[LT30p][PATCH] For JB-Alpha (FW: 9.1.A.0.420) {No Longer Needed as Final FW is OUT!}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

y2grae

Nov 12, 2010
Coventry
Re: [LT30p][PATCH] For JB-Alpha (FW: 9.1.A.0.420) {UPDATED Patch Set v2}

edit: deleted as bootloops caused by no firmware and asked in rom thread about firmware

Sent from my ARCHOS 101G9 using XDA Premium HD app

Unlocked boot loader etc

Last edited:

DooMLoRD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune
Advanced Stock Kernel with Recovery added!

so guys as i am using this as a daily ROM i just couldnt wait :p

here is the Advanced Stock Kernel with Recovery!

this contains a fresh kernel compiled from sources using a hack to get corrected display... huge thanks to Sony for providing kernel sources!!!!

recovery ramdisk is used as is from FXP202-CM10, huge thanks to FreeXperia team for their continuing support for Xperia devices!

ramdisk is insecure with usb debugging enabled!

NOTE: those trying to get wifi working on this freshly compiled kernel may run into issues as wifi module is not provided. i will get to work on that as and when i get time. you can use the ACTUAL stock kernel to test out hacks to get wifi working

How to enter recovery:
---------------------------------

This is standard CWM 6.0.2.7 recovery.

When device is booting at SONY logo you will feel a short vibration and LED will glow "pink"/"amber" immediately keep tapping the VOLUME UP key

you should now enter recovery

download links at first post!!!

cheers!

Last edited:

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune
Re: [LT30p][PATCH] For JB-Alpha (FW: 9.1.A.0.420) {UPDATED: Added Recovery!!!}

Is the modified source including this hack anywhere?

I don't have a fast connection to upload the entire source...

U can check the android_kernel_sony_msm8x60 source at CM tree... The patch is there...

Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app

lilstevie

Senior Recognized Developer
Apr 17, 2009
I don't have a fast connection to upload the entire source...

U can check the android_kernel_sony_msm8x60 source at CM tree... The patch is there...

A .patch would have been fine :p looking at the cm tree now, any approximation of which commit may be helpful rather than scanning a few hundred for something about display

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune
Reactions: lilstevie

romcio47

Nov 27, 2010
Bydgoszcz
Odp: [LT30p][PATCH] For JB-Alpha (FW: 9.1.A.0.420) {UPDATED: Added Recovery!!!}

JB is nice overall but after flashing patch no1 and 2 and after using JB on stock kernel for a few minutes:

- obviously WiFi does not work, cannot switch it on (i'm bloody curious how could we get this working on stock kernel!)
- BT still does not work, cannot switch it on
- NFC still does not work, firmware update fails and I can't switch it on, the tick-option is blurred.

After flashing patch no 1 BT and NFC should work (WiFi optional, apparently :>) without any fuss as the changelog says.

Tapatalked from Poland using Xperia T

Reactions: Miustone

gokhanmoral

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Mar 16, 2006
Ankara
www.isyam.bilkent.edu.tr
first of all, great work DooMLoRD... thank you very much. I could finally move to JB after weeks of dreaming about having enough time to flash it :)

and I have also downloaded sony's alpha sources (thanks to sony again for being so developer friendly by the way)

I got wifi working. according to the dmesg output PIL loading was the problem and I replaced the firmware files (only /system/etc/firmware/wcnss* are enough) with the ones on the latest ICS ROM.
I have also cherrypicked codeworkx prima_legacy commit from cm10.1 repo just to make sure that I don't have any module loading issue with the precompiled module binary available in /system/lib/modules
in the ramfs I mounted tempfs to /system/lib/modules and linked the files to /lib/modules/*.ko which are compiled.

I cannot pack & upload any patch now because all the work is left at my office, but I will do that tomorrow if DooMLoRD or anybody else doesn't publish any patch.

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune

first of all, great work DooMLoRD... thank you very much. I could finally move to JB after weeks of dreaming about having enough time to flash it :)

and I have also downloaded sony's alpha sources (thanks to sony again for being so developer friendly by the way)

I got wifi working. according to the dmesg output PIL loading was the problem and I replaced the firmware files (only /system/etc/firmware/wcnss* are enough) with the ones on the latest ICS ROM.
I have also cherrypicked codeworkx prima_legacy commit from cm10.1 repo just to make sure that I don't have any module loading issue with the precompiled module binary available in /system/lib/modules
in the ramfs I mounted tempfs to /system/lib/modules and linked the files to /lib/modules/*.ko which are compiled.

I cannot pack & upload any patch now because all the work is left at my office, but I will do that tomorrow if DooMLoRD or anybody else doesn't publish any patch.

Good to know u got it working... I am busy with my studies so don't have much time to play with this ROM... hopefully u can post a kernel+compatible patch (update.zip) to get WiFi working...

Reactions: gokhanmoral

r-l

Jan 8, 2011
Rotterdam

can't wait on your patch ;)

gokhanmoral

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Mar 16, 2006
Ankara
www.isyam.bilkent.edu.tr
can't wait on your patch ;)

I am sorry but you will have to wait some more because I bricked a friend's xperia and gave mine to him. it seems like a soft-brick but I could not recover it no matter what I have tried. I wanted to test the patch on it and installed JB alpha, but it didn't boot.. I could not get past to that triangle with a screwdriver in it... it was unlocked, I tried to flash stock ftf, evet tried to dd some partitions directly from my own xperia-t (recovery works and all partitions can be mounted) but I could not get it working (yes, fastboot mode also works). anyway... I'm on win8 now and I'll try to recover from that state once I miss android (I feel that it won't take long).
stock JB is very close to be released anyway.

Reactions: waynekirby

crazymister

Sep 18, 2010
Almere

Well there's no need to use the alpha anymore since the official rollout started this evening. I already uploaded an Ftf too. It's in the all in one thread in Q&A

Sent from my LT30p using xda premium

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune

I am sorry but you will have to wait some more because I bricked a friend's xperia and gave mine to him. it seems like a soft-brick but I could not recover it no matter what I have tried. I wanted to test the patch on it and installed JB alpha, but it didn't boot.. I could not get past to that triangle with a screwdriver in it... it was unlocked, I tried to flash stock ftf, evet tried to dd some partitions directly from my own xperia-t (recovery works and all partitions can be mounted) but I could not get it working (yes, fastboot mode also works). anyway... I'm on win8 now and I'll try to recover from that state once I miss android (I feel that it won't take long).
stock JB is very close to be released anyway.

I know what to do...

Just read this thread a few pages...

Anyways short answer... Flash any kernel with recovery and format internal sdcard... Device should boot now :p

Reactions: gokhanmoral
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    -------[ ANNOUNCEMENT ]-------

This thread is no longer needed as the JB final FW is released... FTF can be downloaded here...

I am locking this thread... it might be useful for future reference... oh the kernel with recovery might still be useful on JB :)

-------[ ANNOUNCEMENT ]-------

Patches for JB-Alpha

so guys here are a few patches to get things working on this build... unfortunately i am not at my dev machine and have a pathetically slow internet connection... so cant upload the whole package...

few things that you should download before u begin...

1. any kernel with recovery... u can use the FXP202 CM10 kernel: http://d-h.st/9Pr
      (thanks to FreeXperia Team for their work on the kernel)

2. Google Apps - http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip

3. PATCH-v1 zip to get root, sound, BT, baseband,to work, correct fingerprint to work on Google Play : http://d-h.st/rNe
      (this contains the stock JB-alpha kernel along with some fixes and will wipe /data and /cache partitions)
      [you might need to install busybox from market]

4. PATCH-v2 zip lots of Sony Apps from the JB leak which work on this build : http://d-h.st/eBG
      (this contains the stock JB-alpha kernel along with many Sony Apps)

5. Advanced Stock Kernel with Recovery! : http://d-h.st/HF8
      (this contains a fresh kernel compiled from sources using a hack to get corrected display... huge thanks to Sony for providing kernel sources!!!!)
      [recovery ramdisk is used as is from FXP202-CM10, huge thanks to FreeXperia team for their continuing support for Xperia devices!]
      [ramdisk is insecure with usb debugging enabled]
      {NOTE: those trying to get wifi working on this freshly compiled kernel may run into issues as wifi module is not provided. i will get to work on that as and when i get time. you can use the ACTUAL stock kernel to test out hacks to get wifi working}

What you get using this:
    -----------------------------------

• stock kernel with recovery
    • Device is rooted
    • Sound works
    • Baseband is recognized hence gsm works, 3g/hsdpa works
    • BT works
    • Google Apps works
    • You can now download from Google Play Store
    • original Sony apps for JB 4.1.2

Requirements:
    ---------------------

Screenshots:
    -------------------

Check them out here

Step-by-Step:
    --------------------

1. download the zips and put them on sdcard
    2. flash (via fastboot) any kernel (with recovery) and boot into recovery
    3. flash GApps
    4. flash the PATCH-v1 zip
    5. flash the PATCH-v2 zip
    6. reboot from recovery
    7. enter flash mode and flash the Advanced Stock Kernel (LT30p-JB_Alpha-DooMLoRD-AdvStk-1.elf)
    8. reboot from fastboot mode and the device will boot into OS

How to enter recovery:

When device is booting at SONY logo you will feel a short vibration and LED will glow "pink"/"amber" immediately keep tapping the VOLUME UP key

Credits:
    -----------
    Sony - for being so developer friendly
    Bin4ry - the build.prop hacks from the Xperia Arc ICS alpha (worked on this build too)
    jerpelea - msm_fb hack to get recovery correctly working on this kernel
    pulser_g2 - hack to recognize baseband
    me - integrating it all and some more stuff for you guys ;)

i am working on integrating recovery into the stock JB-alpha kernel but as i am away from my dev machine its taking longer than expected :p

i will make another patch set which will contain Sony Apps for this build...

till then enjoy this!!!

so guys as i am using this as a daily ROM i just couldnt wait :p

here is the Advanced Stock Kernel with Recovery!

this contains a fresh kernel compiled from sources using a hack to get corrected display... huge thanks to Sony for providing kernel sources!!!!

recovery ramdisk is used as is from FXP202-CM10, huge thanks to FreeXperia team for their continuing support for Xperia devices!

ramdisk is insecure with usb debugging enabled!

NOTE: those trying to get wifi working on this freshly compiled kernel may run into issues as wifi module is not provided. i will get to work on that as and when i get time. you can use the ACTUAL stock kernel to test out hacks to get wifi working

How to enter recovery:

download links at first post!!!

cheers!
    patch set v2 uploaded!

i have my exams coming up in a few days so i am back to studies, just wanted to post this before that ;)

it contains most of the Sony apps... i have integrated the apps from the JB leak and they work fairly well with this alpha version...

please start from a fresh flash for best results... steps to get this working are in 1st post...

i hope that now this JB-Alpha ROM is much more functional than before :)

cheers!
    For me Wifi not working after Patch ZIP flash. This is very interesting: In ZIP has bootanimation.zip but on booting has a original ANDROID logo bootanimation. ?? When starting the rom comes a NFC firmware update text, what is this?

Not working yet for me
    - wifi
    - bluetooth
    - NFC
    - FM

Working
    - GPS
    - Cam (Photo and Videorecording too :) )

Screenshot:
    http://centibutor.hu/jb_alpha/

Very fast rom :)

Wifi is flaky.. was working the first time.. but later has issues...

BT works...

and yes i am still not sure why some of the files in the update.zip are not flashing correctly...

Problems that I have found:
    WiFi not working
    NFC not working
    Bluetooth

BT works...

Doom, your a legend!

@all, please don't forget to post some feedback on the alpha thread for Sony (who after all started this ball rolling)

havent had much time to keep the ROM "stock" :p

wifi not work

check above reply...
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone