing ART interception framework (natively for Android Pie) that provides consistent API -interfaces with OG Xposed, using YAHFA (or SandHook) interception environment, supports Android 8.0 ~ 11.
    & Installation:
    • Install Riru 23+
    • Install Riru - LSPosed via Magisk Manager
    • Install LSPosed Manager app
    • Reboot your device.

Download:
    For stable release, please go to Github Release page For canary build use telegram.
    Go to second post for latest version Download

Notes:
    I'm just sharing this from github, I'm not responsible if you bricked your device.

GPay and other banking apps working fine without any issue so this xposed alternative is worth trying and safer.

Note: If anyone facing bootloop issue, don't panic, hard reboot again and it will work.

Screenshot:
    Download:
    Flash zip file through magisk and then install LSPosed Manager app

Update 1 March 2021
    V1.2.0
    I have it working on the Poco X3 NFC, running RR, loaded and runs without issue, I used the YAHFA option, has updated without issue.

Thought I should add that I can't get SafetyNet on, but I've never been worried about that, I think I've only ever had it working once on one of my devices years ago. The one app that refused to play nice I just used MagiskHide on, and it's not a problem now.

In saying that I only have one module loaded, I haven't had time to go looking for the below answers, to install any others.

The only thing I haven't figured out yet is what apps need to be picked with what modules, sure some are obvious as they are named after the apps, but is there anything else that needs to be picked with them? For example, do I need to pick the framework app with everything, I'm sure I don't, but how do I know?
    I'm using YAHFA myself, even though I was using SandHook earlier with EdXposed. Also, I'm passing SafetyNet without an issue and Play Store shows certified as well, so that's nice.

Coming to your question about "scope", basically for a module, you have to select the apps that are hooked by the module. This is pretty straightforward for modules that hook a specific app, for example, if you're using WATweaker, you have to select WhatsApp in its "scope". Similarly, another example, if you're using Instaprefs, you have to select Instagram in its "scope". However, for more systemwide module (like GravityBox, for example), multiple apps have to be selected in the "scope" as the module is more global in nature, so to speak.

The only way to figure out which apps need to be added in scope for a module is to ask the module developer or by trial and error. Taking GravityBox as an example, you'll find the list of apps that need to be selected for its scope in the first post of its thread (under apps that need to be whitelisted; "whitelisted" term being used in context of EdXposed, since when the post was written, LSPosed wasn't a thing).

Also, modules are can support for auto-adding recommended apps to their scope, but that responsibility lies with the module developer. Once again, taking GravityBox as the example, if you install GravityBox in LSPosed, you don't have to select apps manually in its scope. They're auto-selected since the developer has added support for LSPosed and auto-selection of scope apps.

I know the reply is long-ish, but I hope it helps you and the others who had similar questions. :)
    Can you please provide me with an up to date list of all Android apps (literally millions) ? Do you see the problem?
    Solution could be to implement some kind of direct interface between LSPosedManager and modules using IPC (e.g. service).
    Apart from manifest listed scoped packages, LSPosed could query all modules that implement that predefined interface to query for additional required packages. This way module could dynamically manage whitelisted apps.
    So who is maintaining edxposed now versus this new version? Why the need to develop this, versus just banding together to make a stronger edxposed?
    I think this is an excellent question.

As it is now, LSPosed is just a random spin off, causing only more confusion and fragmentation. It reportedly works okay though. On the other hand the project could be abandoned tomorrow.

So, why was LSPosed started exactly? And by who(m) exactly?

You @YiPing_Huang say it are the same developers. Can you please introduce them?

Note that people put a lot of trust into the developers. Xposed modifies Android at the core after all.

Moreover, EdXposed was removed from the Magisk repository for consistent poor maintenance quality. So, the same developers wouldn't even be a good thing.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone