Search This thread

Ddevinatea

Mar 4, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Hi all,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S20 FE G781B/DS that I bought unlocked on ebay. It's a great device, I come from a Xiaomi Mi 10 that was great but MIUI 12 was a desaster and it was not dual sim... the thing is that I need dual SIM for T Mobile in the US and Claro in Peru.

I live in Peru and Claro has the bands 2, 7 and 28.. the first two are very slow and the band 28 is pretty fast with 80mbps average of download.

The problem is that this phone almost ALWAYS chooses the bands 2 and 7, I installed LTE discovery app and I can see that the band 28 is near but it does not connect to it.

What can I do? I also detected that with T Mobile in Miami, the phone selected towers and bands that made the internet very slow.

When I compare the connection with mi M10 and my father's S20 FE Exynos that also support the 28 band, they do connect to it, in the same place at the same time.

Is the phone defective?

Please advise,

Thanks

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
Hi all,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S20 FE G781B/DS that I bought unlocked on ebay. It's a great device, I come from a Xiaomi Mi 10 that was great but MIUI 12 was a desaster and it was not dual sim... the thing is that I need dual SIM for T Mobile in the US and Claro in Peru.

I live in Peru and Claro has the bands 2, 7 and 28.. the first two are very slow and the band 28 is pretty fast with 80mbps average of download.

The problem is that this phone almost ALWAYS chooses the bands 2 and 7, I installed LTE discovery app and I can see that the band 28 is near but it does not connect to it.

What can I do? I also detected that with T Mobile in Miami, the phone selected towers and bands that made the internet very slow.

When I compare the connection with mi M10 and my father's S20 FE Exynos that also support the 28 band, they do connect to it, in the same place at the same time.

Is the phone defective?

Please advise,

Thanks
someone recommended this on another forum, no idea if it will help but it did for the other user

oh wait... yeah this was already you on reddit

Last edited: