Jun 22, 2011
Joshndroid's UNOFFICIAL CM13.0 BUILDS

DISCLAIMER

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
 */
This thread is currently under maintenance. Should there be any inaccurate information, please PM me. Images and formatting will be handled at a future date.

...not ready yet

I use my TWRP version linked in Second post

Clean Install
1. Download the appropriate ROM using links provide in the second post.
2. Download the appropriate GApps following the links in the second post.
3. Back up any and all important data.
5. WIPE DALVIK/CACHE/DATA/FACTORY RESET.
6. WIPE SYSTEM. <<-- You don't have to do this unless you want too
7. Flash the ROM in recovery.
7.1. DO NOT FIX PERMISSIONS AFTER FLASHING, doing so will cause a bootloop.
8. Flash the GApps.
9. Reboot Device.

Dirty Flash
1. Download the appropriate ROM using links provide in the second post.
2. WIPE CACHE/DALVIK. (I find wiping /SYSTEM can stop some issues with play store F/C’s)
3. Install the zip from recovery.
4. Install GApps (ensure that they are from the same build, otherwise you must do a clean installation when using a newer GApps package)
3.1. DO NOT FIX PERMISSIONS AFTER FLASHING, doing so will cause a bootloop.
5. Reboot Device.

More:

Screenshot 2

screenshot 3

probably others i havn't found as yet

@RaymanFX - without him there would be no original trees for our device, simple.
@ShevT - without him there would be no cm-13.0 for our device, simple.

Source
Joshndroid Source
Note 10.1 Device Tree
Note 10.1 Kernel
Note 10.1 Vendor Files
CyanogenMod
Rom Source

joshndroid

Jun 22, 2011

Shared Google Drive Device Folder (have Rom shared directly to your Google Drive Folder)
see here for further - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=65753816&postcount=4

Alternate Download - Basketbuild Download
https://s.basketbuild.com/devs/Joshndroid/CM13.0/lt03wifi

GApps - 6.0 GApps Package
http://opengapps.org/ (select ARM & 6.0)
I have be extremely pleased with Open Gapps and you can even download daily packages, I have tried the micro, mini and nano packages with good success so far - All credit to their team and original thread source can be found here for important information and updates - http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software/pa-gapps-continuation-t3098071

SuperSU for flashing via recovery - Credit to @Chainfire
http://download.chainfire.eu/supersu

Last edited:

joshndroid

Jun 22, 2011
Joshndroid's TWRP with F2FS support
https://s.basketbuild.com/devs/Joshndroid/TWRP/lt03xxxx

F2FS is called the 'flash friendly file system.' Realistically it has been developed to assist mobile type devices with EMMC get better read speeds, among other things, to achieve a better user experience.
Still want to know a bit more check this out – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F2FS. Further have a look here for benchmarks completed on another device - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2697069

So, how do I get F2FS?
Firstly, your going to need to have partitions that are in F2FS format and with that you need a recovery which is capable of doing that. In the second post you will see a link for an F2FS supported recovery.
Secondly, your going to need a ROM that supports it. That means, the ROM itself to support mounting partitions correctly, etc. as well as the KERNEL so it can utilise the partitions and actually boot the device.

Yeah okay, so its entirely intertwined, now what?
Well, we now have the recovery, ROM and kernel all working with F2FS we need to put it in to practice

Follow these steps (you will need a micro sdcard inserted into your device)
Complete these steps in their entirety and accurately (if I find out you didn't complete a step or skipped one because you 'know better', leading to a bricked device, I wont be happy). They might seem condescending, but hey 2 extra minutes/step may make the difference.

1. Go to https://dl.twrp.me/lt03wifiue/ and download the appropriate stock TWRP (I recommend 2.8.6.0 now) .IMG file AND .zip of your recovery and place onto your EXTERNAL SD CARD (these are in case something doesn't work)

2. While at https://dl.twrp.me/lt03wifiue/ download the same IMG.TAR and place those files into your usual ODIN directory (in case we REALLY need to flash back a recovery) - If you need Odin, download that as well.

3. Download my latest ROM zip anything from V17.6 will be supporting f2fs unless stated otherwise. Place this file into your EXTERNAL SDCARD also.

4. Download your latest version of gapps and have a supersu zip handy (latest). Place these files into your EXTERNAL SDCARD

5. Okay download my f2fs supported recovery signified by F2FS in the name (ZIP or IMG will work in TWRP 2.8.6.0). Link in second post or https://s.basketbuild.com/devs/Joshndroid/TWRP/lt03xxxx

6. Place the F2FS supported recovery into your EXTERNAL SDCARD

7. BACKUP all important files from your device's INTERNAL SDCARD as it will be WIPED when formatting to a new partition type (and I mean it will be GONE)

8. reboot into your recovery

9. select the F2FS IMG file or ZIP and flash as necessary.

10. If successful reboot back to recovery. (if not see below, it may be to do with your current twrp version)

11. BACKUP EVERYTHING to EXTERNAL SDCARD (this will save partition info, boot/userdata/system). If super keen, transfer a copy to computer

12. Okay now the partitioning
- Go to wipe
- Go to advanced wipe
- click on cache
- click on repair or change file system
- click on change file system
- click on F2FS
- swipe to confirm
- click back till you get to the partition selection again
- Repeat step 12 changing 'cache' for 'data' and then for 'system'

13. Go back to the main menu

14. Flash ROM zip, Gapps and Super Su

15. Reboot

Optionals
16. Download a free app called 'disk info' from play store
17. check your partitions are now listed as F2FS. if they list as EXT4, you've done something wrong and need to try it again.

QUICK FAQ

Is this safe?
Yes, provided you do it correctly you wont have any issues.

Do it need to do it each time I flash my ROM?
No, you only need to convert once. Then each ROM flash will see your partitions as F2FS and format accordingly.

But I know the device formats system or other partitions during ROM flash, why do I have to do it manually?
Because the ROM zip detects the partition file system type. It will then format it with the correct tool. If you don't essentially set the file system to F2FS how does it know to format with F2FS.

Does my favourite kernel support F2FS?
probably not, check with the developer and ask them to support F2FS. If they are stuck, point them in my direction I will help.

I followed the steps correctly and get a black screen after booting?
You have probably messed something up, this seems to be kernel related. If you tried to flash a custom kernel, don't. Use only the bundled kernel until you know your favourite custom kernel supports f2fs.

Can I have some partitions as EXT4 and some as F2FS?
Probably, but I don't recommend it. Don't half complete this mod, either go full F2FS or remain at EXT4.

What about other partitions I see/know about? Can these be F2FS too?
No, they are not supported
Only System, Data (userdata) and Cache are supported, these are the typical partitions supported by other ROM devs for other devices.

So I don't have a recovery, or when I reboot to recovery it goes straight to the ROM, or I just get a blank screen?
Your recovery isn't working or didn't flash correctly. Your going to have to flash TWRP 2.8.6.0 with ODIN and try the steps again (I've tested 2.8.6.0 with the F2FS supported IMG and the ZIP file and both work)

I don't like/want F2FS can I go back?
Yes, follow the steps once again and where it says F2FS in step 12, change it to EXT4.

Can I revert to an old backup, but it was before I changed to F2FS?
Yes you can, but FIRST you MUST re-partition back to EXT4 before restoring your old backup. If that means using an older TWRP (not mine) it will still format your device back to EXT4, just do it BEFORE you restore.

Can I just restore a backup of F2FS?
Yes, but see the above ^^^ you will need to format to F2FS before restoring.

Will EXT4 still be supported?
Yes

Is F2FS better?
Not really sure, I haven't had enough time to play with it. It doesn't feel much 'faster' maybe im just being cynical lol.

I really broke/bricked my device, HELP?
if you have a stock firmware your best solution is to flash that with Odin.

Where's your TWRP source?
here - https://github.com/Joshndroid/androi...ung_lt03wifiue

Can I build my own TWRP?
Yes, but you need omnirom source so its not really worth doing it.

Last edited:

joshndroid

Jun 22, 2011
Google Shares

Rules -
1. I WILL NOT be keeping your PM or your email address anywhere once you have been added to the share, i WILL be respecting privacy so I expect the same in return.
2. I WILL however, be creating a google doc (probably in each rom folder) to signify by XDA username only who is in the share. (This is for a couple reasons, 1 - because I can keep track of who I have added to the share, 2 - people can see if they have been added or not to the share to either remind, 3 - It keeps people accountable when their, somewhat, online identity is linked to something.)
3. Do NOT spam me with PM's if I dont get to add you within a day. I am very active on the forums due to mobile access, but to add to the share I will need to be at home. If you have not been added and see your username in the google doc after 2 days, politely PM me again.
4. If you do not use the below template (as it has all the information I will be requiring on my end to add you), You wont be added (so 2 days will pass, you wont see your name or a rom and then check the info u sent me).
5. First download for yourself is going to be rather big (about 4 roms worth). I want to keep atleast a couple roms in the share so that if something is wrong, I can pull a download or whatever at it will not affect anything to severely.
6. You will not have any access to modify or delete the files. I am the owner and you guys will only be able to download/view (which is all you need).

Okay so how can you let me know your in.

First PM me using this template:

XDA Username -
Email (google drive account) -
Rom -
Devices (some have more than one) -

I will add you to the share, I will add you to the local google doc, you will get a device folder and your files will start to sync locally to your PC.

Couple quick FAQ's
How do you know when a new rom is on the share?
You could check it manually, I also was toying with a solution that I could share within the drive that would conduct periodic checks, problem is is that it would rely on a generated file as well as direct links (something that is hard to come by on file sharing services to firstly predict and script & usually requires you to manually click a share button to get a link).
However, there is a google chrome based extention that will notify you by tracking a folder when something new has been added to a google drive folder - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/folder-notifications-for/pamfobflonhoblkekglgpplpibfnckna
This will only track and send an email based on tracking 1 folder.
I am looking into the paid version myself ($2 - http://ez34.net/ezdrive/folder-notif) that will track 10 folders (which is a lot).

Can I get roms from the other locations?
Yes. I have done this setup to quicken my workflow to get roms out, the quicker you guys get them, the happier you's are. Now the primary issue I have it sync'ing to other file services to ensure I limit my bandwidth in uploading (to reduce wait times) and to keep things concurrent across. If i upload to google drive first and sync to other locations on my end, its quicker than me manually uploading to locations.

Remember the first few days I will be spammed with PM's to add everyone who wants to join, I may be a bit slow. But once that is out of the way it will be back to usual and we will then see the benefit of it. I am big on automation, the more I can automate, including checks and failsafes, the more we become something like can be provided by big rom providers.

Last edited:

joshndroid

Jun 22, 2011
so;

why did i make a new thread?
Well, i was tired of spamming the other thread that is of a nightly status with these unofficial builds. I pretty much run these builds each time i run a temasek build so they will be frequent enough.

Why havnt you just submitted to CM your the maintainer?
Well, everything is not fixed yet i have been looking at the camera and once that is fixed will probably submit it for nightly status for cm-13.0

what will happen then?
This will be the main thread for cm-13.0 as it continues on, through these unofficial builds and hopefully on to nightlies once the camera is done.

what about android N?
Waaaaaaaay to early to speculate about that yet.

Anything different to base cm-13.0?
Slightly, as the rom is built using UBERTC 4.9 for the rom, the kernel specifially is untouched (unlike temasek builds)

Reactions: 7786 and mosimchah

joshndroid

Jun 22, 2011
Is da kernel changes da only difference from dis an your temasek build an which do u think is more stable...?
Both have the same stability I havnt had one reboot on either rom but I don't get to use it enough because it gets flashed so much.

Apart from rom changes in temasek with more settings and stuff in the Temasek version. This version is vanilla cm builds.

Both roms are built with ubertc for the rom itself and there is no further kernel optimization for this rom

TruThug407

Apr 16, 2015
Both have the same stability I havnt had one reboot on either rom but I don't get to use it enough because it gets flashed so much.

Apart from rom changes in temasek with more settings and stuff in the Temasek version. This version is vanilla cm builds.

Both roms are built with ubertc for the rom itself and there is no further kernel optimization for this rom
Thanks bruh just makin sure....

Sy Borg

Sep 14, 2008

Are you planning to keep maintaining the updates on both? I currently have your Temasek version but if you are looking to focus your time on this one then I'll switch :)

TruThug407

Apr 16, 2015
Are you planning to keep maintaining the updates on both? I currently have your Temasek version but if you are looking to focus your time on this one then I'll switch :)
Temasek is his main project so it will get updated more often than dis one I think he started dis one to get it goin to nightly once da camera is fixed....

jaypea500

Sep 27, 2015
Gapps for temasek cm13 - difficulty

I flashed the temasek cm13 to my 600. Works cool, except I can't find a gapps 6.0 package that works. Every time I flash the gapps, I get two errors that take over the tablet: "unfortunately setup wizard has stopped" and "unfortunately google play services has stopped." I've tried the recommended gapps here, and the a-gapps package.

Any ideas on getting gapps to work here? Any other recommended gapps packages?

Thanx in advance...

...joe

joshndroid

Jun 22, 2011
I flashed the temasek cm13 to my 600. Works cool, except I can't find a gapps 6.0 package that works. Every time I flash the gapps, I get two errors that take over the tablet: "unfortunately setup wizard has stopped" and "unfortunately google play services has stopped." I've tried the recommended gapps here, and the a-gapps package.

Any ideas on getting gapps to work here? Any other recommended gapps packages?

Thanx in advance...

...joe
Bro I have a perfectly fine gapps package linked in second post (opengapps.org)...

These packages work fine for 7 devices I use.

jaypea500

Sep 27, 2015
yeah, I fixed it. it wasn't the gapps package. I keep forgetting that when flashing a new rom you need to immediately flash gapps without rebooting in between. the older I get, the more drips out of my colander-brain...

Feb 15, 2013
Preparing SD card causes black screen

I had a drop down when said a new sd card had been detected. I could either use it for photos or make it non removable (guess that means Linux format). I requested the sd card be configured and not make removable. I got an instant black screen, which i left over night , the tablet was no longer frozen but the partition table on the sdcard was corrupt.

Any ideas how to get this to work ?

joshndroid

Jun 22, 2011
I had a drop down when said a new sd card had been detected. I could either use it for photos or make it non removable (guess that means Linux format). I requested the sd card be configured and not make removable. I got an instant black screen, which i left over night , the tablet was no longer frozen but the partition table on the sdcard was corrupt.

Any ideas how to get this to work ?
Don't use that... Just use it as external storage.