[LT30p][PATCH] For JB-Alpha (FW: 9.1.A.0.420) {No Longer Needed as Final FW is OUT!}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

y2grae

Nov 12, 2010
Coventry
Re: [LT30p][PATCH] For JB-Alpha (FW: 9.1.A.0.420) {UPDATED Patch Set v2}

edit: deleted as bootloops caused by no firmware and asked in rom thread about firmware

Sent from my ARCHOS 101G9 using XDA Premium HD app

Unlocked boot loader etc

Last edited:

DooMLoRD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune
Advanced Stock Kernel with Recovery added!

so guys as i am using this as a daily ROM i just couldnt wait :p

here is the Advanced Stock Kernel with Recovery!

this contains a fresh kernel compiled from sources using a hack to get corrected display... huge thanks to Sony for providing kernel sources!!!!

recovery ramdisk is used as is from FXP202-CM10, huge thanks to FreeXperia team for their continuing support for Xperia devices!

ramdisk is insecure with usb debugging enabled!

NOTE: those trying to get wifi working on this freshly compiled kernel may run into issues as wifi module is not provided. i will get to work on that as and when i get time. you can use the ACTUAL stock kernel to test out hacks to get wifi working

How to enter recovery:
---------------------------------

This is standard CWM 6.0.2.7 recovery.

When device is booting at SONY logo you will feel a short vibration and LED will glow "pink"/"amber" immediately keep tapping the VOLUME UP key

you should now enter recovery

download links at first post!!!

cheers!

Last edited:

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune
Re: [LT30p][PATCH] For JB-Alpha (FW: 9.1.A.0.420) {UPDATED: Added Recovery!!!}

Is the modified source including this hack anywhere?

I don't have a fast connection to upload the entire source...

U can check the android_kernel_sony_msm8x60 source at CM tree... The patch is there...

Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app

lilstevie

Senior Recognized Developer
Apr 17, 2009
I don't have a fast connection to upload the entire source...

U can check the android_kernel_sony_msm8x60 source at CM tree... The patch is there...

A .patch would have been fine :p looking at the cm tree now, any approximation of which commit may be helpful rather than scanning a few hundred for something about display

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune
Reactions: lilstevie

romcio47

Nov 27, 2010
Bydgoszcz
Odp: [LT30p][PATCH] For JB-Alpha (FW: 9.1.A.0.420) {UPDATED: Added Recovery!!!}

JB is nice overall but after flashing patch no1 and 2 and after using JB on stock kernel for a few minutes:

- obviously WiFi does not work, cannot switch it on (i'm bloody curious how could we get this working on stock kernel!)
- BT still does not work, cannot switch it on
- NFC still does not work, firmware update fails and I can't switch it on, the tick-option is blurred.

After flashing patch no 1 BT and NFC should work (WiFi optional, apparently :>) without any fuss as the changelog says.

Tapatalked from Poland using Xperia T

Reactions: Miustone

gokhanmoral

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Mar 16, 2006
Ankara
www.isyam.bilkent.edu.tr
first of all, great work DooMLoRD... thank you very much. I could finally move to JB after weeks of dreaming about having enough time to flash it :)

and I have also downloaded sony's alpha sources (thanks to sony again for being so developer friendly by the way)

I got wifi working. according to the dmesg output PIL loading was the problem and I replaced the firmware files (only /system/etc/firmware/wcnss* are enough) with the ones on the latest ICS ROM.
I have also cherrypicked codeworkx prima_legacy commit from cm10.1 repo just to make sure that I don't have any module loading issue with the precompiled module binary available in /system/lib/modules
in the ramfs I mounted tempfs to /system/lib/modules and linked the files to /lib/modules/*.ko which are compiled.

I cannot pack & upload any patch now because all the work is left at my office, but I will do that tomorrow if DooMLoRD or anybody else doesn't publish any patch.

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune

first of all, great work DooMLoRD... thank you very much. I could finally move to JB after weeks of dreaming about having enough time to flash it :)

and I have also downloaded sony's alpha sources (thanks to sony again for being so developer friendly by the way)

I got wifi working. according to the dmesg output PIL loading was the problem and I replaced the firmware files (only /system/etc/firmware/wcnss* are enough) with the ones on the latest ICS ROM.
I have also cherrypicked codeworkx prima_legacy commit from cm10.1 repo just to make sure that I don't have any module loading issue with the precompiled module binary available in /system/lib/modules
in the ramfs I mounted tempfs to /system/lib/modules and linked the files to /lib/modules/*.ko which are compiled.

I cannot pack & upload any patch now because all the work is left at my office, but I will do that tomorrow if DooMLoRD or anybody else doesn't publish any patch.

Good to know u got it working... I am busy with my studies so don't have much time to play with this ROM... hopefully u can post a kernel+compatible patch (update.zip) to get WiFi working...

Reactions: gokhanmoral

r-l

Jan 8, 2011
Rotterdam
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE

can't wait on your patch ;)

gokhanmoral

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Mar 16, 2006
Ankara
www.isyam.bilkent.edu.tr
can't wait on your patch ;)

I am sorry but you will have to wait some more because I bricked a friend's xperia and gave mine to him. it seems like a soft-brick but I could not recover it no matter what I have tried. I wanted to test the patch on it and installed JB alpha, but it didn't boot.. I could not get past to that triangle with a screwdriver in it... it was unlocked, I tried to flash stock ftf, evet tried to dd some partitions directly from my own xperia-t (recovery works and all partitions can be mounted) but I could not get it working (yes, fastboot mode also works). anyway... I'm on win8 now and I'll try to recover from that state once I miss android (I feel that it won't take long).
stock JB is very close to be released anyway.

Reactions: waynekirby

crazymister

Sep 18, 2010
Almere
Sony Xperia 1 II
Sony Xperia 1 IV

Well there's no need to use the alpha anymore since the official rollout started this evening. I already uploaded an Ftf too. It's in the all in one thread in Q&A

Sent from my LT30p using xda premium

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune

I am sorry but you will have to wait some more because I bricked a friend's xperia and gave mine to him. it seems like a soft-brick but I could not recover it no matter what I have tried. I wanted to test the patch on it and installed JB alpha, but it didn't boot.. I could not get past to that triangle with a screwdriver in it... it was unlocked, I tried to flash stock ftf, evet tried to dd some partitions directly from my own xperia-t (recovery works and all partitions can be mounted) but I could not get it working (yes, fastboot mode also works). anyway... I'm on win8 now and I'll try to recover from that state once I miss android (I feel that it won't take long).
stock JB is very close to be released anyway.

I know what to do...

Just read this thread a few pages...

Anyways short answer... Flash any kernel with recovery and format internal sdcard... Device should boot now :p

Reactions: gokhanmoral

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune
This thread is no longer needed as the JB final FW is released... FTF can be downloaded here...

I am locking this thread... it might be useful for future reference... oh the kernel with recovery might still be useful on JB :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    -------[ ANNOUNCEMENT ]-------

This thread is no longer needed as the JB final FW is released... FTF can be downloaded here...

I am locking this thread... it might be useful for future reference... oh the kernel with recovery might still be useful on JB :)

-------[ ANNOUNCEMENT ]-------

Patches for JB-Alpha

so guys here are a few patches to get things working on this build... unfortunately i am not at my dev machine and have a pathetically slow internet connection... so cant upload the whole package...

few things that you should download before u begin...

1. any kernel with recovery... u can use the FXP202 CM10 kernel: http://d-h.st/9Pr
      (thanks to FreeXperia Team for their work on the kernel)

2. Google Apps - http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip

3. PATCH-v1 zip to get root, sound, BT, baseband,to work, correct fingerprint to work on Google Play : http://d-h.st/rNe
      (this contains the stock JB-alpha kernel along with some fixes and will wipe /data and /cache partitions)
      [you might need to install busybox from market]

4. PATCH-v2 zip lots of Sony Apps from the JB leak which work on this build : http://d-h.st/eBG
      (this contains the stock JB-alpha kernel along with many Sony Apps)

5. Advanced Stock Kernel with Recovery! : http://d-h.st/HF8
      (this contains a fresh kernel compiled from sources using a hack to get corrected display... huge thanks to Sony for providing kernel sources!!!!)
      [recovery ramdisk is used as is from FXP202-CM10, huge thanks to FreeXperia team for their continuing support for Xperia devices!]
      [ramdisk is insecure with usb debugging enabled]
      {NOTE: those trying to get wifi working on this freshly compiled kernel may run into issues as wifi module is not provided. i will get to work on that as and when i get time. you can use the ACTUAL stock kernel to test out hacks to get wifi working}

What you get using this:
    -----------------------------------

• stock kernel with recovery
    • Device is rooted
    • Sound works
    • Baseband is recognized hence gsm works, 3g/hsdpa works
    • BT works
    • Google Apps works
    • You can now download from Google Play Store
    • original Sony apps for JB 4.1.2

Requirements:
    ---------------------

Screenshots:
    -------------------

Check them out here

Step-by-Step:
    --------------------

1. download the zips and put them on sdcard
    2. flash (via fastboot) any kernel (with recovery) and boot into recovery
    3. flash GApps
    4. flash the PATCH-v1 zip
    5. flash the PATCH-v2 zip
    6. reboot from recovery
    7. enter flash mode and flash the Advanced Stock Kernel (LT30p-JB_Alpha-DooMLoRD-AdvStk-1.elf)
    8. reboot from fastboot mode and the device will boot into OS

How to enter recovery:

When device is booting at SONY logo you will feel a short vibration and LED will glow "pink"/"amber" immediately keep tapping the VOLUME UP key

Credits:
    -----------
    Sony - for being so developer friendly
    Bin4ry - the build.prop hacks from the Xperia Arc ICS alpha (worked on this build too)
    jerpelea - msm_fb hack to get recovery correctly working on this kernel
    pulser_g2 - hack to recognize baseband
    me - integrating it all and some more stuff for you guys ;)

i am working on integrating recovery into the stock JB-alpha kernel but as i am away from my dev machine its taking longer than expected :p

i will make another patch set which will contain Sony Apps for this build...

till then enjoy this!!!

so guys as i am using this as a daily ROM i just couldnt wait :p

here is the Advanced Stock Kernel with Recovery!

this contains a fresh kernel compiled from sources using a hack to get corrected display... huge thanks to Sony for providing kernel sources!!!!

recovery ramdisk is used as is from FXP202-CM10, huge thanks to FreeXperia team for their continuing support for Xperia devices!

ramdisk is insecure with usb debugging enabled!

NOTE: those trying to get wifi working on this freshly compiled kernel may run into issues as wifi module is not provided. i will get to work on that as and when i get time. you can use the ACTUAL stock kernel to test out hacks to get wifi working

How to enter recovery:

download links at first post!!!

cheers!
    patch set v2 uploaded!

i have my exams coming up in a few days so i am back to studies, just wanted to post this before that ;)

it contains most of the Sony apps... i have integrated the apps from the JB leak and they work fairly well with this alpha version...

please start from a fresh flash for best results... steps to get this working are in 1st post...

i hope that now this JB-Alpha ROM is much more functional than before :)

cheers!
    For me Wifi not working after Patch ZIP flash. This is very interesting: In ZIP has bootanimation.zip but on booting has a original ANDROID logo bootanimation. ?? When starting the rom comes a NFC firmware update text, what is this?

Not working yet for me
    - wifi
    - bluetooth
    - NFC
    - FM

Working
    - GPS
    - Cam (Photo and Videorecording too :) )

Screenshot:
    http://centibutor.hu/jb_alpha/

Very fast rom :)

Wifi is flaky.. was working the first time.. but later has issues...

BT works...

and yes i am still not sure why some of the files in the update.zip are not flashing correctly...

Problems that I have found:
    WiFi not working
    NFC not working
    Bluetooth

BT works...

Doom, your a legend!

@all, please don't forget to post some feedback on the alpha thread for Sony (who after all started this ball rolling)

havent had much time to keep the ROM "stock" :p

check above reply...