• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

LTE Suddenly Stopped Working

Search This thread

AlexKarimov

Oct 13, 2019
A while ago, I bought an unlocked Pixel 3 as a spare phone and to flash different ROMs on for fun. I ended up loading EvoX 11 on it in July. My mom needed a new phone so long story...my dad got the Pixel 3 with EvoX on it. Even though the ROM has had monthly updates, I haven't done any of them because it's his daily driver and I wanted to wait and see if there were any problems with updates but there's not a lot of traffic on the thread.

Yesterday, after months of working fine, the LTE refused to stay connected. He was in the middle of a call and it dropped and said he needed to activate WIFI calling. No matter what I did, I could never get LTE to connect for more than a few seconds, though WIFI calling worked flawlessly.

I even wiped and updated to the latest LOS after flashing Oct factory image. I put his sim in my spare 4 that ran LOS and same thing. LTE doesn't work but WIFI calling is fine. I took it to the Verizon store and the tech recognized the unlocked bootloader but didn't blame it(I thought they would). We even activated a new sim and same thing. They did everything on their end and no change.

So after coming home, I factory reset it again and same issue. I factory reset the Pixel 4 and inserted his new sim and it works like it should. So now that I have a pixel 3 again, I decided to try ArrowOS on the 3. Flashing and booting went good but when I insert my sim, same issue my dad had.

Long story but does anyone have an idea what would cause this? I'm pretty sure the phone is unusable as a daily now but I'm just really curious what it could be.

Thanks

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Google Pixel 3
Doesn't it seem obvious? It's the sim.

And, if it's not the sim, then it's the OS, which u would be much much more likely to get a resolution for in discussions about that Rom. Sure, there may not be much traffic in them, but I don't build roms, most people that read this thread aren't going to be rom builders, so finding that answer, for a specific rom, here, not likely at all.

good luck. But my bet, it's the sim card, needs to be replaced.

AlexKarimov

Oct 13, 2019
Thanks for the reply. I was really sure it was the sim too but his new sim and my sim didn't make a difference.

Maybe I should clarify. His new sim works in a pixel 4. Old phone(no LTE) is a 3. I've confirmed it's not the rom as it's done the same thing on 3 separate roms. I haven't tried stock but I suspect it's the same

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Google Pixel 3
Thanks for the reply. I was really sure it was the sim too but his new sim and my sim didn't make a difference.

Maybe I should clarify. His new sim works in a pixel 4. Old phone(no LTE) is a 3. I've confirmed it's not the rom as it's done the same thing on 3 separate roms. I haven't tried stock but I suspect it's the same

Ah, interesting. Well it sounds like u have a good handle on what's going on, trying diff sims and diff devices, def the way to narrow it down.

What's going on I've no idea, honestly, sounds a bit bizarre. But, I was wondering, are u related to the 'Brothers Karamazov'? :) Just kidding, prob not, but that is a (close to) famous literary name.

cheers

Reactions: AlexKarimov

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Ah, interesting. Well it sounds like u have a good handle on what's going on, trying diff sims and diff devices, def the way to narrow it down.

What's going on I've no idea, honestly, sounds a bit bizarre. But, I was wondering, are u related to the 'Brothers Karamazov'? :) Just kidding, prob not, but that is a (close to) famous literary name.

cheers