• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

LSPosed Xposed Framework [8.0-12.0]. Simple Magisk Module, EdXposed Alternative.

What Xppsed Framework are You Using??

• Total voters
Search This thread

jalyst

Jan 31, 2009
@murti52 Thank you for taking the time to address this;

1)
Are there 'front-ends' like Greenify that are perhaps better or more actively developed -nowadays?
To -partly- answer this one myself, Gravity Box;
Can anyone w.lots of experience provide more detail?
2)
I don't suppose you could be a bit more explanatory regarding "enable system framework"?
This one I'll come back to IF I'm still lost after having "a red hot go".
I haven't even had "a red hot go", yet...

boevleri

Jul 15, 2021
Need help writing a module for xposed (lsposed) for android. The task of the module is to simulate the detection of specific pre-known Wi-Fi networks.

koyo

Nov 12, 2015
Redmi 9
Im on EdXposed but is LSPosed still in whitelist mode only? I use a module called AlwaysCorrect which enables auto correct for every single field. I would have to manually click all of the hundreds of applications manually on LSPosed so I just use EdXposed, but I'm feeling a hankering for experimentation, so I want to switch to LSPosed for a bit.

justAplebe

Jul 3, 2021
LG Stylo 2 Plus
Im on EdXposed but is LSPosed still in whitelist mode only? I use a module called AlwaysCorrect which enables auto correct for every single field. I would have to manually click all of the hundreds of applications manually on LSPosed so I just use EdXposed, but I'm feeling a hankering for experimentation, so I want to switch to LSPosed for a bit.
I agree I decided to give LSPosed a try, after being a normal Xposed framework user. After a fresh ROM install it installed super easy no problems there. One of the apps I used was a simple call blocker called CallShield which was pretty much set and forget with Xposed. I have wasted 3 hours today trying to figure out what to to whitelist to get it to work all while not even knowing if it is even compatible in the first place. IMO its less secure to randomly give an app privileges in an attempt to get it working than it would be to start out with a working app and then take the permissions back.

Reactions: beeshyams

Lord Sithek

I agree I decided to give LSPosed a try, after being a normal Xposed framework user. After a fresh ROM install it installed super easy no problems there. One of the apps I used was a simple call blocker called CallShield which was pretty much set and forget with Xposed. I have wasted 3 hours today trying to figure out what to to whitelist to get it to work all while not even knowing if it is even compatible in the first place. IMO its less secure to randomly give an app privileges in an attempt to get it working than it would be to start out with a working app and then take the permissions back.
The general approach in LSPosed is definitely better in my opinion, because it allows only selected and really needed apps to use the framework and it doesnt overload the system (plus makes it harder to be detected). The thing is that many older/obsolete modules dont meet the requirements for newer Android versions, so they are often useless now. Most of the modules still actively maintained gives the recommended apps to be checked in LSPosed Manager. So this is a challenge for older modules, but a good investment for the future

Reactions: justAplebe

westhaking

Jan 18, 2009
From a privacy standpoint it is never more secure to give an app all permissions then take them back. Start with no permissions then add them only if needed. Also in my opinion, Root Call SMS Manager beats CallShield in functionality, hands down, and works perfect with lsposed.

justAplebe

Jul 3, 2021
LG Stylo 2 Plus
The general approach in LSPosed is definitely better in my opinion, because it allows only selected and really needed apps to use the framework and it doesnt overload the system (plus makes it harder to be detected). The thing is that

From a privacy standpoint it is never more secure to give an app all permissions then take them back. Start with no permissions then add them only if needed. Also in my opinion, Root Call SMS Manager beats CallShield in functionality, hands down, and works perfect with lsposed.
I agree with the both of you. I will give Root Call SMS a test run right now. Thanks for the tip.

Reactions: Lord Sithek

murti52

Oct 21, 2013
Navi Mumbai
OnePlus 9R
To -partly- answer this one myself, Gravity Box;
Can anyone w.lots of experience provide more detail?

This one I'll come back to IF I'm still lost after having "a red hot go".
I haven't even had "a red hot go", yet...
For your first point. In the newer android version greenify is not even needed because the system is more than capable of keeping the apps in check.. as far any other apps are concerned, no, i don't think so there is any other alternative for greenify to work with lsposed.(others can correct me if I'm wrong)

For your second point. Please find the screenshot attached. I have just enabled system framework and everything is working fine.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210722-123152.jpg
    Screenshot_20210722-123152.jpg
    308.1 KB · Views: 23
Reactions: jalyst

dedq

May 14, 2015
Belgrade
For your first point. In the newer android version greenify is not even needed because the system is more than capable of keeping the apps in check.. as far any other apps are concerned, no, i don't think so there is any other alternative for greenify to work with lsposed.(others can correct me if I'm wrong)

For your second point. Please find the screenshot attached. I have just enabled system framework and everything is working fine.
That is something I've heard tons of times but I can't agree. I think everyone should give it a try because Greenify really feels good to me even on the latest Android versions. I'm using Android 11 and I can see the difference clearly.

murti52

Oct 21, 2013
Navi Mumbai
OnePlus 9R
That is something I've heard tons of times but I can't agree. I think everyone should give it a try because Greenify really feels good to me even on the latest Android versions. I'm using Android 11 and I can see the difference clearly.
I know that.. even i am using it..but he was asking if there any alternative for that. Which i think so is not developed.

Top Liked Posts

I know that.. even i am using it..but he was asking if there any alternative for that. Which i think so is not developed.
    @ayush.gl Do the majority of EdXposed modules function with LSPosed?
    I found all the module that i use with edxposed working with LsPosed.
    Does anyone know how to get 3c All-in-One Toolbox working with LSPosed? I've got the system helper installed and the LSPosed module is enabled with system framework and systemui on the whitelist, but the app still has the prompt to install xposed instead of the xposed options under Active Tweaks.

I've tried toggling the mod off and on from LSPosed which didn't work. I've also tried uninstalling the mod from LSPosed but that uninstalls the whole app. So I guess that means I've also tried uninstalling/reinstalling with no success.
    It is working for me without any issue.. but i am only using the main app.. not the system helper.. can you tell me what it is .??
    Screenshot_20210701-004114.jpg
    Does anyone know how to get 3c All-in-One Toolbox working with LSPosed? I've got the system helper installed and the LSPosed module is enabled with system framework and systemui on the whitelist, but the app still has the prompt to install xposed instead of the xposed options under Active Tweaks.

I've tried toggling the mod off and on from LSPosed which didn't work. I've also tried uninstalling the mod from LSPosed but that uninstalls the whole app. So I guess that means I've also tried uninstalling/reinstalling with no success.
    try check all
    unhide system and module in lsposed
    check all
    only google play service dont check it
    It is working for me without any issue.. but i am only using the main app.. not the system helper.. can you tell me what it is .??
    It's like a stub system APK that installs onto the system partition to allow the app extra privileges normally reserved for priv-app system apps. I did mine systemlessly with magisk which worked fine with Edxposed, but if yours works with LSPosed without the system helper installed then it might be causing my issue.

One thing I forgot to mention I tried was systemizing the whole app, which should have negated the need for the system helper. I don't know if it did it not, but it still prompted me to install the helper (and successfully installed it) even though the app itself was moved to /system/priv-app. Systemizing didn't fix the LSPosed issue either.

I think I'll start again by uninstalling/reinstalling 3c from the ground up and see if I can get it to work, but it's good to know that the only whitelisted app needed is system framework so thanks for that.

Screenshot_20210701-154954_3C All-in-One Toolbox.png
    Apologies if I'm being dim, but I just switched from edxposed to lsposed. When I enable a module I need to tick some boxes on one or more apps. What does that do and how do I know which ones to select?

Thanks!
    Maybe this can assist you.
    Developers: LSPosed Developers
    Homepage: GitHub
    Requirements:
    • Magisk 21+
    • Android 8-11 [Android 12(experimental)]

Riru
    Description: Riru module providing ART interception framework (natively for Android Pie) that provides consistent API -interfaces with OG Xposed, using YAHFA (or SandHook) interception environment, supports Android 8.0 ~ 11.
    & Installation:
    • Install Riru 23+
    • Install Riru - LSPosed via Magisk Manager
    Install LSPosed Manager app (Note: No Saparate App and Zip, App Will be Installed Automatically)
    • Reboot your device.

Download:
    For stable release, please go to Github Release page For canary build use telegram.
    Go to second post for latest version Download

Notes:
    I'm just sharing this from github, I'm not responsible if you bricked your device.

GPay and other banking apps working fine without any issue so this xposed alternative is worth trying and safer.

Note: If anyone facing bootloop issue, don't panic, hard reboot again and it will work.

Screenshot:
    Download:
    Flash zip file through magisk and then install LSPosed Manager app

Update 1 March 2021
    V1.2.0

V1.3.7 Updated 15.May.2021
    (Note: No Saparate App and Zip, App Will be Installed Automatically)

Bump New Version v1.4.0 19.May.2021

Android 12 Supported(Experimental)

Changelog

Fix in a rare case system modules not working

Workaround for that some low-quality modules stick post-fs-data.s

Update native hook AP

Follow some changes on Android S (support S Beta 1 now

Restrict hidden API bypass to modules' classloader onl

Add an option to help modules to hide their icons on Android Q

New way to better support dual apps/multi-users1+y)Ih

Note:

Previously LSPosed only recognize modules from the primary user. However, this strategy is not good and leads to some problems: some modules require getting installed app lists for configuration but they cannot do so across users; some require reading themselves from the hooked apps but they cannot do so from non-primary users; some users want to configure modules differently on different users which is not feasible previously. Thus LSPosed now requires every module to be installed to the user on which the apps they want to hook are installed. Some devices restrict modules from installing onto some users. In such a case, you can install them from the manager (but it's recommended).
    I have it working on the Poco X3 NFC, running RR, loaded and runs without issue, I used the YAHFA option, has updated without issue.

Thought I should add that I can't get SafetyNet on, but I've never been worried about that, I think I've only ever had it working once on one of my devices years ago. The one app that refused to play nice I just used MagiskHide on, and it's not a problem now.

In saying that I only have one module loaded, I haven't had time to go looking for the below answers, to install any others.

The only thing I haven't figured out yet is what apps need to be picked with what modules, sure some are obvious as they are named after the apps, but is there anything else that needs to be picked with them? For example, do I need to pick the framework app with everything, I'm sure I don't, but how do I know?
    I'm using YAHFA myself, even though I was using SandHook earlier with EdXposed. Also, I'm passing SafetyNet without an issue and Play Store shows certified as well, so that's nice.

Coming to your question about "scope", basically for a module, you have to select the apps that are hooked by the module. This is pretty straightforward for modules that hook a specific app, for example, if you're using WATweaker, you have to select WhatsApp in its "scope". Similarly, another example, if you're using Instaprefs, you have to select Instagram in its "scope". However, for more systemwide module (like GravityBox, for example), multiple apps have to be selected in the "scope" as the module is more global in nature, so to speak.

The only way to figure out which apps need to be added in scope for a module is to ask the module developer or by trial and error. Taking GravityBox as an example, you'll find the list of apps that need to be selected for its scope in the first post of its thread (under apps that need to be whitelisted; "whitelisted" term being used in context of EdXposed, since when the post was written, LSPosed wasn't a thing).

Also, modules are can support for auto-adding recommended apps to their scope, but that responsibility lies with the module developer. Once again, taking GravityBox as the example, if you install GravityBox in LSPosed, you don't have to select apps manually in its scope. They're auto-selected since the developer has added support for LSPosed and auto-selection of scope apps.

I know the reply is long-ish, but I hope it helps you and the others who had similar questions. :)
    Why it's safer than EdXposed?
    I didn't say it's safer than edxposed. I meant xposed alternatives like taichi etc.
    All banking apps works, no system slowdown, i got more free ram etc.
    In edxposed the hooked apps take time to open, no such issue with LSPosed.
    That's why i thought it's worth trying and safer.
    So who is maintaining edxposed now versus this new version? Why the need to develop this, versus just banding together to make a stronger edxposed?
    I think this is an excellent question.

As it is now, LSPosed is just a random spin off, causing only more confusion and fragmentation. It reportedly works okay though. On the other hand the project could be abandoned tomorrow.

So, why was LSPosed started exactly? And by who(m) exactly?

You @YiPing_Huang say it are the same developers. Can you please introduce them?

Note that people put a lot of trust into the developers. Xposed modifies Android at the core after all.

Moreover, EdXposed was removed from the Magisk repository for consistent poor maintenance quality. So, the same developers wouldn't even be a good thing.